Author Topic: Battle Armor of the Week - How To Kill Battle Armor  (Read 20047 times)

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
Re: Battle Armor of the Week - How To Kill Battle Armor
« Reply #30 on: 19 March 2012, 22:02:19 »
How would you calculate  BA vs. BA in h2h combat?
or Conventional Infantry vs BA in h2h combat?
I know the latter would be a rare event to the extreme, but there is RL examples of desperate combat of the type.

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 19 March 2012, 23:00:11 »
Do UMUs override the inability of larger suits to perfrom Leg Attacks?
Pretty sure this doesn't violate rule 11
If battle armor meets multiple
lines on this table based on its weight class, body type and
other features (such as the use of UMUs), the most restrictive
qualifications apply of all relevant classes, types and features.
From Tech Manual, pg.167, DETERMINING ANTI-’MECH AND MECHANIZED BATTLE ARMOR CAPABILITIES
However the rules are very biased towards land based combat, so if fighting was occurring underwater and a BA squad was in the same hex as a 'Mech but one level higher and wanted to perform a leg attack things get interesting, to reach the legs they would need to expend at least 1MP, and simply staying in place would mean using the punch hit location table so a swarm attack (or at least it's hit location) sounds like a better idea

sillybrit

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 19 March 2012, 23:56:02 »
That's a rule that doesn't make much sense. I don't have my rules with me now - a medium BA with 1/0 would be able to swarm, correct?

Agreed, and yes, a bipedal Medium suit with just 1 ground MP can Swarm (and do Leg Attacks), assuming that it has the appropriate manipulators.

Do UMUs override the inability of larger suits to perfrom Leg Attacks?

As SCC said, Heavies and Assaults can't do any Anti-'Mech attacks, no matter what secondary motive system that they may have.

How would you calculate  BA vs. BA in h2h combat?
or Conventional Infantry vs BA in h2h combat?
I know the latter would be a rare event to the extreme, but there is RL examples of desperate combat of the type.

Under Total War, Battle Armor can only conduct melee attacks on Battle Armor (and conventional infantry), if they have Vibro-Claws, in which case they do one point of damage per Claw. For example, a Point of Afreets would do 10 points.

Likewise, conventional infantry cannot inflict melee damage on Battle Armor.