Author Topic: Elective Myomer - Full Body Confusion  (Read 1556 times)

VhenRa

• Captain
Elective Myomer - Full Body Confusion
« on: 08 October 2012, 05:35:36 »
ATOW, Full Body Elective Myomer implants. Does it include the bonuses from all of the limb upgrades? Or not. I am kinda confused.

Edit: And hell, how would it affect having limbs replaced...

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Elective Myomer - Full Body Confusion
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2012, 07:11:07 »
I have to admit, I'm a little curious as well. I figure the attribute modifiers don't stack because you're getting the bonus to the overall character rather than in specific situations (such as the +1 reflexes..for legs the +1 is only for movement modifiers, while the +1 for the Full Body is just +1 for everything).

Some of the other abilities are odd however. Why when I have a hand implant I get a bonus to climbing and martial arts, but I don't get that bonus when I have a full body implant? Is it because the hand's bonuses only apply to a limited situation, while the Full Body bonus is always working?

As for what happens when you get limbs replaced, well. BT isn't SR. Obviously the cybernetics in BT don't go into the depths that the SR rules do, so for the sake of not going insane with trying to figure it out, I'd simply figure that if you got the arm replaced, Types 4 and 5 are built to take into account the Full Body implant, meaning they don't provide any special bonuses, but they don't take away from what you already have.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2012, 08:08:41 »
Back under MW3rd rules, IIRC. The Full Body stuff was just an added level of Myomer implant. So you got the full bonuses for everything + the full body's bonuses.

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2012, 14:13:44 »
That really depends on what you mean by including all the bonuses.

I don't believe you get to add the bonuses from the other implants, but it already contains the bonuses of the arms and legs only better ( leg implants only give STR and RFL bonuses for calculating running, and arms only give +1 STR for the arm implanted in, but full body lets you use those stats for the whole body so it also raises encumbrance and lets you run faster than just leg implants).

I don't see anything that says you can't combine all the implants and get bonuses of all of them.  I don't know how artificial limbs affect things, it doesn't matter for hands and arms since the bonuses apply per arm,, but legs specifically say they have to be paired.  THis really sounds like something you should throw up in the rules questions section.