Author Topic: BattleTech: Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation  (Read 59379 times)

faraday77

• Sergeant
Re: BattleTech: Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation
« Reply #90 on: 18 May 2013, 09:11:47 »
As a demonstration of how tastes differ: The Space Mine Dispenser is what SOLD me on the thing.

If it works for you, the that's fine by me. :) I've just spend too much time on Atomic Rockets to not do a facepalm when I see something like the SMD.
Gone.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #91 on: 18 May 2013, 10:17:20 »
Of Liao it seems a bit hit or miss to me some of it is ooooooo I like, some is really you went there?

Overall Liao seems to be trying to take the Rim Worlds Republic crown on war crimes with the flamer emphasis...

Picks for me:
Nisos - nice Combat WiGE
Pixiu - awesome tank
Arrow IV Assault Vehicle - nice - like really nice
Behemoth II - the tank no-one wanted... I want it
Gun - beautiful art - strange idea
Calliope - from preview art nice design too wasn't a light gauss or a HVAC
Raven II - very sweet upgrade
Agrotera - one of the prettiest designs in the TRO by a margin
Mortis - finally one of the Undead Lance!!

Downers
Predator - looks like something that belongs in XTRO 1945 - sorry
Zhan - looks like something the A-Team would make out of a bus and some metal plate
Vandal - Omni let down by MWDA art
Lu Wei Bing - a Victor with updated art?  Nice design just looks too Victor-ish especially the head
All the aerospace stuff - nothing jumps out at all
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Feign

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #92 on: 18 May 2013, 10:27:30 »
As a lover of the Magistracy of Canopus, I have to say I really like this TRO.  I'm pretty sure there is close to being more expressively MoC produced stuff in this than there has been in all the other TROs up to now combined.  Granted, that's three mechs three vees and a BA. :P

Granted, all three of the MoC mechs in this are close to pure gold in my eyes, and the Amazon is enough to make anyone take a second look at the faction.  I could definitely see MIM agents using Amazon armor as a backup for when subtlety has left the building.
All that is born dies,
All that is planned fails,
All that is built crumbles,
But memories continue on,
And that is beautiful.

gooseman

• CDT Miniatures XO
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #93 on: 18 May 2013, 10:47:10 »
Hmmm....

During the abortive invasion of the Capellan Confederation by the Duchy of Andurien and Oriente in 3104, a number of Magistracy regiments responded to their ally’s need and counterattacked."

Brushwars: The Sequel
Daoshen Liao: Wrong! Xavier! What is best in life?
Xavier McCarron: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Feign

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #94 on: 18 May 2013, 11:27:23 »
Picks for me:
Nisos - nice Combat WiGE
Pixiu - awesome tank
Arrow IV Assault Vehicle - nice - like really nice
Behemoth II - the tank no-one wanted... I want it
Gun - beautiful art - strange idea
Calliope - from preview art nice design too wasn't a light gauss or a HVAC
Raven II - very sweet upgrade
Agrotera - one of the prettiest designs in the TRO by a margin
Mortis - finally one of the Undead Lance!!
I have to agree with most of these, though I can't quite get into the Mortis or the Raven II, I would trade the missile on the Pixiu for a SSRM-4 or heck, even an MRM10.  Likewise the Behemoth II, though the Support variant for that one covers the issue very nicely.
The Gun fills a role that just needed to be filled: Cheap, numerous BA taxi.
The Agrotera is an interesting scout/trooper without being over-optimized. 
The Calliope is a decent trooper with a very good chance of downright roasting mechs if it loads some Infernos for the MML (not to mention setting everything on the map on fire).
To this list I'd have to add the Tian-Zong.  Man oh man do I want some of these.  Really, between the Tian Zong and the Amazon, this has a corner on the no-nonsense market.

Downers
Predator - looks like something that belongs in XTRO 1945 - sorry
Zhan - looks like something the A-Team would make out of a bus and some metal plate
Lu Wei Bing - a Victor with updated art?  Nice design just looks too Victor-ish especially the head
All the aerospace stuff - nothing jumps out at all
The Predator and the Zahn are both fine with me.  They have the no-nonsense thing pinned down, as befits their design.
All that is born dies,
All that is planned fails,
All that is built crumbles,
But memories continue on,
And that is beautiful.

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #95 on: 18 May 2013, 11:29:40 »
 O0 On the Anubis! I like the new art (mini???). It looked to bug like before. Solid load outs. Lu Wei Bing makes me think of the Victor with the arty arm. Like it. Very curious about the tsemp.  I'd really like to play some of these mechs but need the rules. Do they already exist???? In tac ops or something???

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #96 on: 18 May 2013, 12:38:17 »
The Zhan is hereby dubbed the BattleBus.  It's just too perfect a nickname. ;D
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #97 on: 18 May 2013, 12:39:43 »

I second this motion!
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: 18 May 2013, 12:44:22 »

....only now? The Zhan has been the battlebus for nearly a decade, depending on when Liao Incursion was released. ;)

"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

RyuWanderfalke

• Warrant Officer
  • The fist of vengeance.
« Reply #99 on: 18 May 2013, 12:58:10 »
Many mech designs from this TRO look like they were directly taken out of MWO in terms of style, an intentional decision?
« Last Edit: 18 May 2013, 13:02:06 by RyuWanderfalke »

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #100 on: 18 May 2013, 12:59:45 »
Probably has to do with the fact that Alex I. is the artist for MWO.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #101 on: 18 May 2013, 13:16:01 »

No previous art or mini from MWDA.

Martius

• Captain
« Reply #102 on: 18 May 2013, 13:36:03 »
The Vandal reminds me of the Celestials. Perhaps it is a lost WoB design or something planned for the Thugees?

RyuWanderfalke

• Warrant Officer
  • The fist of vengeance.
« Reply #103 on: 18 May 2013, 13:36:14 »
Shen Long: Fast, mimetic armour

Which in fact seems a bit odd...

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #104 on: 18 May 2013, 13:38:30 »
The Vandal reminds me of the Celestials. Perhaps it is a lost WoB design or something planned for the Thugees?

My guess is that the Vandal is an updated Koschei....a remnant of pre Xin Sheng CC that no longer fits as well as it should.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Coldwyn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #105 on: 18 May 2013, 13:39:17 »
Which in fact seems a bit odd...

Why? Wait for a good opportunity, than move fast.
it´s not necessarily that i´m immoral of character, i just don´t take great stock in the morality of others, that´s all

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #106 on: 18 May 2013, 13:42:02 »
I seem to be in the minority on liking the Vandal. I like the art well enough with its celestial queues and the configurations look serviceable; I'd happily use a lance of them. I'll admit that some of the design decisions seem odd but I'm happy to have a next generation IS omni that fills a heavy cavalry role.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

RyuWanderfalke

• Warrant Officer
  • The fist of vengeance.
« Reply #107 on: 18 May 2013, 13:42:39 »
@coldwyn: Mimetic seems a bit costly for that. Mimetic armor makes most sense on an suit that walks 10.8 kph, optimally because of DWPs.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #108 on: 18 May 2013, 13:47:58 »
I feel like this TRO should come with a pronunciation guide.
Your not only one...Yinghuochong needs a canon nickname or NATO like designation.  I can't imagine alot people will have easy time prouncing it.  Aside from it, its okay design but doesn't seem to me as a Firebee "successor".  Art of it isn't great too me.  It maybe i'm not fan of all Huda's work, no offense to Mr. Huda.

I think my favorite unit in the book is the Shen Long Battle Armor.  Its really cool design wise & stat wise.

I love the Deployment (once apond time was called Battle History in old TRO3025), it such rich history being put in there and giving unit some serious character with design quirks making them more unique.

The Capellan write ups in the book history is very startling if you tend to like FedSuns.  Some these guys were horrible people doing thing in name of the State.  Man.

I wonder if the Night Stalker Medium 'Mech will appear in another book, House Liao was suppose to be using this.  It appeared during the Liao invasion of Belleville in MWDA Novel To Ride The Chimera.

I wished one of the notable pilots of the Gùn was named Peter...then the old pop-culture pun circle would be completed...
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #109 on: 18 May 2013, 13:53:32 »
Your not only one...Yinghuochong needs a canon nickname or NATO like designation.  I can't imagine alot people will have easy time prouncing it.  Aside from it, its okay design but doesn't seem to me as a Firebee "successor".  Art of it isn't great too me.  It maybe i'm not fan of all Huda's work, no offense to Mr. Huda.

I think my favorite unit in the book is the Shen Long Battle Armor.  Its really cool design wise & stat wise.

I love the Deployment (once apond time was called Battle History in old TRO3025), it such rich history being put in there and giving unit some serious character with design quirks making them more unique.

The Capellan write ups in the book history is very startling if you tend to like FedSuns.  Some these guys were horrible people doing thing in name of the State.  Man.

I wonder if the Night Stalker Medium 'Mech will appear in another book, House Liao was suppose to be using this.  It appeared during the Liao invasion of Belleville in MWDA Novel To Ride The Chimera.

I wished one of the notable pilots of the Gùn was named Peter...then the old pop-culture pun circle would be completed...

Aha, I get that! Now I'll forever have this music stuck in my heard whenever I field the Gùn!
« Last Edit: 18 May 2013, 13:55:35 by YingJanshi »

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

The Wayfarer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #110 on: 18 May 2013, 14:33:32 »
Wow.  The artwork in this TRO is fantastic!  Congrats to the Battletech crew and the artists on the selection.  IWM is gonna have a tough job making minis for this bunch but I hope they come, nonetheless.

I am NOT digging this sawtooth box pattern around the text and artwork.  Borderless would be more appealing.

Wasn't a Cappy fan until today.  Nice job!

Mike
« Last Edit: 18 May 2013, 17:41:16 by The Wayfarer »
Revelations 6:8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Suralin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #111 on: 18 May 2013, 14:34:51 »
I seem to be in the minority on liking the Vandal. I like the art well enough with its celestial queues and the configurations look serviceable; I'd happily use a lance of them. I'll admit that some of the design decisions seem odd but I'm happy to have a next generation IS omni that fills a heavy cavalry role.

The Vandal visually reminds me of Celestials, a scaled-up Liberator, or maybe Mektek's Black Heart. Or all three rolled together somehow. In a good way.

I do wish the configs had more weaponry, but Boosted C3 is never to be underestimated.

The original arcade version of Street Fighter II. It was a mistranslation of Ryu's attack but people took it to be a characters name.

*hands Stormlion a cookie*

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #112 on: 18 May 2013, 14:51:58 »
No previous art or mini from MWDA.

I thought I had one
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #113 on: 18 May 2013, 14:53:07 »
I wonder if when the combined TRO: 3145 comes out that we'll get a list of Mech refit/variants like TRO:3085 had.  I just keep thinking Vandals are going have run in tandium with one another since there aren't many boosted c3 slaves/masters out there.  Specially for the Liaos i would think.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Brigoon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #114 on: 18 May 2013, 14:54:43 »
The Vandal visually reminds me of Celestials, a scaled-up Liberator, or maybe Mektek's Black Heart. Or all three rolled together somehow. In a good way.

I do wish the configs had more weaponry, but Boosted C3 is never to be underestimated.

I think the Vandal could be just a updated refaced  Thanatos Omnimech. I just plugged in the Thanto's fixed weapon config with the jets and came up to 24.5 tons. Witch easly fits into the Vandals pod weight and critical space. 
What does the fox say?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #115 on: 18 May 2013, 15:03:35 »
Why? Wait for a good opportunity, than move fast.

This.  The Shen Long is begging to be used in a city, where 4 MP is blazing for a BA, and its firepower is excellent.  Reach a defended choke point in record time, and then sit still for maximum demonic spider potential.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #116 on: 18 May 2013, 20:05:54 »
I'm wondering now if the point to the Liberator's C3B is to allow it to use C3 with Stealth 'Mechs; that way they aren't being blocked from the network by their own one-hex ECM bubble.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #117 on: 18 May 2013, 20:13:09 »
BC3 shouldn't be affected by the ECM across the skin of 'Mechs under stealth (They don't generate a bubble, unless the rules have changed) but BC3 can only work with other BC3

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #118 on: 18 May 2013, 20:55:03 »

Yay! A Cookie!  :)

Actually the more I look at the Vandal, the more I see a Celestial influence then anything else. I want to say that at some point the CapCon either captured plans for a WoB design or have revamped a Celestial design. And it would make sense as well, the CapCon probably didn't melt down perfectly good mechs that had WoB origins, but probably stripped frames and mothballed parts and at some point someone designed a mech that would use those frames and parts, hence you get a Vandal and not a Celestial.

One thing I do want is a mini for this though. It would look good in Holdfast Guard colors I think.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #119 on: 18 May 2013, 21:04:04 »
Yay! A Cookie!  :)

Actually the more I look at the Vandal, the more I see a Celestial influence then anything else. I want to say that at some point the CapCon either captured plans for a WoB design or have revamped a Celestial design. And it would make sense as well, the CapCon probably didn't melt down perfectly good mechs that had WoB origins, but probably stripped frames and mothballed parts and at some point someone designed a mech that would use those frames and parts, hence you get a Vandal and not a Celestial.

One thing I do want is a mini for this though. It would look good in Holdfast Guard colors I think.

A Vandal mini would be wonderful, particularly if the three variants were made available so we could build boosted C3 lances.