Author Topic: A new and totally revamped MegaMekLab release  (Read 5882 times)

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Re: A new and totally revamped MegaMekLab release
« Reply #30 on: 08 February 2013, 18:48:13 »
An issue I am having right now and this is also in conjunction with MHQ's newest release is that when I go into Meklab to tweak some customs they ask if I want to overwrite when I save them and I say yes but when I open up the New MHQ they are still the same version. even though they should be overwritten.  Now If I did that in the previous version of meklab and mhq it would have the mechs in the repair bay to do the changes. 

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
  • Look out, there is a monkey on your back!
« Reply #31 on: 09 February 2013, 01:04:45 »
An issue I am having right now and this is also in conjunction with MHQ's newest release is that when I go into Meklab to tweak some customs they ask if I want to overwrite when I save them and I say yes but when I open up the New MHQ they are still the same version. even though they should be overwritten.  Now If I did that in the previous version of meklab and mhq it would have the mechs in the repair bay to do the changes.

That is definitely not the way you should customize units. You should customize units from within MekHQ or use new names for the ones you tweak in MML and then customize them as a refit kid in MHQ. I am surprised that it actually worked the way you did it. As to why they are not changing, I am not sure but you could try deleting your unit cache.
MegaMek Dev and Bug Creator

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

Make your own campaign website with the MekHQ Blog

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #32 on: 09 February 2013, 12:33:01 »
Thanks for the input. Will do what you suggest.  But I do rename the custom units and the ones that I was having issues with were the customs.

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho