Author Topic: Squishies n Crunchies...  (Read 9905 times)

rlbell

• Lieutenant
Re: Squishies n Crunchies...
« Reply #30 on: 28 March 2011, 13:58:01 »
Eh, the mech has too many moving parts, and does not have the upper surface area as a platform.

If you expect to have surprise, there is always cargo webbing.  Needed to take a building in a base surrounded by a high wall.  Weather made for horrible visibility, so a rifle platoon's worth of adrenaline junkies were huddled into the webbing of a jumping mech and taken over the wall.  Dismount was tricky, but we actually did manage the surprise.

Q: Why are children so cute?
A: So parents do not kill them.

That joke usually divides the room into two groups:  those that are mortally offended, and parents

Jackmc

• Captain
    • How I pay the bills
« Reply #31 on: 28 March 2011, 14:51:12 »
If you expect to have surprise, there is always cargo webbing.  Needed to take a building in a base surrounded by a high wall.  Weather made for horrible visibility, so a rifle platoon's worth of adrenaline junkies were huddled into the webbing of a jumping mech and taken over the wall.  Dismount was tricky, but we actually did manage the surprise.

Wow, I can't imagine what kind/number of long-term injuries that would have entailed, but ti does make for a nice hollywood moment.

-Jackmc

eldrwyrm

• Corporal
  • Sometimes the Dragon wins.
    • The Wyrm's Rumblings
« Reply #32 on: 28 March 2011, 17:00:50 »
That visual makes me smile. :D  Then again, I'm slightly psychotic and a GameMaster by trade, take your pick as to which is more evil.
Check out my Klondike Campaign blog at http://eldrwyrm.blogspot.com/

Register