Author Topic: Light mech stories  (Read 15509 times)

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Re: Light mech stories
« Reply #60 on: 20 June 2011, 21:26:09 »
Company on company game, succesion war raid by Liao against Davion
The davion militia, taking a page from their future admirals, deploy an entire lance of locusts.  The locusts flank, then charge the rear of 3 enemy mechs - a vindicator, a cataphract and a blackjack.

The locust that charges the vindicator is stopped by weapons fire, trips and falls flat on its face, and dies.  However, the one that charged the blackjack hits, and detonates the ammo.  Boom, splat, one dead blackjack.

Meanwhile, the other little locust that could hits the cataphract despite being hit by both rear mounted medium lasers with their charge.  Wham!  Smashes into them and pushes them off the lvl 1 hex into the next clear hex, where they fall to the ground with some damage to the head, and a ko.  The other (surviving)locusts converge and next round, kick and shoot the cataphract to death with head shots. 

It's officially known as the "charge of the light brigade" with my gaming crew.

Agent # 703

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #61 on: 21 June 2011, 04:15:30 »
My favourite Light mech fail story:  A Talon is running along the road on the large mountain map to get to a good sniping position.  The pilot's pretty good, so the guy controlling him decides to make a good few turns to get higher, and fails the last roll, skidding off the side of the mountain, failing the pilot damage roll, but remaining conscious .  The next turn he tries to get up twice, fails both rolls, fails the pilot damage rolls and knocks himself out on the last one.  He decided to stay down after that.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #62 on: 22 June 2011, 09:37:14 »
Oh I know a good one...

So we're running a Clan grinder, and the big duel of the evening is a Night Gyr H (me) vs. a Tundra Wolf. Things have degenerated to a close-range bloodbath, and whoever lives through this is likely to not make it through the next turn after. It's THAT kind of fight.

Well, we both gear up for the final barrage... one hex seperates the two of us. Neither of us moved an inch- we both wanted the best numbers we could get on our opponent. And as movement phase ends, into that hex steps... a Wolfhound IIC.

Right between the two heavies.

Well, you're insane, right? Wrong. He knew that both of us were likely to ignore the light Mech to finish off our earlier opponent, so he's in a pretty good spot really. Weird, but okay.

The firepower put out by the two heavies was legendary- the weapons fired by the two at each other could have torn an Atlas apart in one good turn. My Gyr took a gyro hit, and combined with the damage it took it was enough to make it fall down... but so did the Tundra Wolf, courtesy of tearing the left leg off among other damage, such as an engine hit.

So the Wolfhound now fires- and the large laser slashes into the head of my Gyr, killing the pilot. Wait, who invited YOU?

Physical attack phase, he follows up with a kick that nails an ammo bin on the Wolf, destroying an ammo bin, which destroys the side torso, and causes two more engine hits. Mech's dead.

So after all of that, the duel ended in a draw thanks to an interloping Wolfhound... which saunters away unharmed from the hurricane of gunfire that surrounded it, and with two heavy Mech kills.

If Phelan wasn't enough of a reason to hate that Mech, I sure had a new one after that game.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #63 on: 23 June 2011, 00:35:00 »
Hellbie, five bucks says Phelan was in it.  That scene should get put into a book somewhere...
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #64 on: 23 June 2011, 03:36:09 »
This story is more of a tale of pure stupid luck than anything else, but I like it nonetheless.

As are most of the light mech stories.But it dosn't make them any less fun.

Recently thou. One of our Group took some Fenrir BA.
And they opened a can of Whoop ass on a Daishi.
Knocking it over in the first round of fire upon it. And continuing to strip it as the Daishi focused on Some tanks off in the distance.
 They didn't get the kill as they ran out of ammo. But it was an impressive site.

My favourite Light mech fail story: 
Hey that's not a fail. He was one of the few on that side that managed to get away. After waking up many turns later to find his forces withdrawing.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2011, 03:39:20 by markhall »

Register