Author Topic: Smoke Warheads (Advanced Units & Equipment)  (Read 87 times)

Charistoph

• Major
Smoke Warheads (Advanced Units & Equipment)
« on: 28 August 2024, 19:58:57 »
Tactical Operations: Advanced Units & Equipment pg 183 lists Smoke Warheads for LRMs, SRMs, and MMLs.  It lists that Smoke Munitions use the same rules as standard missile types for their launcher except for the exceptions.  One of those exceptions is that they do no damage to any units in the target hex.

Total Warfare pg 125 under Ammunition Critical Hit Effects says to calculate the total Damage Value of all Ammo currently carried in the slot and apply it to the Internal Structure.

Tactical Operations does not provide any specific information that I can find on a Critical Hit on the Ammo.

The question is if a unit like the GHR-5H Grasshopper is carrying Smoke Warheads for its LRM-5, and the Ammo takes a Critical, what would the affects be?

Either:
A) It is LRM Ammo, so 1 point of Damage times the Launcher size times Shots remaining, so up to 120 points of Damage is applied to Grasshopper's Internal Structure.

OR

B) It is Smoke Ammo which does no Damage to its target, so 0 points of Damage times the Launcher size times Shots remaining, leaving 0 Damage to be applied to the Grasshopper's Internal Structure.

Thank you for our response!
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Register