Author Topic: Kampfgruppe Steiner II: Operation Eisenfaust  (Read 182988 times)

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
Re: Kampfgruppe Steiner II: Operation Eisenfaust
« Reply #240 on: 06 April 2013, 12:53:38 »
btw, any comments regarding our new RAT?
A lot of Clan goodness, probably the most out of all the successor states. Though I find it a tad weird that there is neither the Atlas AS7-K2/3 as well as the Barghest from Prototypes but rather older variants.

Caesar Steiner for Archon

• Captain
  • I think I'm dehydrated. What day is it?
« Reply #241 on: 06 April 2013, 12:58:14 »
btw, any comments regarding our new RAT?
A lot of Clan goodness, probably the most out of all the successor states. Though I find it a tad weird that there is neither the Atlas AS7-K2/3 as well as the Barghest from Prototypes but rather older variants.

No Hauptmann or Fafnir but we have the Sunder. It is shameful. Just shameful.

On the other hand WiE is no longer its own faction but is just a sub-affiliation of the LC in both RAT and RPG rules now. It's like reprogramming a cult victim: you can gradually ease someone out of the Clan mindset.

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #242 on: 06 April 2013, 13:17:56 »
I'm really digging this one.

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #243 on: 06 April 2013, 13:25:10 »
No Hauptmann or Fafnir but we have the Sunder. It is shameful. Just shameful.

On the other hand WiE is no longer its own faction but is just a sub-affiliation of the LC in both RAT and RPG rules now. It's like reprogramming a cult victim: you can gradually ease someone out of the Clan mindset.

true @ Fafnir and Hauptmann
Seems like nobody saw the need to rebuild those lines (for no apparent reason whatsoever obviously)

And yeah, that might be the explanation to the mystery why there's so much Clan-tech all of a sudden.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #244 on: 06 April 2013, 14:39:14 »
No mystery to the Clantech.  Everyone buys from the Sea Foxes.  (Whether they want to or not ;) )
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #245 on: 06 April 2013, 14:42:14 »
No mystery to the Clantech.  Everyone buys from the Sea Foxes.  (Whether they want to or not ;) )

Compare the Clan-tech units to the other great houses. Steiner has a lot more at her disposal.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #246 on: 06 April 2013, 14:43:47 »
Deeper pockets.  And hidden in those pockets, the WiE! :)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #247 on: 06 April 2013, 15:16:36 »

I don't think the Lyrans have any pockets left, not after they had their pants ripped out from under them by those rascally Clanners.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #248 on: 06 April 2013, 15:54:14 »
Investing billions in ComStar for no apparent reason (thanks again Melissa) and without any gain was probably more decisive in that regard.

• Captain
« Reply #249 on: 06 April 2013, 15:58:19 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Defiance Industries was producing some of it themselves.  I mean, they'd perfected their Clantech XL in the 3080s.

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #250 on: 06 April 2013, 16:08:29 »
I wouldn't be surprised if Defiance Industries was producing some of it themselves.  I mean, they'd perfected their Clantech XL in the 3080s.

Huh? I remember something like "much too costly for mass production".

Ratwedge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #251 on: 06 April 2013, 17:48:09 »
Compare the Clan-tech units to the other great houses. Steiner has a lot more at her disposal.

I doubt it.

Just a quick glance through it shows the Lyrans have access to mainly what Clan Wolf in Exile has access to, which is no surprise as they share the same RAT as the Lyrans in this Era Report.  I'd say this is just a mere case of the Lyran RAT enjoying the benefits of sharing a RAT with a Clan than actually fielding more Clantech than anyone else.

• Captain
« Reply #252 on: 06 April 2013, 17:51:49 »
Huh? I remember something like "much too costly for mass production".

It was expensive, but it was a perfect replica.  Once you get that down you spend the next 60 years making it less expensive.

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #253 on: 06 April 2013, 17:58:34 »
It was expensive, but it was a perfect replica.  Once you get that down you spend the next 60 years making it less expensive.

Sounds about right if common sense is applied, somehow I doubt it thought that TRO Steiner will see many indigenous units sporting Clan spec XL engines. After reading TRO Mercs and ER3145 it seems like we continue suffering beating on all fronts. Advancing our native military industrial base like that (we're no RotS after all which gets free Clan-factories set up by Bears and Sharks thanks to the divine charisma possessed by Devlin Stone) just doesn't fit the picture that TPTB are painting for the Commonwealth for a while now.

Also I highly doubt that we reap any benefits of the Clan-grade factories on Pandora (remember? by 3130 Pandora was back in the Commonwealth).

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
« Reply #254 on: 06 April 2013, 18:34:19 »
Sounds about right if common sense is applied, somehow I doubt it thought that TRO Steiner will see many indigenous units sporting Clan spec XL engines. After reading TRO Mercs and ER3145 it seems like we continue suffering beating on all fronts. Advancing our native military industrial base like that (we're no RotS after all which gets free Clan-factories set up by Bears and Sharks thanks to the divine charisma possessed by Devlin Stone) just doesn't fit the picture that TPTB are painting for the Commonwealth for a while now.

Also I highly doubt that we reap any benefits of the Clan-grade factories on Pandora (remember? by 3130 Pandora was back in the Commonwealth).

All good points though I still think we'll see some indigenous units sporting Clan Tech because of the amount of salvage that had to have been gained through the conflict against three Clans.  I know that there was likely a lot of waste, loss, and since most of the actions were losing ones that there won't be a plethora.  However, I can bet that with the successful actions, and the prolonged defenses were defenders were able to escape that a decent amount made it back.  At least enough of the stuff to justify at least one design in the new TRO.  Granted, its partially just wishful thinking because I don't want to be part of ANOTHER faction that has to become some kind of secret police/trump card because they were stomped into the ground and pushed out of history -_-
"Manei Domini think themselves superior because of their unnatural enhancements.  I cannot wait to show them the error of their ways."
  - Star Colonel Damien Furey

"I'm going to found a mercenary outfit, all the cool kids are doing it."
 - Duchess Designate Alice Duvall

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #255 on: 06 April 2013, 18:42:52 »
So what I gather from your post is that you are in fact some closet Lyran? ^^

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
« Reply #256 on: 06 April 2013, 18:45:11 »
So what I gather from your post is that you are in fact some closet Lyran? ^^

Yes... I mean... no... I mean... look I like big Mechs, and I cannot lie.
"Manei Domini think themselves superior because of their unnatural enhancements.  I cannot wait to show them the error of their ways."

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #257 on: 06 April 2013, 18:46:33 »
 O0

Let's hope we'll bounce back with a vengeance... the first time in like... ever.

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
« Reply #258 on: 06 April 2013, 18:50:30 »
O0

Let's hope we'll bounce back with a vengeance... the first time in like... ever.

Not sure that'll be possible once the second Clan Invasion kicks in.  I think we've seen the end of Lyran dominance in the market place.  Some part of me fears, we will be replaced by Clan Diamond Shark as the setting's trade empire.

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #259 on: 06 April 2013, 18:58:26 »
Not sure that'll be possible once the second Clan Invasion kicks in.  I think we've seen the end of Lyran dominance in the market place.  Some part of me fears, we will be replaced by Clan Diamond Shark as the setting's trade empire.

Well, we had actually already been eclipsed by the super-awesome RotS by the turn of the century according to earlier publications. But the Sharks/Foxes are the new economical super power by the time the RotS is torn asunder, no question about it.
Not only did we lose our econpmical status, but also we're basically broke thanks to Melissa IIs ingenious scheming to buy up ComStar, which as we know resulted in horrible failure and was basically just used by TPTB to explain how ComStar was able to survive after the blackout and even rebuild their military arm. So from ComStar's PoV we were fully knowingly exploited.

With all the crap we were served, I guess we can be thankful for surprisingly NOT losing our most important industrial planet to the Turkeys.

But well, one can hope.

For the coming of the Star Adders, I simply hope they don't take the obvious route but rather hammer the Combine or the Bears, Turkeys and Horses.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #260 on: 06 April 2013, 19:00:21 »

It does seem that way, doesn't it? The Commonwealth and the FWL are shadows of their former economic selves, the FedSuns isn't going to do any exporting any time soon, and the Dracs and Caps aren't really well known for their mercantile ways. It looks like the Foxes are the biggest traders ATM.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
« Reply #261 on: 06 April 2013, 19:01:10 »
Well, we had actually already been eclipsed by the super-awesome RotS by the turn of the century according to earlier publications. But the Sharks/Foxes are the new economical super power by the time the RotS is torn asunder, no question about it.
Not only did we lose our econpmical status, but also we're basically broke thanks to Melissa IIs ingenious scheming to buy up ComStar, which as we know resulted in horrible failure and was basically just used by TPTB to explain how ComStar was able to survive after the blackout and even rebuild their military arm. So from ComStar's PoV we were fully knowingly exploited.

With all the crap we were served, I guess we can be thankful for surprisingly NOT losing our most important industrial planet to the Turkeys.

But well, one can hope.

For the coming of the Star Adders, I simply hope they don't take the obvious route but rather hammer the Combine or the Bears, Turkeys and Horses.

I'll start skimming factions to find a new one to doom with my patronage.  I think I'll destroy a Mercenary group this time with my hopes and dreams -_-;;

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #262 on: 06 April 2013, 19:03:36 »
Go with the Dragoons. ;)
No matter how hard they get slapped around, they still seem to recover to former strength.

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
« Reply #263 on: 06 April 2013, 19:05:56 »
Go with the Dragoons. ;)
No matter how hard they get slapped around, they still seem to recover to former strength.

In other news, thanks to Gray Jaguar's support, the Wolf's Dragoons have been destroyed completely, utterly, and without remorse in 3245.  The Lyran Commonwealth is now just the Lyran Principalities in the Periphery, and the Fidelis misjumped into a supernova.

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #264 on: 06 April 2013, 19:07:21 »
In other news, thanks to Gray Jaguar's support, the Wolf's Dragoons have been destroyed completely, utterly, and without remorse in 3245. 

Well, that was the ulterior motive behind my recommendation ;)

The Lyran Commonwealth is now just the Lyran Principalities in the Periphery, and the Fidelis misjumped into a supernova.

:(

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #265 on: 06 April 2013, 21:16:16 »
Not only did we lose our econpmical status, but also we're basically broke thanks to Melissa IIs ingenious scheming to buy up ComStar, which as we know resulted in horrible failure and was basically just used by TPTB to explain how ComStar was able to survive after the blackout and even rebuild their military arm.

Melissa's kroners had nothing to do with ComStar's remilitarization, which was an ongoing project even before the Blackout. And wasn't terribly extensive anyway.

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #266 on: 06 April 2013, 21:20:39 »
Melissa's kroners had nothing to do with ComStar's remilitarization, which was an ongoing project even before the Blackout. And wasn't terribly extensive anyway.

Ok, maybe I remembered the passages in the respective novels incorrectly. It's been a while since I've read them.
Still, it was one of the many failures of the glorious Melissa II.

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
« Reply #267 on: 06 April 2013, 21:22:45 »
Ok, maybe I remembered the passages in the respective novels incorrectly. It's been a while since I've read them.
Still, it was one of the many failures of the glorious Melissa II.

And also why we should elect my OC Melanie Steiner to the office.  Better Mel, Twice the Steiner, all the awesome of an AeroSpace trained Duchess.

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #268 on: 06 April 2013, 21:38:32 »
Well, probably ever other alternative except for Vedet Brewster would have been a better option than Melissa II :P

btw, regarding ComStar it states: "Her propping up of ComStar’s interests within the Commonwealth for so many years after the Blackout certainly put an undue strain on the Lyran coffers while returning little for the investment."

So my statement was incorrect concerning the rebuilding of the ComGuards, not however concerning the actual survival of ComStar.

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
« Reply #269 on: 06 April 2013, 21:45:39 »
Well, probably ever other alternative except for Vedet Brewster would have been a better option than Melissa II :P

btw, regarding ComStar it states: "Her propping up of ComStar’s interests within the Commonwealth for so many years after the Blackout certainly put an undue strain on the Lyran coffers while returning little for the investment."

So my statement was incorrect concerning the rebuilding of the ComGuards, not however concerning the actual survival of ComStar.

You make it sound like she would have a choice in the matter.  Ick Ein Archon.