Author Topic: Omni Configuration Alternates?  (Read 4589 times)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
Re: Omni Configuration Alternates?
« Reply #30 on: 12 October 2022, 09:22:37 »
Warriors experiment with loadouts constantly. The Stanstandard configurations are just the most popular or the developers preffered configurations. But a warrior should have the ability to reconfigure there Omni to fit there preferences. Want a more heat efficient Dire Wolf? A warrior could design and use one if desired and the omnipods were available.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 12 October 2022, 11:50:37 »
Warriors experiment with loadouts constantly. The Stanstandard configurations are just the most popular or the developers preffered configurations. But a warrior should have the ability to reconfigure there Omni to fit there preferences. Want a more heat efficient Dire Wolf? A warrior could design and use one if desired and the omnipods were available.

Heat efficiency is cowardice and would not be accepted in my Star.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #32 on: 12 October 2022, 12:16:44 »

Won't be your Star anymore after I kill you in a Trial of Grievance over that kinda stupidity.  >:D
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 12 October 2022, 13:11:03 »
Won't be your Star anymore after I kill you in a Trial of Grievance over that kinda stupidity.  >:D

I'll just release you lest you taint my honor.

However,
:) Stormlion and I know what happened...

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 12 October 2022, 14:45:09 »
It's not increasing heat efficiency, its trading DPS for DOT :thumbsup:
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 12 October 2022, 14:54:28 »
If I can blast an opponent into ruin in one salvo. I can cool down later and lose less armor in the process. Rinse and repeat till the Trial is won

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #36 on: 12 October 2022, 15:01:58 »
That's some wishful thinking right there... kinda perfect for a Clan warrior, really.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 13 October 2022, 10:19:34 »
If I can blast an opponent into ruin in one salvo. I can cool down later and lose less armor in the process. Rinse and repeat till the Trial is won
Well, then have I got a mech for you!  It can core an Omega in a single alpha strike!  With 8 ER PPCs on your Dire Wolf, you won't have to worry about making a second shot, because even if the target survives, you won't be able to do anything about it.  At 120 heat, don't bother slapping that OVERRIDE button, it's just there to make the inspectors happy.  We disabled it so that's one less thing you have to think about.

So, shall I go start the paper work so you can take this bad dog home today? :D
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #38 on: 13 October 2022, 10:27:05 »
 . . . you now make me want to try that out.  I mean the question is, does blasting a mech with 120 damage offset the hypothetical Dire Wolf sitting there for 3 or 4 turns until it can pass a start up check . . . which is sort of feasible under the Clan trial system.  I mean if they cripple their opponent and no one else is free to engage them . . .

The original Supernova sort of does this . . . just not quite as far.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 13 October 2022, 12:45:06 »
. . . you now make me want to try that out.  I mean the question is, does blasting a mech with 120 damage offset the hypothetical Dire Wolf sitting there for 3 or 4 turns until it can pass a start up check . . . which is sort of feasible under the Clan trial system.  I mean if they cripple their opponent and no one else is free to engage them . . .

It's certainly a very Clan thing to do, but I don't like the overall odds. If I were given to wagers, I would bet that the more common outcome is that you take out a side torso.  While your opponent might be down to half of their weapons and are facing a PSR, but when they get up, they will have 3-4 turns shooting at an immobile target.

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 13 October 2022, 12:54:03 »
Well, then have I got a mech for you!  It can core an Omega in a single alpha strike!  With 8 ER PPCs on your Dire Wolf, you won't have to worry about making a second shot, because even if the target survives, you won't be able to do anything about it.  At 120 heat, don't bother slapping that OVERRIDE button, it's just there to make the inspectors happy.  We disabled it so that's one less thing you have to think about.

So, shall I go start the paper work so you can take this bad dog home today? :D

Look I like to live the Clan Way dangerously so you better swap half of those ERPPCs out for some Heavy Large Lasers (for max of 132)and I will say it is 'Bargained Well and Done.' possibly even 'Well Done' for myself.

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 13 October 2022, 13:24:14 »
Look I like to live the Clan Way dangerously so you better swap half of those ERPPCs out for some Heavy Large Lasers (for max of 132)and I will say it is 'Bargained Well and Done.' possibly even 'Well Done' for myself.
If you're less "Lightening Factory on Legs," and more of "Disco of Death" kind of person then we can accommodate you with no less than 12 large heavy lasers! 192 points of damage.  That damage/gross weight ratio of 1.92!  And it will only cost you 218 heat points,And a small TH penalty.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #42 on: 13 October 2022, 15:02:07 »

Sounds like the logical end of the Black Hawk H.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Register