Author Topic: The Ask Gorky Zubok Column  (Read 29019 times)

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: The Ask Gorky Zubok Column
« Reply #90 on: 19 February 2013, 23:11:48 »
Gorky, does this look infected?

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #91 on: 19 February 2013, 23:17:00 »

A: Is common misunderstanding. Maskirovka override of motor vehicle control give appearance of car in control of driver. Car actually controlled remotely by Maskirovka intern. More accurate to say "In Confederation, Mask take YOU for ride."

I see what you did there, Gorky!
Maker of big things.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #92 on: 19 February 2013, 23:30:48 »
A: Made possible by extreme radiation cause by Third World War.

(skykiss what?)

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,27020.msg0.html#new

TT O:-)
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #93 on: 19 February 2013, 23:43:47 »
Gorky, does this look infected?

A: Gorky not doctor. Last time tovarish ask Gorky same question about trench foot. Gorky drink mech coolant. Tovarish drink mech coolant. Gorky amputate foot of comrade with implement of entrenchment. Turn out Gorky drink too much mech coolant. Remove wrong foot from comrade and give tetanus. Real doctor later remove both leg from comrade. Let that be lesson to everyone. Gorky not licensed to perform surgical procedure or provide medical advice.

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #94 on: 20 February 2013, 21:21:53 »
Gorky tell old Maskirovka joke:

Q: How teach old dog new trick?

A: Shoot old dog. Teach new dog new trick.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #95 on: 20 February 2013, 22:52:35 »
Gorky, who is the most popular musical artist in the Confederation?

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #96 on: 21 February 2013, 00:22:27 »
Gorky, what is thought on bagpipes?  Best music ever, or device of torture even Mask hesitant to use?  I hear each as popular opinion.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #97 on: 21 February 2013, 02:10:43 »
Gorky, who is the most popular musical artist in the Confederation?

A: In Confederation, music is endeavour of team that work in communal harmony. Most popular team of Confederation is team that Chancellor say is most popular.

Gorky, what is thought on bagpipes?  Best music ever, or device of torture even Mask hesitant to use?  I hear each as popular opinion.

A: Bagpipe is strange instrument of Highlanders. Not important if instrument of music or cruelty. Only matter is knowing if kontraktniki owner of bagpipe is Davion-killing mercenary that respect contract or treasonous dog of Northwind.

Molossian Dog IIC

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the sword ... die by dysentery.
« Reply #98 on: 21 February 2013, 18:25:47 »
Gorky, font of forbidden knowledge of bad taste, why Davion midget get all girls? Is so small!

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #99 on: 22 February 2013, 04:22:46 »
 To explain the satan known as victor one must remember old adage, "Dynamite comes in small packages." That and the little blue pill explian everything.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #100 on: 23 February 2013, 01:15:18 »
Gorky, font of forbidden knowledge of bad taste, why Davion midget get all girls? Is so small!

A: Exactly. Is hard to offer girl ride home in battlemech if no room for girl in cockpit. Only small mechwarrior conserve enough cubic volume to make realistic offer of lift.

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #101 on: 23 February 2013, 01:29:56 »
Gorky, why no just give mech rumble seat quirk?

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #102 on: 23 February 2013, 04:12:41 »
Gorky, why no just give mech rumble seat quirk?

A: Rumble seat quirk require small pilot trait also. Elemental pilot like used by Clan Ghost Bear need space freed by removal of rumble seat just to fit knees under console of cockpit.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #103 on: 23 February 2013, 04:43:33 »
Gorky, what are your thoughts about the Clans' elementals?  The Warrior Houses have had 'mech mounted infantry long before the Clans did.  AND they did it without 'girly man' crutches like battle armor and omnimechs.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #104 on: 23 February 2013, 10:12:43 »
Gorky, what are your thoughts about the Clans' elementals?  The Warrior Houses have had 'mech mounted infantry long before the Clans did.  AND they did it without 'girly man' crutches like battle armor and omnimechs.
Hmm, you make "girly man" comment to Elemental's face?  I not think, see as you still here with the living.

lol
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #105 on: 23 February 2013, 17:10:32 »

A: Gorky greatly confused by elemental battle armour. Have read multiple dispatches of elemental removing helmet, Combine soldier decapitating elemental with vibro-katana. Elemental design have no protruduing head unit. Maybe case of mis-identification and friendly fire with IS BA?

A: Elemental phenotype hilarious exercise in unintended consequences. Gorky research in to sistema of human kinetics suggest phenotype make poor infantry. Too much mass would destroy joint of elemental that run too much. Too much muscle of upper body limit pack load. Too little fat like athelete of professional league leave elemental with energy reserve like financial system of Davion empire. Would strain logistics to supply infantry unit of elemental phenotype with food and replacement knee surgery. Clan not get memo? Infantry fight with weapon of ranged capability now. Phenotype would make fearsome pikeman of medieval era. Big body no make gun more deadly, no stop laser better than small body of Capellan conscript.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2013, 02:55:12 by chanman »

Brian Mattern-Davion

• Private
« Reply #106 on: 03 March 2013, 22:42:34 »
Gorky, which is best Assault 'Mech for value of C-Bill: Templar, BattleMaster, Highlander, or Flashman?

Also, why Davions never seem to produce beautiful ginger-haired females in ancestral line? Always seem to be ax-crazy blondes or short-haired brunettes...

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #107 on: 03 March 2013, 22:59:06 »
Gorky, which is best Assault 'Mech for value of C-Bill: Templar, BattleMaster, Highlander, or Flashman?

A: Flashman not assault mech. Davion Outback hick teacher in travelling school clear not teach basic mech knowledge during your upbringing. After disqualification of Flashman design, Templar omnimech next to discard. Is omnimech create by greedy capitalist to gouge quartermaster on endless list of factory accessory with markup that make Lyran jealous. Also contains XL engine of fat shielding and poor durability and internal layout of crazed madman. Remaining design both of old Star League heritage. Can find answer in centuries of endless argument.

Also, why Davions never seem to produce beautiful ginger-haired females in ancestral line? Always seem to be ax-crazy blondes or short-haired brunettes...

A: Gorky not know what planet questioner live on, but Terran cultivar of ginger have flesh of pale yellow and skin of light brown. Blonde not qualify?

Also, royal family of Federated Suns not afford hair dye? Yvonne Steiner Davion have hair of red colouration in Star Corps Dossier and novelizations of writer Stackpole. Only appear with dark hair in Handbook of House Davion.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #108 on: 06 March 2013, 09:55:15 »
Gorky, which is better delivery system for syrup, pancakes or waffles?
Sunrise is Coming.

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #109 on: 06 March 2013, 23:44:25 »
Gorky, which is better delivery system for syrup, pancakes or waffles?

A: Best delivery sistema for syrup usually plastic squeeze bottle but sometimes ladle is more efficient in situation of communal indulgence of syrup.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #110 on: 08 March 2013, 23:16:14 »
Gorky? A Picture.

Why kitty cat upset? Is not correct connected? Should have payed for capitalist version instead?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #111 on: 08 March 2013, 23:59:54 »
Gorky? A Picture.

Why kitty cat upset? Is not correct connected? Should have payed for capitalist version instead?

TT

A: Is elusive photograph of old top-secret program for development of cosmocat.  Photograph displays remains of innermost liner of cosmocat suit for pressure regulation. Expression on face of cat is evidence of exposure to experimental oxygen of psychotropic properties.

Brian Mattern-Davion

• Private
« Reply #112 on: 09 March 2013, 00:09:50 »
Gorky, how tell if wife having affair or agent of DMI?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #113 on: 20 March 2013, 21:20:56 »
Gorky, is this russian for Spam?

Looks yummy.
TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #114 on: 24 March 2013, 10:49:30 »

Looks yummy.
TT

Aaaaaand I just lot my lunch...

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #115 on: 24 March 2013, 12:31:11 »
Gorky, how tell if wife having affair or agent of DMI?

A: Depends. If you agent of Maskirovka or intelligence service of Combine, wife probably agent and having affair. If you not agent, then wife just having affair.

Looks yummy.
TT

A: No, is Russian for baby Sarlaac. Delicacy of baby sandworm imported from Draconis world of Akrab. Baby sandworm said to be rich in spice of Akrab world. One can is cost six month stipend of minor noble of Confederation.

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
« Reply #116 on: 25 March 2013, 14:57:02 »
Gorky, what is the difference between the major and minor nobles of the Confederation?
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #117 on: 25 March 2013, 16:14:33 »

Looks yummy.
TT
Okay, I gotta ask what that is.  At first I was thinking small alligator or crocodile, but the teeth don't look right.  Though really they don't look oriented correctly for much of anything.
Sunrise is Coming.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #118 on: 25 March 2013, 16:59:29 »
It's canned herring. Looks like someone added a salmon head or something by mistake.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #119 on: 24 April 2014, 02:26:18 »
Gorky, what is the difference between the major and minor nobles of the Confederation?

A: When major noble of Confederation cross Chancellor, major noble have unfortunate accident. When minor noble of Confederation cross Chancellor, minor noble just shot. Conflict resolution much faster with minor noble. Much less insurance policy paperwork.