Author Topic: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder  (Read 222199 times)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
Re: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder
« Reply #420 on: 04 December 2011, 10:12:12 »
Personally, I think that's wishful thinking.

Yeah?  I was told "wishful thinking" by plenty on these forums until WoR came out.

Clan Zombie is probably gone as any sort of organized force.  I'm sure there still are Burrocks wandering the wastes of some of the wrecked home worlds though.

Basically.  I can see some pirate bands/dark caste forces still lurking after the fact with some Burrocks.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #421 on: 04 December 2011, 12:47:38 »
Maybe, but who cares?
After the WoR and the annihilation the Adders did to the Dark I doubt that there is any group left large enough to make problems for the Homeclans. Just some dispersed survivors.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #422 on: 04 December 2011, 12:58:50 »
Maybe, but who cares?
After the WoR and the annihilation the Adders did to the Dark I doubt that there is any group left large enough to make problems for the Homeclans. Just some dispersed survivors.

Adders wouldn't care seeing how they are the new Wolf.   ;)
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #423 on: 04 December 2011, 13:33:46 »
Maybe, but who cares?

Sadly thats the same believe as after Operation Klondike.  :-\

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #424 on: 04 December 2011, 13:38:20 »
Adders wouldn't care seeing how they are the new Wolf.   ;)

Ok that is kind of true and sort of funny, but seriously the Adders pretty much scorch earthed anywhere they found Burrocks.  If any survivors are smart and they have jumpships they'd be better off jumping away from the homeworlds for good.

To the patient go the spoils

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #425 on: 05 December 2011, 13:42:15 »
What do you think are the lessons from the WoR?

IMHO the civilian castes have to be granted a stronger say.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #426 on: 25 December 2011, 07:16:23 »
Froliche Weihnachten my Adder clansmen.

Or Merry Christmas for those of us in the new world.
« Last Edit: 25 December 2011, 08:08:15 by cold1 »

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #427 on: 30 December 2011, 16:03:58 »
What are for the brightest and darkest events of the WoR?

For me, the brightest were the creation of the Stone Lions and the outsmarting of the Vipers.
The darkest was the planetary annihilation of York.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #428 on: 30 December 2011, 16:48:54 »
Darkest ? The killing of our khan and the destruction of my favorite cluster.  :'(

Brightest ? To see us survive while our enemies are crushed.  }:)

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #429 on: 31 December 2011, 09:56:03 »
Darkest:  N'buta dying, the Burrocks coming back, the 5th becoming Horses (they were my favorites), and the destruction of York.

Brightest: Hannibal smashing Andrews face in, the warriors beating down the Society, and the Adders surviving the wars with some kind of strength intact

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #430 on: 31 December 2011, 12:17:43 »
Hmm, given what N`Buta did to let the WoR escalate, I can hardly moarn him.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #431 on: 31 December 2011, 19:22:57 »
I thought Dante Truscott's death was much more tragic than N'Buta's, although it was sad to see them both go.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #432 on: 01 January 2012, 01:24:47 »

He was the ultimate fiddler... and Andrews was the fiddle.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #433 on: 01 January 2012, 06:59:30 »

Had he really the chance to avoid the escalation ? To that time disagreeing with Andrew would only mean to bring the Adders against the Vipers - ultimately destroying both clans.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #434 on: 01 January 2012, 12:16:56 »
Happy New Year to all of you!

-------------------------------------------

Had he really the chance to avoid the escalation ? To that time disagreeing with Andrew would only mean to bring the Adders against the Vipers - ultimately destroying both clans.

He did not see (or may worse he ignored) the ex-Burrocks` dealings and moves. It was so naive.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #435 on: 01 January 2012, 13:32:03 »
This little Burrock discontent alone wouldn't have bothered us much. If not for the blackout and all the other trouble around the coup on the Tanite worlds wouldn't have last for long. There was no real danger - and it seems most of the Burrocks stand loyal to us.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #436 on: 01 January 2012, 15:34:04 »
I agree with Wotan.  The Adders for the most part behaved like an organized military in the early Reaving calls when some clans started to break down.  N'buta wanted the invaders gone and when the Vipers started beating them out the Adders let them do the heavy lifting. N'buta let the Vipers do a lot of the dirty work and he knew they went too far but he waited until the time was right to make his move.

As for the Burrock resurection they hid themselves well and once the Adders knew what was up Banacek knocked them out pretty quick.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #437 on: 02 January 2012, 12:50:39 »
The damage done by that rebellion was vast, see the losses of the touman suffered in battle, most of our warship losses and some of the most serious enclave losses (Priori, Tanite worlds) can be correlated to that rebellion.

Furthermore do not forget that Stanislov was Adder Adjutant for a long time, he was up to get the ex Burrocks integrate into the Adder Clan. He was something laxy.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #438 on: 02 January 2012, 12:57:45 »
The damage done by that rebellion was vast, see the losses of the touman suffered in battle, most of our warship losses and some of the most serious enclave losses (Priori, Tanite worlds) can be correlated to that rebellion.

Furthermore do not forget that Stanislov was Adder Adjutant for a long time, he was up to get the ex Burrocks integrate into the Adder Clan. He was something laxy.

N'buta did a good job of trying to integrate the Burrocks... the Burrocks that actually weren't corrupted by the dark fit in well.  I agree making an all Burrock galaxy and then sending them into the periphery and leaving them to their own devices was short sited on his part but the majority of Burrock warriors and lower caste assimilated appropriately.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #439 on: 02 January 2012, 14:51:55 »
I mised the point that Priori fall also prey to the Burrocks. I had the society in mind for Priori. In the end it was a mix. But ... wasn't there any garrison from our side ? P.132 doesn't speak of any Adder force that was overwhelmed there.  ???

Same for Tanis itself. We only knew Rho was transferred out. And the rebels of Burrocks fight the Cobras - but no Adder force is mentioned. I know that we had a galaxy there since the takeover. But who followed Rho ?
We held nearly 50% of the Tanite worlds and had no garrison force there ?  :))

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #440 on: 02 January 2012, 17:07:45 »
The Adders pulled garrison forces back to Sheridan pretty early on when they were consolidating forces.  They didn't know what was going on so they just left worlds undefended in some cases to try and consolidate their strength. 

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #441 on: 02 January 2012, 17:17:31 »
That doesn't fit. Tanis fell in January 3072, Priori a month after HGP blackout (wish was also in January iirc).
P.104 states August 3072 as the time where the Adder khans reconsolidate our touman.

This would be a half year after the fall of an undefended Tanis and Priori ...

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #442 on: 02 January 2012, 17:43:01 »
That doesn't fit. Tanis fell in January 3072, Priori a month after HGP blackout (wish was also in January iirc).
P.104 states August 3072 as the time where the Adder khans reconsolidate our touman.

This would be a half year after the fall of an undefended Tanis and Priori ...

You beat me to it.  I was just coming back to correct my post after rechecking the dates.  That is strange.

Possible that the force rotated into the Tanites was Burrock heavy and they turned?  What galaxy was on Priori, WoR doesn't list one?

Here's another question...  What's with the 5 unblood named star colonels after the WoR?  Seems strange that there would be that many.  No other clan appears to have more than 1 if any.

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #443 on: 02 January 2012, 18:23:01 »
Don't forget that some of the bloodlines were tainted by the Society. Could be the Adders either didn't have time to replace all the blooded warriors lost or weren't ready to.

The Society/Dark caste/Burrock connection seems to imply that the Society had previously had long term contacts with either the Burrocks or the Dark Caste. It's unlikely to have formed that well over a short time.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #444 on: 02 January 2012, 18:37:16 »
That was something I hoped the supplemental would cover (if we ever get one) how deep were the dark and the society connected and for how long.  And how much did the Burrocks who were involved know about the society.

I really hope the supplemental is from a Homeworld perspective.

In other news I just glued the arms on a Warhawk A mini to complete my Alpha Galaxy trinary.  I'll put the pics up here as well as the mini section once they are painted.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2012, 19:22:02 by cold1 »

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #445 on: 02 January 2012, 19:21:05 »
Keep in mind that there's a lot of material in the pipeline for them to deal with.  They haven't announced cancelling the Supplemental, so my guess is they're still working on it.  It just may not be the priority that certain other books are at the moment.  (Field Manual 3085 comes to mind.)

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #446 on: 02 January 2012, 20:09:51 »
I wonder if the Renegade Burrocks got involved with the Society thru the DK. Or did the Soceity connect with the DK thru the Burrocks.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #447 on: 02 January 2012, 20:19:53 »
I think we shouldn't criticize the Adder Khans' damning lax treatment of the Burrocks that badly. They probably never would have gone renegade if they hadn't had the support of the Society and I don't think anyone could have predicted their long reach across the Clans. Otherwise, the unhappy Burrocks probably would have probably just skulked until they all got old and died and that would have been the end of it.

Oh, and my "Brightest Moment" of the Wars of Reaving was probably the devastation of the Blood Spirits on York, Haven and Honor.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #448 on: 02 January 2012, 20:20:57 »
How long did the Burrocks know about the society and how much did they know?  How bad would a dark caste cooperating Burrock scientist mess up the Adders legacies... yeeeesh that's a perfect storm.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #449 on: 03 January 2012, 04:16:42 »
Given that Priori was such an important industrial hub for the Adders it was not very strongly defended. FM: U has only 2 clusters on planet (428th Sentinels and 822nd Gatekeeper). The 428th did not survive the WoR, but nowhere is mentioned where it was destroyed. Very likely that they stayed on Priori and got destroyed there during the revolt.

-----------------------

Due the dealings between exBurrocks and Dark Caste, it did not help either that the Adder Watch`s elements responsible for hunting down thoese bandits consisted almost exclusively of exBurrocks (see Covert Ops).
So we are coming back to the lax behavior of the upper Adder leadership.

IMHO, I believe Stanislov N`Buta knew what he did (his failure for properly dealing with exBurrocks and his responsibility due the escalation of the WoR (given his dealings with the Vipers before the start of the WoR)) and he knew that finally he should die by the hands of the Vipers, it was his personal sacrifice and surkairede, giving so the Adders a fresh new beginning.