Author Topic: Deleted Thread  (Read 1194 times)

Baruk_Khazad

• Recruit
Deleted Thread
« on: 19 July 2023, 06:10:23 »
Mods, please delete this thread
« Last Edit: 21 August 2023, 19:15:35 by Baruk_Khazad »

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
I'm not aware of anything that doesn't work right out of the box as long as you have your Java install situated. There's no easy double click executable like on Windows, but you can just throw a bash script together.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Baruk_Khazad

• Recruit
Delete
« Last Edit: 21 August 2023, 19:15:47 by Baruk_Khazad »

doulos05

• Warrant Officer
Linux user for nearly a decade, I cannot remember a time when Megamek or MekHQ didn't work for a reason other than java install weirdness, and even then it was usually as easy as making sure I had the right Java version in my path.
I mean, it's not like once you having something in low Earth orbit you can stick a gassy astronaut on the outside after Chili Night and fart it anywhere in the solar system.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
If you use Discord, there's a MegaMek server, where at least one of the admins knows something about running MM on Linux (and on Apple OS machines, for obvious reasons).

(There are also a bunch more MegaMek users there, too ... :-) )
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Baruk_Khazad

• Recruit
Delete
« Last Edit: 21 August 2023, 19:16:01 by Baruk_Khazad »