Author Topic: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL)  (Read 328077 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL)
« Reply #810 on: 04 November 2014, 18:53:12 »
Tough little frigate, it will properly give Regulan's frigate and old classic Star League designs a run for it's money. Those AMS batteries will render missile salvos to small splash of tends on Unity's hull.  Good Work Dragon Cat and Cosair_SG!  I can't wait see this in action in your stories.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #811 on: 05 November 2014, 08:17:05 »
Magnificent updates as usual, the Kirishima is definately a fearsome energy boat and that all energy armament gives her a very long range to boot.  A quick question whats the state of the Bear's fleet as really the DCMS fleet seems basically being built up to fight them.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #812 on: 05 November 2014, 11:48:59 »
Magnificent updates as usual, the Kirishima is definately a fearsome energy boat and that all energy armament gives her a very long range to boot.  A quick question whats the state of the Bear's fleet as really the DCMS fleet seems basically being built up to fight them.

All the fleets are in the attached document however for those that can't see it

The Rasalhague Dominion currently has:
1 Leviathan II Battleship
1 Nightlord Battleship
4 Conqueror Battle-cruiser
1 Cameron Battle-cruiser currently disabled under repairs
2 York Carrier/Destroyer one of which is disabled
1 Volga Transport
1 Artemis Diplomatic vessel
1 Legacy Yardship

With 4 ships under construction
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #813 on: 06 November 2014, 20:27:43 »
Due to the events of this month if anyone would like an up to date map send me a PM.

Invasion
Clan Occupation Zones
Inner Sphere
1st March 3093

In an event mirroring the original Clan Invasion the Hell's Horses, Wolves and Ghost Bears are hit from behind by an enemy identifying themselves as The Serpents.  These forces refuse communication with the defending Clan forces instead they attack and kill everyone who strikes against them as more than a dozen worlds fall in a matter of days.

On March 9th Khan James Cobb dies in battle Oberon V fighting against forces positively identified as elements of Clan Star Adder.  The Star Adders overrun the Hell's Horses defences quickly eliminating two Clusters of ground troops and a Hell's Horses WarShip, the Red Talon, at the Nadir Point.

By March 14th “The Serpent Line” as it becomes known among the Clans has engulfed seven Rasalhague Dominion worlds, four Clan Wolf worlds, and ten Hell's Horses worlds as the Clans struggle to counter the attacks from beyond the periphery.  Included among the attacking forces are confirmed units of the Steel Vipers, Star Adders and Cloud Cobra Clans none of which are willing to communicate with the defending forces with these new invaders there is a report of civilians traveling with them.  As the Clans struggle new weapons see the first taste of battle as the Hell's Horse Clan rush the Baraq Fast Battle Armour into service.

Counter-attack
Oriente Protectorate
Former-Free Worlds League
14th March 3093

A counter-attack by the Oriente Protectorate against the invasion by the Principality of Regulus gets bogged down on the worlds of Avior and Emris IV invaders deeply dug in around critical positions across the planet.  Unable to make any headway the Oriente forces are forced to retreat back with the Protectorate's borders.

Trial of Annihilation
Freedom, Isle of Skye
Lyran Commonwealth
22nd March 3093

The Wolf Spider Keshik under the command of Clan Wolf (in-Exile)'s Wolf Spider Keshik had tracked down the Ghosts of the Abyss to an abandoned warehouse on the world of Freedom the JumpShip they had been traveling with had needed to refuel unable to find additional transport the unit had landed on Freedom staying away from local transport hubs.  The Wolf Spider had landed half a world away and were even now traveling only under the cover of darkness to ensure they were not detected by the rogue mercenary force.

“saKhan, this is wrong, we need to challenge them to an open battle Quiaff?”  One of her warriors complained.

“And their way of killing Phelan was right?”  Ranna snapped angrily “they deserve no honour.  We will kill them like the dogs they are.  If we find them asleep in there beds then we will slit their throats.”  She said she wanted revenge over everything even seeing the disgust in the warrior's face.

“This is not what we were bred for.”  Another said “we are Clan warriors we deserve the right to look our enemies in the eye before we kill them.”

“We will challenge them once we are in range” Ranna conceded “however we will not wait for their answer we will launch our attack regardless.”  She said determined

The hours of darkness ticked by quickly just before daybreak they entered weapons range of the warehouse beside it the mercenary's DropShip waited silent.  “This is saKhan Ranna Kerensky to the Ghosts of the Abyss you killed our Khan mercenary Dezgra.  You will now die.”  She said short and sweet she was just about to command her unit to open fire when she noticed the communication system was still active.

“Little wolf, we have watched you sneak around for days, this spying business is not for you.  Goodbye.”  The voice said as the DropShip's engines fired and began to lift the ship into the air moments later the Wolf position began to be bombarded by multiple artillery pieces hidden on an overlooking hill.  Ranna sat in her Timber Wolf OmniMech as the artillery shells landed all around the fire was inaccurate giving Ranna the time to watch the ascending DropShip.

'The Arc Royal will get them' she thought however as she switched to her direct link with the Coventry-class Corvette she heard several voices including the ship's commander.  “...Where the hell did that Aegis come from?  Have our DropShips screen us and keep away from that broadside it'll cut us to pieces.  What the hell have we gotten into!”  He shouted out the Ghosts of the Abyss had no known WarShip support with them previously its presence added an element to it that Ranna had not expected.

“saKhan, bombardment tracks!”  One of her warriors called out Ranna looked again to the sky expecting to see the weapons dropping down on her troopers but instead she saw streaks cutting across the sky heading for the planetary capital and primary spaceport.

“Son's of bitches!”  Ranna screamed into her microphone “listen to me Blakist scum I will hunt you to my last breath do you understand me end this here and now or you will be hunted to the ends of time!”

As if as a final insult to the Wolf saKhan the bombardment continued unabated against the area around Freedom's capital for nearly ten minutes before it suddenly ceased.  “saKhan Ranna Kerensky to Arc Royal, report your status and the status of the Ghosts.  Arc Royal respond.”  She commanded

“saKhan Kerensky, the Ghost's DropShip and their WarShip have begun to head for the jump point.  We attempted to engage and slow them the but they ignored us as if we did not matter.”  The ship's CO reported the Ghosts of the Abyss were toying with them “we have received minimal damage however the damage to Jefferson City appears to be extensive and we have not been able to contact your DropShip.”

“We will investigate” Ranna said “use your HPG to signal Arc Royal, Skye and Tharkad inform them of what we have encountered and that Freedom will need their help.”

“Aff, saKhan”

“We will secure transport and rejoin you.  We must follow them as soon as we are able, they must pay for this.”  She said determined switching to the Wolf Spider Keshik's frequency “we will do what we can to help the people of Freedom then we will hunt down the Ghosts of the Abyss and eliminate them by any necessary means.”  She said briefing her people unlike before there was no argument from any of her warriors.

SLIC Raid
Oliver, Star League Protectorate
28th March 3093

In the biggest operation ever undertaken by the Star League Intelligence Corps three Battalions of the Blackhearts Special Operations force supported by agents of the Star League Intelligence Corps and the local First Oliver Guard Regiment engage and destroy a Sixth of June terrorist cell.  The cell numbering nearly forty men and women had planned to launch a devastating attack on Oliver's government and communication buildings intent on throwing the entire world into chaos.  With the tactics and overwhelming firepower employed by the SLDF Special Forces several of the Terrorists are captured alive despite their attempts to activate suicide implants.  With the situation on Oliver in hand by the Blackhearts and local forces the SLIC take these captured terrorists off world for further interrogation.  According to highly placed sources within the SLIC the SLDF believe the Sixth of June's ranks have swelled in numbers since the formation of the Star League Protectorate and the fall of the Manei Domini.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #814 on: 12 November 2014, 14:59:44 »
Another update, if anyone is interested I've updated my map for the first and second waves of the Serpent attacks.  If anyone would like them send me a PM and I'll email them to you there not the tidiest but they show the picture.

Federated Suns Embassy
Filtvelt, Filtvelt Coalition
Periphery
3rd April 3093

Carrying only her travel bag and one additional work bag Major Duchess Jaylen Davion entered the Federated Suns Embassy to the Filtvelt Coalition for the first time followed by several members of the her DMI Protection detail.  Although she was not the Federated heir she was still a Davion and still important to the people of the Federated Suns and so she warranted a protection detail, one that was too small according to some, like her elder brother she preferred that they stayed out of her way.

The Federated Suns Embassy on Filtvelt was not the most grand however it had all the hallmarks of a traditional Federated Suns building with high ceilings, traditional tapestries and sets of armour decorating the walls.  Immediately she recognized the man approaching her Ambassador Ryan Masson “Ambassador” she said lowering her bag to the floor saluting.

“Welcome to Filtvelt Duchess Davion.”  He said smiling extending his hand “please I'm not military so you don't need to salute.”

“Thank you for the welcome Ambassador, sir, I prefer to be addressed by my military rank.”

“Of course” the Ambassador said “Miss Tate will show you to your quarters and help you get settled” he said indicating to one of his aides a young woman in her early twenties.

“Thank you, Ambassador, however once I am settled I will begin my investigation there is a murderer on the loose I don't plan to allow him to remain at large much longer.”  She said confidently picking her bags back up following Miss Tate she'd been sent to Filtvelt with specific orders and planned on making sure she was successful.

As Jaylen moved away she was replaced with a far larger built man “Ambassador I am Captain Conner McGarth,   head of the Major's security detail, we need to talk about your security arrangements.”  He said the Ambassador put on his best diplomatic smile before glancing towards where Jaylen had disappeared off to before looking back at the Captain wondering exactly what he was in for with his new visitors.

Counter-Attack/The Serpents Wave 2
Sigurd, Hell's Horse Occupation Zone
Periphery
11th April 3093

Following a successful counter-attack against The Serpents on Siguard saKhan Jake Kabrinski is named the new Khan of Clan Hell's Horses replacing the fallen James Cobb.  Across their Periphery border the Hell's Horses are fighting a losing battle as Manaringaine, Ferris, The Rock and Drask's Den all fall to The Serpents.  In the Chainelane Isles Ingvolstand comes under a sustained attack from a Serpents Cluster with Clan Sea Fox fighting them to a stalemate.

The Serpent's Wave 2
Clan Occupation Zones
Inner Sphere
14th April 3093

Despite Clan Hell's Horses success against The Serpents the new invading Clans continue to push on with their second wave of attacks landing forces on the Rasalhague Dominion world of Thule and the Draconis Combine world of Richmond marking the first time the Serpents had hit a Succession State world.  Deeper in the Clan Occupation Zone The Serpents Clans land on the Clan Wolf worlds of Unzmarket, Hohenems, Feltre and Mozirie finding them barely defended with armour and conventional infantry making up the majority of the resistance.

Embolden by these attacks a Serpent force consisting of roughly four clusters of ground troops and three damaged WarShips including the Perigrad Zalman, a Leviathan Prime-class Battleship, launch an attack on Rasalhague finding the Ghost Bears operational Dominion Terminal and the WarShip Rasalhague in system.   As the WarShips engage the Ghost Bear defenders the ground forces transports make a run for the planet.

The Rasalhague is able to destroy the Crazy Horse, a Dart-class Light Cruiser, and the King Viper, a Sovetskii Soyuz-class Heavy Cruiser, before being cornered by the Perigrad Zalman suffering extensive damage from the modified Leviathan-class Battleship's broadside attack.  Rolling to present fresh armour the Rasalhague saves itself from destruction momentarily as the Perigrad Zalman hits the Rasalhague for a second time ravaging the ship killing more than ninety percent of the crewmen on board the ship.  Leaving the battleship floating in space the Perigrad Zalman turns and engages the space station.  Already damaged the Leviathan Prime takes another beating as the Dominion Terminal's AR10 Capital Missile Launchers and Naval Lasers tear into the rear sections of the ship at long range damaging the propulsion systems the Perigrad Zalman's counter attack is far more devastating all but cutting the space station in half as it thunders past heading for Rasalhague.

Five days after their arrival in system the force consisting of Elements of Clan Star Adder's 191st Adder Guards, Sixty-first Air Assault Cluster and the Steel Vipers Second Viper Guards Cluster smash onto the planet avoiding the Ursine Boatman, a Volga-class Transport, in orbit.  On the ground The Serpents are met by the entire force of Clan Ghost Bear's Alpha and Delta Galaxies which had both been recalled to the planet following the first wave of the Serpents attacks.  The ten Rasalhague Dominion clusters tear the invaders to pieces in less than forty minutes costing the Bears almost all the warriors in the First Bear Guards Cluster but killing every member of The Serpents attack force leaving the planet to wait as the Perigrad Zalman closes on the planet.

On the Twenty-first April 3093 Khan Bjorn Jorgensson sends word to the closing Perigrad Zalman ordering their surrender and vowing to fight the vessel until every last Ghost Bear has fallen on the planet however the WarShip does not answer instead it continues to close on the planet with only the Ursine Boatman and several assault DropShips in orbit.  Two days later the ship arrives near Rasalhague as the Proteus, a Halcyon-class Cruiser, jumps in at a pirate point within the system the Sea Fox vessel from the Sea Fox trade world of Trondheim.  The vessel called in by the Ghost Bears jumps in close enough to engage the larger Leviathan Prime-class Battleship with its Heavy Naval Gauss Rifle and array of heavy naval autocannons these hard hitting weapons strike all across the Leviathan Prime's damaged hull.  This attack finds crew on-board the ship completely unprepared the Sea Fox vessel continues its assault as nearly two dozen Vanir type DropShips launch their attack on the massive vessel.  Hit from all sides the Perigrad Zalman dies a slow death near the Alshian shipyards the vessel's massive superstructure collapsing in on itself under the fire from the defenders finally exploding harmlessly away from the planet.

Declaration, Throne Room,
Imperial Palace, New Samarkand
Military District of Midway, Draconis Combine
17th April 3093

At a gathering of nearly one thousand in the packed throne room of the Draconis Combine Warlord Minoru Kurita stood in front of the assembled guests, who had been screened by the ISF there was not a single supporter of Vincent Kurita instead they all supported his position as Warlord, instead of sitting on the Coordinator's chair he stood quietly beside it.  Between the crowd his son marched towards the throne dressed in his full dress uniform stopping short.

“Hirohito Kurita, today by the power invested in me as Warlord of the Draconis Combine, I name you Gunji-no-Kanrei.”  He said making his son the military commander of the nation “you will lead our armies by example and you will eject The Serpents from our soil and ensure that no Clansmen or enemies of the Dragon ever bothers us.”  Minoru said he was getting to old to face down the enemies of the Combine alone Akira Kurita was only three years old and Emi, poor Emi, was still missing.

“Hai, your commands will be done” Hirohito replied saluting the Warlord before turning to leave marching back out of the throne room.  As he did the gathered crowd applauded politely supporting his appointment another step for Minoru's line to rule the Combine they all knew it the realm had changed.

Shipyard Construction
High Orbit, Gladius
Isle of Skye, Lyran Commonwealth
19th April 3093

Far from hostile borders the first stage of the Isle of Skye's shipyard was completed although far from being ready to construct new WarShips the facilities were air-tight allowing for the fitting out of the facilities.  As Duke Robert Ryan Kelswa-Steiner and his wife Duchess Hermonie Aten toured the facilities, the new pride of the Isle, the Lyran Commonwealth's newest WarShip the LCS Nondi Steiner, a Hyperion-class Heavy Cruiser, hovered watching its presence was for security however it was also a clear sign that the Isle of Skye was still part of the Lyran Commonwealth and under the rule of Tharkad.

Trial of Possession
Valasha, Raven Alliance
Periphery
20th April 3093

On the Raven Alliance/Federated Suns border Galaxy Commander Elson West breathed heavily his Elemental Battle Armour suit was damaged but operational today he had won a victory a small one but a reminder that he was around.  Today his units had defeated the local forces and captured a brand-new binary of Goshawk II BattleMechs not the largest of victories but a victory one of which that the Nova Cat's couldn't ignore.

Planetary Announcement
Star League Protectorate
22nd April 3093

It is announced that the populations of Hall, Tall Trees and Saiph have held referendum votes and chosen to leave the Federated Suns and to join the Star League Protectorate.  These worlds which have Protectorate systems all around them are allowed to leave Federated Suns control on the condition that the AFFS are allowed to remove their facilities and equipment from the planets or be repaid in full for the losses.  The Federated Suns also stipulate that any citizen who wishes to leave these worlds and return to the Federated Suns be allowed to and if they cannot afford the travel expenses that the Star League Protectorate foot the bill the Star League Advisory Council agree to all stipulations.

Over the coming months it emerges that nearly eight thousand people have chosen to leave the three worlds and that the Star League has paid for nearly half of them to travel.  It also emerges that the Star League Protectorate had been in talks with the worlds of Terra Firma, Capolla, Elgin and Helen however negotiations had not gotten beyond the leadership of each world.  Within the Federated Suns, especially in the Capellan March questions begin to rise on how many worlds the Federated Suns will allow to leave to join the Star League realm and should the Capellans come looking will the defend these worlds as strongly knowing that the Star League is waiting at the side.

Planetary Assault
McKenna, Oriente Protectorate
Former-Free Worlds League
28th April 3093

Leading the Regulan assault on McKenna in 3093 the WarShips RFS Titus Cameron-Jones, the RFS Regulus and the RFS Lester Cameron-Jones, all Agamemnon-class Heavy Cruisers, jumped into the system leading the JumpShips carrying the First Cameron-Jones Home Guard, the First and Second Regulan Hussar Regiments.  In the system they found the Oriente Protectorate had prepared for them with the WarShips Santorini, a Thera-class Carrier, and the Lancelot, a damaged Eagle-class Frigate, both supported by a dozen DropShips waiting in defence formation.

What followed was almost like an intricate game of chess the Santorini was able of flooding the system with aerospace fighters however the three Regulan Agamemnon-class vessels remained within close proximity of each other providing cover for each other as they closed on the Santorini.  Quickly it became clear to the Regulans that the Oriente crew on board the Thera were intent on avoiding direct conflict.  Using their ships and their combined firepower the three Agamemnon-class vessels slowly forced the Santorini and the Lancelot to move out of position allowing the ground forces to make their way towards the planetary surface.

With the Oriente Protectorate WarShips out of position the three elite Regulan ground force regiments stream onto the surface led by Prince Lester Cameron-Jones himself land on the planet rapidly overwhelming and taking apart the Third Oriente Fusiliers and the Fifth Halas Militia with the  Second Regulan Hussars similarly destroyed during the heavy fighting.  The Santorini and Lancelot remained in the system during the fighting on the ground however when it was clear that the fighting had turned towards the Regulan side the carrier and its escorts assisted in keeping open a cordon so some of the ground forces were able to evacuate however it was not enough to save everyone or turn the tide of the battle instead the Oriente survivors retreated to New Delos surrendering McKenna to the Regulans.

Quickly and quietly on the surface Prince Lester Cameron-Jones ensure that the Duke of McKenna had not survived the fighting having one of the captured Oriente BattleMechs destroyed within the royal residence.  Lester then broadcasts to the world that the Duke had been killed trying to broadcast McKenna's welcome to the newly arrived Principality of Regulus forces declaring his wife Saadia as the new Duchess.
« Last Edit: 12 November 2014, 17:18:36 by Dragon Cat »

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #815 on: 13 November 2014, 08:41:32 »
Woah blimey!  Invasion round II the Snake Boogaloo is under way.  Magnificent updates! 

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #816 on: 13 November 2014, 08:52:17 »
"Snakes? Why did it have to be snakes?"

"I have had it with these mellon farming snakes in this monky fighting invastion corridor!"
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #817 on: 13 November 2014, 09:22:49 »
Also just a thought, those rather vague commands about the clans...could that not also mean the bears?  If you look at it subjectively its one hell of a blank cheque.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #818 on: 13 November 2014, 10:03:30 »
Least the snakes aren't on a plane.  Their on dropships of course!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Ajax_Wolf

• Lieutenant
  • Krampus is the reason for the Christmas season.
« Reply #819 on: 13 November 2014, 17:05:23 »

Where's Samuel L Jackson when you need him?
Why does everyone "Fire at Will"? Is he really that bad of a person? And what did he do to make everyone want to shoot him?

If a group of necrophiliacs met a group of zombies, who would do the chasing?

Bacon is Life! Even vegaterians eat bacon.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #820 on: 13 November 2014, 20:01:34 »
Woah blimey!  Invasion round II the Snake Boogaloo is under way.  Magnificent updates!

Glad you liked it

"Snakes? Why did it have to be snakes?"

"I have had it with these mellon farming snakes in this monky fighting invastion corridor!"

Where's Samuel L Jackson when you need him?

Currently somewhere beyond the Inner Sphere far our in the Periphery - maybe on one of those abandoned RWR Outposts looking for his Shield.

Better than them being in your Mech...

Bonus time, my thanks to Corsair_SG for the help

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/aerospace/dire-wolf-heavy-cruiser/new/#new

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #821 on: 13 November 2014, 20:36:41 »
Been on hol so had time and inclination to write

Pirate Attack
Undredal, Filtvelt
Filtvelt Coalition, Periphery
3rd May 3093

Jaylen Davion's investigation into the murder within the Federated Suns Embassy had been going quite well she remarked until the pirates had arrived on the world.  The local defenders had done well against the raiders however two Mechs had broken through heading towards the city centre, two Mechs were nothing compared to the combined arms battalion that were bearing down on the city of Undredal.

Although Filtvelt was no longer a Federated Suns world Jaylen Davion still had a duty to protect the Embassy in the city.  As soon as she had heard of the pirate attack she had commandeered one of the four BattleMechs based at the Embassy a forty ton Cuirass.  Sitting in the cockpit she flexed the BattleMech's right arm which ended in a BattleMech sized sword.  She'd heard the Filtvelt communications and knew the raiders had broken through “Colonel LeBeau, I am aware you are busy however you have two BattleMechs heading directly for your government buildings.”

“Duchess, listen we will mop them up as soon as we break this attack.”

“I can interdict them before they reach their target” Jaylen stressed

“You are to stay within your bounds Duchess this is Filtvelt soil, Filtvelt's problem.”  LeBleau said cutting the communication link.

“Then you can take it up with my father” Jaylen whispered under her breath switching over to the Embassy's channel “Captain Temple this is Jaylen Davion you are to hold by our agreed line with Filtvelt.”  She said communicating with the commander of the Embassy guards riding in one of the other Mechs.

“Major, I don't understand we are within the lines agreed and would only leave them in defence of the Embassy.”  The Captain replied

“Exactly, Captain McGarth do the same” she said to her bodyguard commander fortunately they were unarmoured at the moment and wouldn't be following in a hurry.  Immediately after passing the orders she accelerated her BattleMech forward running it into the city on an intercept course with the the pirate raiders.

Crossing over street after street Jaylen cut in the BattleMechs powerful jump jets lifting it over the buildings of Undredal ahead she saw two BattleMechs tearing through the streets smashing through civilian vehicles cutting a path of destruction as they went.  “Pirate BattleMechs this is Major Jaylen Davion you are ordered to stand down immediately or I will use deadly force.”  She warned as her BattleMech landed in the streets she didn't stop instead continuing to run her Mech at full speed towards the pirates.  As she approached she watched she watched as one of the Mechs one of the Mechs a Centurion opened fire on the street with one of its rocket launchers tearing up the street and a building causing destruction.

“Too late” she said flicking the safety off her Mech's autocannon selecting single fire she pulled the trigger hitting she sent an explosive round straight into the side of the Centurion smashing armour plate it crumbled away from the side of the Mech.  Grinning with satisfaction she increased the rate of fire to three shots and pulled the trigger again two shots slammed into the BattleMech while a third tore up the ground near the Mech.  The Centurion turned fully towards her she could see that the damage from her autocannon had savaged the Mech's right side destroying the side of the Mech and the autocannon there.  Taking a shot with her laser she burned away more of the Mech's protective armour.  Just then the second BattleMech walked into view it looked like a Hellspawn but it had been extensively modified twisting her Mech's torso Jaylen opened fire with her Mech's autocannon hitting the Hellspawn with four solid shots a fifth went wide smashing into a parked civilian vehicle destroying it as well.  “Oops” she said dodging her Mech to the left she turned back towards the Centurion only to be hit by four flights of rockets from the Centurion which exploded all over her Mech and the area around her.  “You only get one shot like that” she whispered charging the damaged Mech spinning the right arm as she went finally swinging the weapon up and then down into the Centurion smashing through the Mech's Roman centurion shaped helmet.  The sword cut deep into the BattleMech killing the pilot destroying the Mech Jaylen felt her mech be slammed by a pair of laser blasts as she tried to pull the sword from the ruined Centurion however the weapon would not budge instead she flicked the release leaving the weapon embedded in the remains of the Mech.  “You and me left” she said feeling her Mech being burned as several more laser blasts slammed into the Mech an alarm activated as the Cuirass' armour was breached by one of the blasts.  “Now, now” she whispered blasting back at the forty-five ton enemy Mech with her laser which opened a hole in the already damaged armour.  More laser fire burned over the Cuirass causing more breaches triggering her autocannon again flicking the rate of fire to maximum.  Five shots exited the Rotary Autocannon two slamming into Hellspawn one hitting the ground while the others flew into the air uncontrolled Jaylen prayed that the shots didn't land on anyone or anything critical.  The Hellspawn fired again with its lasers this time more wildly with only one striking Jaylen's Mech she guessed the pirate pilot was struggling with the heat produced by its lasers.  She saw a wave of coolant rush over the Mech as its specialized pods activated immediately knowing that it would be ready to fire again within a few moments she decided to act launching her Mech into the air on its jump jets she fired her laser as quickly as it would cycle burning into the Hellspawn it wasn't enough but she hoped it would distract the pilot as her Cuirass landed she triggered her autocannon which was still on its highest rate of fire four shots left the cannon before the fifth jammed it.  “No” she whispered reaching to release the weapon as her shots cut into the Hellspawn two struck the Mech's upper torso while the others struck the arm and leg nothing critical, or at least she thought not, suddenly an explosion ripped through the upper left side of the Mech severing the arm with a massive explosion causing extensive torso damage.  “Pesky coolant pods” Jaylen said laughing as the Hellspawn collapsed backwards onto its back not moving the pilot incapacitated as Jaylen stepped onto the Mech with one foot holding it down.

Several minutes later Jaylen realized that the Hellspawn wasn't getting back-up activated her communication's systems “Captain Temple inform Colonel LeBeau that the raiders have been stopped in the city.  He might want to send medical teams at least one of the pilots are down and there's extensive damage around here.”  She said but within a couple of moments she realized that her communications were not going out instead she noticed several signatures approaching all around her moving back down to the autocannon she tried to clear it again moments later realizing that the jammed round was gone but it was too later all four signatures were virtually on top of her.  Glancing at her external screens she noticed the Mechs wore the insignia of the First Filtvelt Guards Regiment, friendlies or at least she hoped so, within moments they had all aimed their weapons at her Mech “I surrender” she whispered she couldn't fight all three of them, she'd wanted to help them.

Eight days later Jaylen Davion was released from Filtvelt Armed Forces lock-up allowed to return to the Federated Suns Embassy and not to step on Filtvelt sovereign soil unless she was leaving Filtvelt forever.  As payment for the “damage” she did Filtvelt also seized her Cuirass BattleMech.  Within the Embassy Ambassador Ryan Masson allowed Jaylen to continue her investigation but left a permanent note in her AFFS file she also knew her father would likely wish to have words with her when she returned home.

Nagasawa (Dire Wolf-class Heavy Cruiser)
Ingolvstand, Chainelane Isles
Periphery
9th May 3093

While elements of the Snapping Jaws Khanate of Clan Sea Fox engaged forces identified as part of Clan Cloud Cobra's  Tongo Cloister the Nagasawa engaged an ancient Samarkand II-class Carrier near the moon of Hermes.  The bigger Nagasawa had remained at range to begin with cutting down the ship's aerospace fighters before closing delivering several pinpoint capital missile and laser strikes robbing the ship of its main engines.  With the craft unable to leave the Nagasawa had pulled back deploying Elemental Marines all across the ship for six hours the Sea Fox Elementals had fought against the crew deck by deck.  Surprisingly the crew, although ready to fight  to the death, were unwilling to destroy the vessel to take out the Sea Fox troops moving through the ship.  Finally the final resistance was put down by the Sea Fox Elementals capturing the ship, what was left of it, the Snapping Jaws had a new WarShip but one that would needs months to be repaired.

The fighting on the ground had gone far better for the Sea Foxes the Twenty-first Strike and Twenty-eighth Carrier Clusters had overrun the badly maintained Serpent forces within hours of landing on the planet.  Several survivors were taken as prisoners by the Sea Fox Clan but OvKhan Brad Hammond stated that they would not made as bondsmen to the Khanate or the Clan.

Expansion
Nova Cat's Den
Periphery
21st May 3093

Nova Cat scout teams land on the abandoned periphery colony worlds of Bartrock and Valois which sat on the border of the Filtvelt Coalition.  On both planets the Nova Cats find failed colonies with long abandoned settlements on both worlds there is very little physical damage to either world indicating that they were abandoned due to the lack of support or the lack of enough growth to make them sustainable.

Unlike the previous colonists the new colonies have the full support of Clan Nova Cat with a cluster assigned to the defence of each and Nova Cat naval assets bringing in a continuous stream of supplies.  On both worlds the Nova Cats begin searching for natural resources that could be useful for the Clans.

Weapons Demonstration Test
Chateau, Hell's Horse Occupation Zone
Inner Sphere
23rd May 3093

Tammy Del Villar was angry she had agreed to Jake Kabrinski's request for her to replace him as saKhan of Clan Hell's Horses with the thought that she would be leading her Clan into combat.  Instead her Hell's Stormtroopers, Theta Galaxy, were fighting against The Serpents on St John and Alleghe without her instead she sat here on Chateau preparing to watch another weapons test.

Time ticked by before one of the scientists approached her “saKhan, we are ready.”  The scientist said pushing his spectacles back up his nose as he sat down.  The man was as stereotypical as any scientist that Tammy had ever met but from what she had heard he was very capable.  Moments later she heard the approach of a vehicle an Enyo XR Tank, a test-bed vehicle the Horses had abandoned, Tammy looked over at the scientist questioning the the vehicles appearance.  “We did not want to abandon a vehicle that has perhaps some life left in it.”  He explained “we have stripped the vehicle of all previous weapons and equipment.”  Before she could reply another vehicle moved into position, this one a Chalchiuhtotolin Support Tank.

“A Jade Falcon vehicle?  Would one of our own designs not done the job just as well?”  She asked she had nothing against the vehicle, well nothing except for the name, she would have preferred to see it on the front lines or as a burning wreck.

“Neg saKhan, this vehicle fits the necessary requirements for this test, it saved us having to waste resources on modifying another vehicle or to take another vehicle out of service.”  The scientist explained on the testing grounds the Chalchiuhtotolin crew had not waited for the saKhan's discussion to be complete instead it opened fire with its paired short range missile launchers.  The missiles flew through the air exploding on the ground near the Enyo.  The Enyo then accelerated through the flames stopping in between the flames.

“WHAT IS THAT IDIOT DOING!” saKhan Tammy Del Vallar screamed raising to her feet “I can suffer the loss of a scientists helper but to waste a vehicle!”  She said angrily fire was lethal to a vehicle in the Hell's Horses Clan it was their greatest enemy.  She stared at the scientist who looked completely calm.  Glancing back at the Enyo Tammy Del Vallar expected to see an explosion or at the least the crew running from the craft however instead there was several puffs of smoke around the vehicle and it looked like much of the flames had gone out, not only that as the Enyo drove forward the saKhan noticed that the vehicle wasn't damaged in the slightest.  “How is that possible?”

“Flame resistant armour much like what is used on our Salamander Battle Armour suits protected the vehicle” the scientist explained “while Mech sized fire extinguishers doused the flames.”

“Mech sized fire extinguishers?”  the saKhan asked as the Enyo pulled alongside the other vehicle.

“Each weigh two tons and draw CO2 from the air around the vehicle or BattleMech.” The scientist explained “useless in a hostile environment or if there is no atmosphere however very effective in an atmosphere like this.”  He explained as the second part of the test began with the Chalchiutotolin directly opening fire on the Enyo with its turret mounted flamethrower which burned over the side of the Enyo doing no damage.

“Amazing” Tammy Del Vallar said quietly looking as the Enyo drove off showing little to no damage from its ordeal.  “And we can deploy this defence on our vehicle designs?”

“Aff saKhan, current wheeled and hover vehicles may struggle due to their exposed engine housings however any of our current tracked vehicles we should be able to modify without an issue.  This defence will not work with all vehicles and it would not be the ideal defence for every situation but it is perhaps a useful step.”  The scientist explained “the extinguishers will work on any of our current or future designs.”  The scientist said bringing a broader smile to the saKhan's face.

The Serpents Wave 3
Clan Occupation Zones
Inner Sphere
25th May 3093

The Serpents assaults continue striking at eight further worlds inside the Occupation Zone there is almost a desperation by from The Serpents assaults pushing deeper into the Occupation Zones.  Unlike previous attacks The Serpents find a near instant reaction from the Wolves, Jade Falcons and Rasalhague Dominion.  The Rasalhague Dominion pushes onto the worlds of New Bergan and Hermagor liberating them both the Rasalhague Dominion troops find exhausted barely ready warriors on Hermagor while the former Star Adder warriors on New Bergan fight to the bitter end.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #823 on: 14 November 2014, 04:15:06 »
This sense of despiration and the fact they are bringing civilians with them...i'm going to assume that basically the Homeworlds from the sounds of it have become uninhabitable due to Society/total war and they've come back as they have no where else to go.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #824 on: 14 November 2014, 13:04:10 »
Or the Society won.

James Tanaga

• Sergeant
« Reply #825 on: 14 November 2014, 15:31:46 »
Yeah. I am getting the feeling the Serpents lost the Homeworlds as well. A bit surprised the Star Adders, with their pragmatism, would not be engaging in talks with the other clans.

Wondering myself if the Serpent clans will make peace since their invasion has stalled. Unless Brett Andrews the crazy ilKhan is still in charge of things. Shivers.

James Tanaga

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #826 on: 19 November 2014, 00:58:40 »
If Brett Andrews is still IlKhan than that explains why the Serpents are fleeing the homeworlds.

They lost and these desperate few are the disorganized survivors trying to make something of a crappy situation.

Of course, I could be mistaken...

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing the Society win out. Will make things interesting in the future for the Sphere.... }:)
Made by HikageMaru

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #827 on: 19 November 2014, 02:14:31 »
I'm really starting to think the Society has won, the hint was in the fact that the Peregard Zellman was damaged BEFORE any fighting began, she wasn't fully repaired. What kind of military force goes into action with an already damaged warship.  It just lends credence to the possible fact that they ARE on the run.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #828 on: 19 November 2014, 03:49:09 »
You guys don't know how tempting it was to let you stew for a couple more days on this one but I want to tell the story and I'm really glad that you've enjoyed it enough to start spinning off some ideas and create some discussion. O0  Please feel free to continue.  If you have questions please ask or if you don't fancy it on the public forum in a PM I'll answer the best I can without spoiling future updates.

This update will answer some of your questions it will possibly also add some more which is fine.  All I will completely say is that I'm not done with the Homeworlds yet.

Side note part of this update was written (the Fire Mandrill/Rim Collection part) was written by James Tanaga I'm really lucky to have the help in developing this part of the universe all I've done is refine it a little in places the rest is all his work.  But before you question this comment:

Yeah. I am getting the feeling the Serpents lost the Homeworlds as well. A bit surprised the Star Adders, with their pragmatism, would not be engaging in talks with the other clans.

Wondering myself if the Serpent clans will make peace since their invasion has stalled. Unless Brett Andrews the crazy ilKhan is still in charge of things. Shivers.

James Tanaga

He knows nothing beyond the Rim Collection borders and the trouble brewing in the Periphery around them so there's no chain yanking there just someone else speculating like you guys.

« Last Edit: 19 November 2014, 04:03:07 by Dragon Cat »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #829 on: 19 November 2014, 03:53:47 »
Now to the update - one minor note before you read it.  The Virgin Interstellar storyline was written in a long time ago.  Following the recent tragedy that has befallen their space project I was tempted to write it out completely however I've decided to keep it in.  I hope that this does not offend anyone and if it does please PM me and I will remove it.  My thoughts are to the families effected and hopefully it doesn't derail the space projects of today.

DC

Iron Wombs
Hamarr, Sudeten
Jade Falcon Occupation Zone
1st June 3093

The fire Clan Jade Falcon Elstars are born from the Iron Womb creches on Sudeten.  These warriors bred to be better than any other that had been born into Clan society before now.  Designed to be able to fight as any type of warrior this creche is to be trained apart from others under stringent Clan-law.  To conceive the warriors the Clan scientists used previously reaved blood houses mixed together to create diversity while regular Clan Bloodname Houses are used as the maternal lines.

Virgin Interstellar Press Release
Terra, Star League Protectorate
5th June 3093

In a press release from their offices on Terra Virgin Interstellar announce that they have lost all contact with the Starliner Two the company's ambitious project to send a WarShip into the Deep Periphery on a “Generation Ship” type meeting without support from the Inner Sphere or faster than light travel.  With Starliner One disappearing in 3091 this second disappearance bankrupts Virgin Interstellar with a multitude of law-suits by the end of 3093 the company's assets have all been seized by the Star League and various courts.

Terrorist Attack
Wiedergeburt, New Earth
Star League Protectorate
6th June 3093

Less than thirty seconds after taking off a Rose-class Cargo DropShip explodes showering the Wiedergeburt Spaceport with debris killing one hundred-and-forty-two civilians and closing the New Earth primary Spaceport for two weeks.  As a Sixth of June terrorist cell attempt to take credit for the attack an SLIC strike team move in and eliminate all fourteen members of the cell.

When questioned by the Interstellar News Network Interviewers on how the SLIC strike team were able to strike down the team so efficiently the SLIC infer that they had been tracking the cell for sometime bringing the wrath of the media down on the SLIC and the SLDF as public anger turns against their would be defenders.  Although no rioters take to the street additional security forces are deployed on New Earth to monitor the situation.

Clan Council
Tukayyid, Clan Space
Inner Sphere
13th June 3093

The Khans of eight Clans of the Clan Council took their places around the large nine-sided table as Loremaster of the Clans Chin Cooper rose to his feet “Khans, we face a threat from beyond the Periphery from the units that previously belonged to Clans Star Adder, Cloud Cobra and Steel Viper.  They have named themselves The Serpents and refused all communications with our Clans.  Khan Bjorn Jorgensson, you called for this Council the floor is yours.”  He said taking his chair as the Ghost Bear rose to his feet the large warrior looked around his fellow Clans.

“Five of us have been struck by these Serpents” the Ghost Bear of the Rasalhague Dominion “I propose we bring them to heel and force them to speak with us.”

“As ComStar did to us?”  Bryan Pryde asked “why should we?  We are all Clans even if they have fallen from the honour of holding a trial then why should we even talk with them?  They are worse than the barbarians of the Inner Sphere” the Khan of the Jade Falcons said “dezgra” he muttered finally under his breath.

“You wish total war Falcon?”  Jake Kabrinski challenged “perhaps when more of your warriors are engaged we will see how you go on?”

“Afraid Horse?”  Bryan taunted “my Falcons are worth twenty of these snakes.”

“Would that be because of your experiments in the iron wombs?” Canin Rosse asked surprisingly there was little jest in the Nova Cat's voice.

“True warrior spirit doesn't need experimentation, Cat, true warriors are the pinnacle of our years of breeding” Nathan Fetladral said proudly “however I do agree with Bryan Pryde our warriors and our technology are superior to The Serpents we do not need to talk.”

“Perhaps our efforts to end Ulric Kerensky's legacy was a success Quiaff?” Bryan Pryde jested

“The Blood of Kerensky will always run through our Clan.  And we will always match you Falcon.”  Nathan Fetladral shot back

“Act like a pair of Khans!” Sterling McKenna snapped “this is about lives and honour.  Are these people worth our honour and how many lives are we willing to spend?”

“All of Clan Hell's Horses will fight these Serpents to the end theirs or ours.”  Jake Kabrinski said he was a Ghost Bear by birth but now he was fully a Hell's Horses warrior.

“As will the Sea Fox Clan” Hanna Coston said “if they return to the Chainelane Isles we will eradicate them.”

“Should they attempt to land on Basiliano or any of our other worlds then they will regret it.”  Nathan Fetladral said

“We stand with Clan Wolf in our Occupation Zone.”  Carl Heller said speaking for Clan Coyote.

“The Wolf and its pet agree I am shocked” Bryan Pryde said sarcastically “we will force them from Apollo and any other world that is within our grasp.”

“Clans Nova Cat and Snow Raven will support you in your actions.”  Canin Rosse said glancing at Sterling McKenna who nodded her agreement neither of their Clans had been effected by The Serpents Invasion.

“Must be the Goliath Scorpion blood you took in making you think we care what you do in the Periphery.  This is a fight for the Inner Sphere Occupation Zone somewhere neither of your Clans reached just stay out of our way.”  Brian Pryde said angrily looking at the two older Khans the Nova Cats and Snow Ravens were based far from the Occupation Zone even if a splinter faction of The Serpents reached them both Clans had overwhelming firepower in their territory and had fewer threats around them than the other Clans.  “I assume we are done here?”  He said looking at Loremaster Chin Cooper.

“An agreement has been made by this Council a united front between the Clans of this Council will face and destroy The Serpents.”  He said glancing around all eight of them “Seyla” they all repeated in unison.  This was not a council of war but it certainly did have some uses with Tukayyid as a neutral meeting ground each Khan could argue with the others without wasting troops and equipment in meaningless Trials of Possession.  Unlike the old Grand Council in the Homeworlds each Clan had enough resources in their territories that could last them forever without taking another world there was less desperation now, more strategy and influence to wield.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #830 on: 19 November 2014, 03:56:05 »
James Tanaga's bit my thanks for the continued input

President's House
Gillfillan’s Gold, Rim Collection
Periphery
15th June 3093

Jerry Able sat in his study watching the newsvid from Arcturus. Earlier, the trial of Cantrelle Sherris, the former Duchess of Timbuktu, had begun. At the moment, a retired political general was explaining to the newscaster how the Collection, a relatively peaceful nation, had taken four Lyran worlds without a reply from the Lyran Commonwealth.

“I doubt we’ll be able to pull off that stunt again for a while papa,” came from his daughter Karen, the commander of the First Rim Lancers CCT who herself sat on the sofa next to him.

“I agree,” added his son Frank, ostensibly on leave from the Second Rim Lancers. “Next time we go to war or even decide to just take a border world, the Lyrans’ll ensure we actually have control over the world rather than assuming so. They won’t buy us cutting off their worlds again and they'll strike back with twice as much firepower as we can bring to bare.”  And Jerry well knew the truth in that. While the Rim Collection’s strategy of capturing the HPGs and cutting off communication and then laying siege to the worlds with Titan DropShips at their Lagrange points, capturing any JumpShips that jumped into the system worked remarkably well, it also meant the Lyrans would not fall into that trap again, at least for a long while.

“That is presuming we do have another war with the Lyrans, lil brother,” noted Karen.

“No Karen. Frank is right. We need to be ready for any eventuality. Especially with those Spirits to our Galactic North,” Jerry corrected his daughter. “And that is why I asked the two of here to come here.”

“And what’s that? Dad,” asked Frank.

Picking up the three folders from the coffee table, he handed one to both of his children in the room, keeping one for himself. As the other two skimmed through the first couple of pages, he continued. “It is of vital importance we reform the Rim Collection economically, military, and politically if the Rim Collection is to survive with threats on every border.”

Karen, ever the dutiful one, nodded to him, yet it was Frank who spoke after both had skimmed through the proposal. “Dad, you sure we need all this nonsense right now? Putting these kinds of reforms will create chaos and disorder at a time when we need the opposite.” Having finished, Frank guzzled more beer from the bottle he had nursed for the last hour.

Jerry decided not to answer Frank for the moment. Instead he waited until Karen finished going through with her preliminary skimming. “It’s certainly ambitious, papa. I see the need why we need to reform the Rim Collection politically, what with more and more worlds screaming at us to allow them to join the Collection while the President’s Council refuses to discuss further membership to keep power for themselves-“. She was cut off by Frank.

“It’s not just that Karen. Militarily, we cannot protect any more planets. You know it. I know it. And the President’s Council knows it.”

“Then why did we allow two more planets on our border with the Lyrans membership only days after the Six Week War ended,” Karen rebutted her younger brother. Jerry knew where this conversation was heading and he wasn’t about to let it go there. He heard it enough in council meetings in the last month to not need it here between his children.

He interrupted them. “We are not here to argue about this. Rather, you two are here to sound out on my ideas before I present them to the council.” Seeing them calm themselves down, he waves his hand to Frank. “Frank already told me his opinion on the matter Karen. Now I need yours.”

Biting her bottom lip softly, Karen leafed through the reforms before deciding to focus on the ones she believed the Rim Collection needed the most. “Reforming the military to include additional ranks is a sure way to earn ire from our clanners, papa. That said, it should be easily doable and is an obvious answer to our need of centering our military leadership.”

“Easily doable until our pet clanners-,“ Jerry interrupted his son Frank then.

“They are not our pets Frank,” Jerry corrected him sternly, glaring at his son.

“Alright. Easily doable until our friendly, neighborly clanners,” Frank continued undeterred, “decide hell with us. Need I remind you what that clanner woman did to the duchess?”

“She left her alive. Beaten so severely she needed immediate medical aid to survive, yes, lil brother. But she honored our agreement,” reminded Karen. “So long as we sick to the agreement with them, they’ll stick with us.”

Jerry concluded the same. “Getting back to the matter at hand, any suggestions on how to handle our friendly clanners, as you put them, Frank?”

Frank paused to answer his father, obvious in thought. Just as Jerry thought his son wouldn’t answer him, he did. “Maybe make the ranks follow the clan-style leaning we already are is my suggestion father.”

“I agree papa,” added Karen.

Nodding to both, he had also concluded the same thing earlier when he wrote the proposal. Only reason he didn’t include the idea into the proposal was to see if either of his two closest children would think of it. He was glad both saw the need for it. “Very well. I will amend the proposal to the military reforms to make the new ranking and command systems sound more clan-like. Any problems with the command system I am trying to establish, by the way?”

Both of his children leafed through their folders until they could study what he had in mind more clearly. “It would depend much on getting your political reforms through papa, but makes sense to use your proposed political districts for the military as well.”

“Only thing I see that is slightly distressing is that the separate brigades seem to follow the Davion and Steiner models a bit too closely for our clanners, dad,” added Frank. Brigades need to be changed to match the clan-styled system as well. Probably just rename the brigades to galaxies will be enough for the clanners to buy into the reforms.”

Interesting, Jerry thought to himself, for he did not think about that to be honest. Still, it made complete sense. “What you think, Karen?”

Karen openly grimaced. “I would worry if I was the Lyrans if their so-called intelligence report that started the war actually had some grain of truth with us leaning more and more into clan teachings. Still, they should know the clanners make up for most of our front-line forces and we have to accommodate the Children of Kerensky. That said I rather not follow clan language laws, thank you very much.”

“Ditto sis,” Frank added, grimacing as well.

“Don’t look at me, you two. Clan law can stay exactly where it stays now, as far as I’m concerned. And that is within all-clan units and the clan enclaves,” Jerry spoke seriously. After a few moments to gather themselves,    Jerry continued the conversation. “What about the political and economic reforms?”

“The President’s Council will want to protect themselves and keep what power they already have,” Karen supplied. Cutting Frank off before he could speak, she added, “Of course and keep our military from being too stretched until we can afford to protect the proposed larger Collection.”

“If we dedicate the districts to being about military control, they could buy into it,” added Frank a moment later. “Especially if we somehow keep our present members in some kind of control as well. Perhaps keep them on a ‘special’ advisory board and have your proposed Congress be more of a legislative power, akin to the Marik states perhaps?”

“Makes sense papa. Allows the primary members to remain important while allowing the new members their say, though you might want to let each district also have membership on this special advisory board as well, papa.”

For another two hours, the three spoke animatedly with each other on these reforms in detail. The adding of Galaxy Martial to command the former brigades turned galaxies and Star Major to command the former battalions turned supernovas. The Fire Mandrill clan-only units would be kept in their own galaxy as well, just as the Rim Guards and Rim Lancers were to be kept in their own galaxies.

On the political reforms, the three had turned the districts into much more then what Jerry had originally planned. Economically, they had all agreed to continue with what was already underway for the underdeveloped members, and push Clan Fire Mandrill into opening its eugenics program to the Rim Collection. That would be an extremely touchy issue, the three all knew and so decided to merely suggest it for now and not actually push the friendly Clan. They also agreed Clan Fire Mandrill enclaves contributed as another district.

Economically, all three could only agree to continue putting resources into Able’s Glory and to sharing some of the wealth back to the other members. Frank suggested getting a Marik or Lyran shipbuilding company to invest into the Rim Collection, while Karen wanted to use the large Fire Mandrill JumpShip fleet in a manner reminiscent of Clan Sea Fox trade fleets. That was mute until the clan agreed to the suggestion, but Jerry decided to include it into the proposal, again merely asking the powerful Collection member.

As his two eldest children were leaving, he had Karen stay after. Closing the door, he walked to his desk, taking out a newspaper dated a month before and set it on his desk. “Explain,” he informed his daughter as he relaxed into his chair. He didn’t have a need to explain why to her, for the cover page explained it all in bold words, calling for House Able to lead the Rim Collection back to the glory days of the Rim World Republics.
A moment’s silence passed between the two as Karen visibly thought of how to answer her own father. “I thought the other houses and nations would take us more seriously if the Rim Collection was led by one family, father.”

“I expect this from Frank, Karen. Not from you,” he admonished his daughter.

“I stand by the article sir,” Karen answered back, straightening into a parade stance he had long identified as a defensive reaction to him.

“Very well Karen. Just know this move by you is not what I want, but I won’t stop you and remember not all those Rim Worlds out there are unoccupied.  Your ambitions could bring a devastating war on this nation, and it will be all down to you,” he finally answered warning her. By his answer they both knew what he meant. He wouldn’t fight her view with the rest of their family, nor would he stop her from pushing it in council, but he wouldn’t help her with it either. “Dismissed Galaxy Commander.”

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #831 on: 19 November 2014, 03:57:37 »
Command Deck, LCS Archon's Pide (Alliance-class Cruiser)
Alarion, Alarion Province
Lyran Commonwealth
20th June 3093

The senior officers and crew of the LCS Archon's Pride stood in a circle around the command deck in the middle of the crew stood Archon Peter Steiner-Davion leader of the Lyran Commonwealth.  Beside the Archon stood Admiral Urs Burgdorf, the ship's commander, and Leutenant-Kommodore Jessica Steiner, his daughter and the ship XO, “Ladies and Gentlemen, today you lose one commander” the Archon said quietly glancing at Urs Burgdorf “your Admiral has chosen to do what many who serve our nation have been unable to and retire.  You are and those like you across our Commonwealth are the ones who ensure that people can make that choice when their service comes to an end.”  He said “and I thank you for that.  Our nation has many threats and this ship may be called to defend it to do that it will need a new commander.”  Around the room eyes turned towards Duchess Jessica Steiner “today Jessica Steiner is promoted to the rank of full Kommodore and your new commander.”  The Archon said bringing a small smile from the Duchess “I know you will serve her as you did Admiral Burgdorf and make our nation proud.  Atten-sion!”  He called out and everyone saluted their new commander.

Star Adder attack
Kowloon, Incaras Theatre
Coventry Province, Lyran Commonwealth
26th June 3093

On the world of Kowloon four damaged DropShips two Overlord Cs and 2 Sassanids land.  On board one of DropShips was the former saKhan of Clan Star Adder Dante Truscott the most senior survivor of the Star Adder Clan.  He hated the position that his once proud Clan was in the Society had destroyed them as badly as they had the remaining Fire Mandrills, and abandoned Ice Hellion survivors and the reborn Burrocks, who ilKhan Brett Andrews had finally accepted as a Clan to keep the Society happy.  Day after day they had “Seconded” more troops to their “Special” projects or released their newest “population control method” in an attempt to create the best warriors and the most obedient civilian caste.  For the most part the remaining Clans had been able to remain as viable entities giving the Society what they needed but remaining independent of them the final straw had been the assassination of Khan Hannibal Banacek.  Ignoring the ilKhans calls for calm the Star Adders, mad with rage, assaulted the Society on a dozen of the already ravaged Homeworlds.

The resulting fighting caused severe hundreds of thousands of deaths among the civilian population as the remaining “free” Steel Vipers and Cloud Cobras joined the Star Adders in their fight against the Society.  As the Clans continued to burn warriors and lose equipment the Society seemed to have an unending legion of warriors to call on.  After three months of heavy fighting the remaining Clans had to admit that they could not defeat the Society and decided that an en-masse evacuation of their territory was needed to ensure their survival.

Fighting against various Society attacks the three Clans evacuated the Homeworlds joining together in deep space with as many civilians and resources as the three Clans had been able to evacuate.  Together in the darkness they had formed The Serpents which ilKhan Brett Andrews would take direct control over some had called for them to head off into deep space form a new  Homeworlds, others had wanted to conquer one of the known deep space societies the Nueva Castile or the Hanseatic League however both were dismissed as being too close to the Society.  Others had called for the destruction of those who had created and abandoned them to the Society the other Clans.

Anger of the remaining warrior caste had driven The Serpents to attack the Inner Sphere Clans anger and desperation but now even that was failing the ilKhan and his great flagship were gone.  The Clans were turning the tide on the Serpents just as the Inner Sphere had turned the tables on the invading Clans annihilating the Smoke Jaguars, driving the Star Adders from the Inner Sphere and forcing the Clans to give up a joint invasion.  Dante Truscott knew that The Serpents would fail so he and some of his closest warriors had carefully moved resources and like minded warriors into the same units after  successfully leading The Serpents' attack on The Rock they had jumped away claiming to be moving to the next target instead meeting with the Star Adder damaged WarShip Elysium, a Whirlwind-class Destroyer, and the four civilian carrying JumpShips with it.

The six jump capable ships had jumped away from The Serpents and would not be returning.  Landing on Kowloon the two Supernova Trinaries culled from about six different former-Clan Star Adder and Cloud Cobra units attacked several supply warehouses around Karolina Wydra
 the planet looting food, water, clothing, spare parts anything that they could use.  The local militia fought valiantly however they could not break the attackers line instead the Star Adder force remained in position until all the supplies had been loaded then they abandoned the planet and the system before the Lyran Commonwealth could respond disappearing into the Periphery.

Family Wing, Davion Royal Palace
Avalon City, New Avalon
Crucis March, Federated Suns
28th June 3093

Major Jaylen Davion walked into the family wing of the Davion Royal Palace dropping her travel bag into her room before walking into the main family.  Her father was sat in the room on his favourite chair according to him it had been her grand-father Hanse Davion's favourite chair as well.  He was glancing up over some reports as she entered and sat down then looked back down “welcome home, Major” he said quietly not looking at her.

“Thank you, sire” she said she said using his position as he had used her rank.

“A successful trip to Filtvelt?”

“I got my suspect if that's what you mean?  And a confession?”

“Anything else of note?”  He asked glancing over a small smile playing on his lips “perhaps you borrowed a Mech, violated international law, caused a diplomatic incident and cost the AFFS a brand-new BattleMech, oh and got yourself banned from ever visiting Filtvelt again?”  He said running off the charges.

“Possibly some of that” Jaylen said “however I did what I believed was right in my investigation and in the defence of Filtvelt!”  She snapped “and I would do it again” she said raising back to her feet.

“Good” her father said putting down the paperwork “you're a Davion you should do what you think is right and damn the consequences.  Everyone else around the Inner Sphere think that's what we do.”  He said smiling as he raised to his feet “I'm also glad to hear that your combat training wasn't entirely wasted, two kills single handily on unfamiliar terrain, an impressive showing.”

“You're not angry I ignored a sovereign state's wishes and could have caused a major diplomatic incident?”  Jaylen asked wondering if she'd gotten away with this.

“I'm furious” he admitted “you broke every rule that I and your mother taught you.  You're going to have to work extra hard to win that trust we placed in you back.”  He said she represented his family and had let him down he wasn't going to let her off completely “which is perfect...”

“Perfect?”  She asked working extra had did not sound perfect to her.

“It will help you pay off the debt you owe the AFFS for the lost Cuirass.”  Victor said sitting back down picking up his reports.  For a moment Jaylen though that he was joking however when her father did not speak further she knew he wasn't.

“Sir, on a Major's salary you cannot be serious!”  She said realizing it would take her years of service to pay off such a debt.

“Oh I am Major” he said emphasizing her rank “the next time you do something in someone's back yard think before you act.”  He said “what you did was brave and from what I have read very well executed but Filtvelt didn't want the help.”

“Those Mechs could have murdered the entire parliament.”  She protested

“Yes, beheading the Filtvelt Coalition and turning those worlds back towards the Federated Suns fold.”  He said he'd already considered the consequences of her not acting, he knew that Filtvelt probably had to, he also knew that the periphery nation probably had their own ideas on who equipped and sent those pirates and what it must have looked like for a Davion to save them.  “Filtvelt is a proud nation they stepped out of the protective fold of the Federated Suns and they have prospered.”  Victor explained “our relations with them have been good but you riding in on a silver knight and saving them from doom has just reinforced the idea in their population that House Davion is always watching and ready to move with or without their permission.  You did the right thing, Jaylen, and I'm damned proud of how you preformed and your motivations, but I hope to hell it doesn't cause us problems down the road.”  He said looking up at his daughter Jaylen realized what he was saying and knew there was plenty she could have done instead but she had done what she thought was right and done well at it she wasn't going to apologies for it.

“Is that all sir?”  She asked formally

“Yes, welcome home, your mother should be back shortly I'm sure she will be happy to see you her and Sarah are attending an event in Avalon City.”  He explained naming Jaylen's younger sister who served in the Federated Suns government safely away from trouble.  Jaylen didn't care, as her father said she was a Davion, she would do as she thought was right and damn the rest of the Inner Sphere including Filtvelt.  Marching out of the room she returned to her own bedroom closing the door behind her Victor Steiner-Davion remained on his chair reading the reports smiling as he did she was his daughter alright he thought thinking of the trouble he and Kai Allard-Liao used to get up to.  Maybe just maybe he'd been a little harsh on her he was sure that Danai would have something to say when she returned Jaylen was after all as much her daughter as she was his daughter and when it came to their children Victor knew that saying or doing something without Danai would not go down well.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2015, 12:28:18 by Dragon Cat »

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #832 on: 19 November 2014, 04:10:56 »
Blimey!  It seems the Society has won and the Serpents are just desperate to get away but too proud to talk or even ask for help they so clearly need.  The DCMS is going to fall on them like a hammer as is the rest of the clans :s 

God knows whats going on in the Homeworlds :s

James Tanaga

• Sergeant
« Reply #833 on: 19 November 2014, 06:35:37 »
Great updates. Fun to see what happened in the Clan Homeworlds and the Serpents being forced to invade the Inner Sphere. You have me wondering where Dante Truscott and his followers will go now.

If it was planned, then I wouldn't change what you had done with Virgin Galactic. Even if it wasn't, it sometimes is nice to see real-world parallels in the story.

James Tanaga

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #834 on: 19 November 2014, 09:56:26 »
Yay for an update!  :)  Wondering how you will expand the Rim Collection Military?  Maybe they can offer homes to the stray Clan's that are roaming the periphery eventually?  Also I like how the interaction of VSD had with his daughter, very parental first, and First Prince as second.  Wonder what else you got in store for us readers?  Keep it up!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #835 on: 20 November 2014, 00:12:33 »
Society won?  Uh-Oh, Agatha going becoming for the Inner Sphere with her clockwork protomechs next I would think.. 

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #836 on: 20 November 2014, 02:29:53 »
I'm going to assume that some of the Serpents are going to be captured and interrogated, this will at least give the IS Clans a clue as to what happened in the Homeworld.

Zureal

• Lieutenant
  • There are Mechs incoming? Bring up T-Rex!
« Reply #837 on: 20 November 2014, 14:56:13 »
It is official, Rim Collection is my favorite faction in this timeline fallowed closely by Davion XD lol

Just love how stuff turns out for them, for good or bad and Able has always been one of my favorite BT characters to boot :) Go Clan Able! :D

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #838 on: 20 November 2014, 15:30:28 »
It is official, Rim Collection is my favorite faction in this timeline fallowed closely by Davion XD lol

Just love how stuff turns out for them, for good or bad and Able has always been one of my favorite BT characters to boot :) Go Clan Able! :D

You have James Tanaga to thank for that the vast majority of the development and characters lie there I just curb some of the ambitions occasionally

To answer one question kicking about what happened in the Homeworlds and what is happening will be revealed but first there are things in the IS away to happen that are more important

James Tanaga

• Sergeant
« Reply #839 on: 20 November 2014, 18:37:24 »

Glad you like the portrayal of the Rim Collection I have done. Dragon Cat helps with keeping me grounded and telling me very generally what to write. I merely add a spin on what he has planned, though occasionally I surprise him  O0

James Tanaga