Author Topic: Bat out of Hell: The New Blood Spirit Enclave  (Read 191806 times)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
Re: Bat out of Hell: The New Blood Spirit Enclave
« Reply #1230 on: 09 February 2013, 16:38:19 »
I'm actually working on something like this for my Merc company.  It makes better sense for spheroid units though.

Fluffing out clan characters gets tiresome... warrior A, Bloodhouse X, sibko 3 blah blah blah

Kind of why I don't usually do it. I generally use joke names for characters I create. No body ever like the CapCon mechwarrior named He Wen Thataway or his commander Kow Pie, even if they were awesome mechwarriors by the time the campaign was over.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1231 on: 09 February 2013, 17:02:55 »
Kind of why I don't usually do it. I generally use joke names for characters I create. No body ever like the CapCon mechwarrior named He Wen Thataway or his commander Kow Pie, even if they were awesome mechwarriors by the time the campaign was over.

I've fluffed out a couple unit commander types before and an entire Trinary of Stone Lions composed of warriors from 5 different clans and running an odd mix of mechs.  Hey, in 3095 the Lions could have just about anything... Fire Mandrill freeborn piloting a Rabid Coyote, why not???

To the patient go the spoils

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1232 on: 09 February 2013, 17:04:09 »
Fluffing them out isn't that problem, my love of tongue in cheek jokes is.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1233 on: 09 February 2013, 17:08:04 »
Fluffing them out isn't that problem, my love of tongue in cheek jokes is.

That's to be expected.  Even the writers do that... Hanibal Banacek the man with the great plan for the clans.  I almost immediately realized what was going on there.  Truly a pun of obscurity and great thought.

I'd hate to see the warrior names in your Adder opfor units.  %#!? and &#*$ seem appropriate. ;)

To the patient go the spoils

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1234 on: 09 February 2013, 17:22:21 »
Target#1, Target#2, Target#2-1/2. It goes on from there. I do use the Random Skill table honestly though.

I just use shaved dice that roll low when I roll up Star Adders is all.  ;)