Author Topic: A MegaMek single-player campaign: Will it work? Interested?  (Read 14919 times)

Trailblazer

• Warrant Officer
    • Excaliburs Saga Campaign for MegaMek
Re: A MegaMek single-player campaign: Will it work? Interested?
« Reply #30 on: 20 September 2013, 10:02:14 »
I would be interested in a bunch of these if you could use your own forces.  I like customizing mechs too much.
I suppose that's another advantage of using the scenario format.  If you want to use your own designs instead of the intended forces, you can just enter their names into the MMS file in place of the 'Mechs I've assigned.

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
« Reply #31 on: 20 September 2013, 18:48:21 »
Hey, cool!  When is it going to be done?
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Trailblazer

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #32 on: 21 September 2013, 16:39:04 »
Hey, cool!  When is it going to be done?

Depends in part on the vagaries of the day job, but I hope to release the first part (maybe 5 missions total with backstory spanning about 3035-3039) in the next couple months.

Watch this space: http://home.comcast.net/~dvjbkr/battletechexcaliburs/

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 21 September 2013, 22:19:42 »
I was really hoping to have a more modern 3060's era.  Any plans for that in the mix?
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Trailblazer

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #34 on: 22 September 2013, 10:40:24 »
Yes, the story I have planned will continue at least until '67, probably later.  But you might have to wait a bit for it to get there!

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 22 September 2013, 13:46:22 »
 :'(  I like to have some of the newer tech, though having such a long story would be nice.  Really nice.

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 22 September 2013, 18:08:02 »
But if you start a saved game then how would you adjust for which of the player's units survived the previous scenarios?

One of the long term goals of MekHQ is the ability to create XML based campaigns that the user would be able to load with preset missions and scenarios where different scenario resolutions would potentially branch you off in a different direction. Its not going to happen on this development cycle though, maybe 0.5.

Sounds like this could be major cool.

We need to be able to load the entire scenario, with the only variables being the status mul change between the different players running thru the series of missions.

You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Register