Author Topic: fuel price increases  (Read 34764 times)

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
Re: fuel price increases
« Reply #150 on: 10 March 2011, 13:44:38 »
Muppet Show, the two guys that sit in the side balcony seats and mock the 'show'
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOMâ„¢

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #151 on: 10 March 2011, 13:46:02 »
Muppet Show, the two guys that sit in the side balcony seats and mock the 'show'
Those two are easily the two best parts about the muppets.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

captnmartin

• Sergeant
  • Steiner, Nothing Finer
« Reply #152 on: 10 March 2011, 13:49:04 »

Danke Stormcrow
Captain is hilariously easy to set off, like a walking barrel of gunpowder within a self contained field of destructium and a great big button on his forehead that says "Push me for fireworks".

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #153 on: 10 March 2011, 13:50:38 »
My brain just froze at the shear apocalyptic hilarity that would ensue if those two groups got together to go at each other.  Ah bliss.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

captnmartin

• Sergeant
  • Steiner, Nothing Finer
« Reply #154 on: 10 March 2011, 13:52:47 »
It is one of my favourite motivational photos of all time.
Captain is hilariously easy to set off, like a walking barrel of gunpowder within a self contained field of destructium and a great big button on his forehead that says "Push me for fireworks".

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #155 on: 10 March 2011, 13:55:40 »
Long distance rail is one of the most fuel- and cost-efficient means of moving anything, particularly in bulk. Unfortunately it's also one of the less flexible, which is why the adoption of "Just In Time" operational rythms pushed companies into using road transport.
Just in Time isn't exactly what it has cracked up to be either.  Or both companies that I worked for that implemented it could have totally sucked at it.   :-X

Krieghund

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #156 on: 10 March 2011, 20:41:15 »
As someone that works at a gas station, (yay Costco!!) I get to hear the crying all day every day. And honestly, it gets old. Nobody crawled out from under a rock to find out suddenly the prices went up. People with one kid driving a suburban/expedition? LOL, GTFO morons. If you didn't see this comming after the prices a few years ago, you weren't paying attention.
It is rumored Khan Pryde shot the first scientist she saw after laughing nonstop for ten minutes.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #157 on: 10 March 2011, 21:57:13 »
I don't think most people should be allowed to drive, let alone fly.

Funny as I'll be flying to New Orleans this Sunday, and its a heck of a lot cheaper to do so than driving the 1,230 miles.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #158 on: 11 March 2011, 05:11:40 »
Man.. i am coming back statside soon after a 10 month deployment to this shit...  Good thing i saved a little extra cash.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #159 on: 14 March 2011, 09:55:53 »
Funny as I'll be flying to New Orleans this Sunday, and its a heck of a lot cheaper to do so than driving the 1,230 miles.
Thats kind of the ironic thing about the higher gas prices, on intermediate trips, thousand miles or less, it can be cheaper to fly than to drive.

Register