Author Topic: What Movies Are We Watching: The Flickening.  (Read 140017 times)

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
Re: What Movies Are We Watching: The Flickening.
« Reply #990 on: 05 August 2015, 11:26:14 »
Birdman.

Fun parallels with Michael Keaton's own career.  I wonder if the LA/NYC, Hollywood/Broadway cultural divide is as intense as depicted.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
« Reply #991 on: 06 August 2015, 02:15:02 »
"Chappie." Definitely worth a watch.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #992 on: 06 August 2015, 04:01:57 »
"Necessary Roughness" for the umpteenth time. Still a fun movie, and Kathy Ireland is in it, to boot!

That always made me wonder why MORE US Football teams didn't grab a soccer player for their field goal kicker spot!

It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #993 on: 07 August 2015, 06:45:10 »
Watching Wing Commander. Nice space battle shots, but really nothing else.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #994 on: 07 August 2015, 06:48:54 »

That's the movie with the main character my wife sarcastically labeled "Emotion Boy" because regardless of what's happening in the scene his expression never changes.  ;D
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #995 on: 07 August 2015, 08:51:21 »

Wing commander could have been a LOT better.

Personally i wouldn't mind them rebooting THAT series.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #996 on: 07 August 2015, 09:57:16 »
Wing commander could have been a LOT better.

Personally i wouldn't mind them rebooting THAT series.
As someone who has loved the series since WC2, I kind of have to agree.
The movie itself I don't like, but if they ever decided to reboot the entire title I wouldn't cry.
Honestly I think Privateer should have gotten more love, that would have been a fun spin off series to make a movie for.
No I don't mean Privateer 2, even though that was mostly movie with some video game aspects.  :P
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #997 on: 07 August 2015, 10:56:46 »
That's the movie with the main character my wife sarcastically labeled "Emotion Boy" because regardless of what's happening in the scene his expression never changes.  ;D

Dull surprise, or as Rifftrax put it, "this face intentionally left blank."
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #998 on: 07 August 2015, 13:16:49 »
At Noon on the 8th of August I will be watching SyFys "Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf".

I am assuming that it will be gloriously, amusingly bad like the first two "Sharktopus" movies.

>:D O:-)

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #999 on: 07 August 2015, 18:31:13 »
my youngest who is about to turn two decided all of us will be watching guardians of the galaxy...
hell has no fury like scorned or ignored 2 year old she sat us down told us to watch it..and gads above and below help you if you need to go to the bathroom...
she just wants all of us to watch it with her...and yes she watches it to the end
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1000 on: 08 August 2015, 13:28:09 »
At Noon on the 8th of August I will be watching SyFys "Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf".

I am assuming that it will be gloriously, amusingly bad like the first two "Sharktopus" movies.

>:D O:-)

It was not as entertaining as the others were. I'm not sure what the difference was, but I found myself being bored with it.
That's not something a creature feature movie should ever do!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1001 on: 08 August 2015, 17:34:36 »
The space battles in Wing Commander were great but that was about it. The story was dumb, acting was worse, and if you didn't know a darn thing about Wing Commander anything it was horrible.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1002 on: 08 August 2015, 18:40:07 »
Just re-watched Xmen Days of future past.  Still left with some questions..

1) When styker fished logan out of the Patomic, how did he know he was down there, and why didn't logan die from drowning?
2) How did trask get ahold of all those mutants he had experimented on after Cuba
3) Why is it when logan 'woke up' he didn't remember anything till that time (which actually looked more like close to the end of X3 with how old Bobby and Rogue looked)..?
And lastly..  How did both Scott and Jean get brought back to life?   Did the events of X3 also get erased?

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1003 on: 08 August 2015, 19:55:52 »
moon over parador
tichard dryfus and raul julia are hilarious and play off each other in very rare way and lets not forget johnathan winters as cia contact lol
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1004 on: 08 August 2015, 20:20:46 »
Just re-watched Xmen Days of future past.  Still left with some questions..

1) When styker fished logan out of the Patomic, how did he know he was down there, and why didn't logan die from drowning?

Plot hole.

2) How did trask get ahold of all those mutants he had experimented on after Cuba

He found them hanging out at a 7-11.

3) Why is it when logan 'woke up' he didn't remember anything till that time (which actually looked more like close to the end of X3 with how old Bobby and Rogue looked)..?
And lastly..  How did both Scott and Jean get brought back to life?   Did the events of X3 also get erased?

History was changed, while Logan remembered the world as it had been before he time-traveled.  Quite likely, none of the events of the previous X-Men movies occurred due to changing the past (at the very least, Mystique never joined with Magneto and the Brotherhood).

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #1005 on: 09 August 2015, 03:37:25 »
"Fury" - a very intense movie. In some ways, not a typical Hollywood movie.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1006 on: 09 August 2015, 07:42:09 »
"Fury" - a very intense movie. In some ways, not a typical Hollywood movie.

Fury was a intense movie. Not you standard glory WW2 movie. The fight between Fury and the Tiger at the end was great. I remember seeing the making of the movie and that shot, how they had to modifiy a APC to become the Tiger.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #1007 on: 09 August 2015, 09:18:55 »
Transformers: Age of Extinction.  Great googly moogly, I knew it would be bad but I didn't think it would be painful.

Expendables 3. Not a good movie but still entertaining.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1008 on: 09 August 2015, 11:09:39 »
Bay really seems to be in a competition with himself to see how much worse each subsequent Transformers title is compared to the last.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #1009 on: 09 August 2015, 11:14:47 »
Fury was a intense movie. Not you standard glory WW2 movie. The fight between Fury and the Tiger at the end was great. I remember seeing the making of the movie and that shot, how they had to modifiy a APC to become the Tiger.

According to what I read, the Tiger they fight where it wipes out the other 3 Shermans was the only operational Tiger I tank. It's also the only authentic Tiger tank used in any movie.

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #1010 on: 09 August 2015, 12:19:02 »
Bay really seems to be in a competition with himself to see how much worse each subsequent Transformers title is compared to the last.
Yet he still rakes in millions upon millions of dollars in profits. He's a genius or a madman... or both.  The man produces the kind of drek the masses apparently want to see. 

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1011 on: 09 August 2015, 15:23:47 »

History was changed, while Logan remembered the world as it had been before he time-traveled.  Quite likely, none of the events of the previous X-Men movies occurred due to changing the past (at the very least, Mystique never joined with Magneto and the Brotherhood).

What of the 2 Wolverine movies themselves?  Did they also get 'errased'?

Transformers: Age of Extinction.  Great googly moogly, I knew it would be bad but I didn't think it would be painful.

What about it did you find so bad?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1012 on: 09 August 2015, 16:10:25 »
What of the 2 Wolverine movies themselves?  Did they also get 'errased'?

Wolverine probably still has his metal claws and skeleton, but I wouldn't be surprised if the events of either of them played out differently in the new timeline.

Well, there was the ultra-elite anti-Cybertronian squad that was able to take on 4 million year old warriors and kill them with no casualties, there was the way said 4 million year old warriors rolled over and begged for mercy without much of a fight, there was the angry anti-hero version of Optimus Prime, there was the way the Dinobots were heavily marketed yet barely showed up in the movie (and served more as glorified mounts than actual characters)...

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #1013 on: 09 August 2015, 19:06:13 »
I honestly can't think of a part that I didn't find to be bad.  I watch Pixar and (new) Disney movies with my kids all the time and love them.  Those are written for the whole family and contain interesting/witty dialog plus humor for adults and children.  In my opinion, Bay makes the TF movies only for children... young children.  There isn't an ounce of intelligent dialog or action that I can remember.  It's big explodey things, adults saying things that young children think adults say, and a scene specifically staged to explain Texas' "Romeo and Juliet" law... which is kind of creepy considering the target audience.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1014 on: 09 August 2015, 19:40:34 »
According to what I read, the Tiger they fight where it wipes out the other 3 Shermans was the only operational Tiger I tank. It's also the only authentic Tiger tank used in any movie.

I just remember watching some "making of Fury" TV show. They modified some APC to use at the Tiger. But reading more about it. That was the last working Tiger.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1015 on: 10 August 2015, 14:55:11 »
Wolverine probably still has his metal claws and skeleton, but I wouldn't be surprised if the events of either of them played out differently in the new timeline.

Well, there was the ultra-elite anti-Cybertronian squad that was able to take on 4 million year old warriors and kill them with no casualties, there was the way said 4 million year old warriors rolled over and begged for mercy without much of a fight, there was the angry anti-hero version of Optimus Prime, there was the way the Dinobots were heavily marketed yet barely showed up in the movie (and served more as glorified mounts than actual characters)...

On the Anti-TF squad, it was to ME not strange they didn't fight back (well ratchet at least) as Prime in the 3 other movies kept harping on that "we don't harm humans" angle AND rachet is a medic.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1016 on: 10 August 2015, 15:09:50 »
something i had not seen since i used to live in europe
la linea
a bunch of animated shorts that rally have to be watched to be appreciated
sadly state side no one seems to even heard of it....as i see it its their loss
showed it to my oldest youngling she was in stiches just watching the little guy being tormented by his creator and vice versa

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1017 on: 10 August 2015, 16:01:32 »
On the Anti-TF squad, it was to ME not strange they didn't fight back (well ratchet at least) as Prime in the 3 other movies kept harping on that "we don't harm humans" angle AND rachet is a medic.

The "we don't harm humans" was from when the humans weren't attacking them.  In other media the Transformers have had no problems fighting back against humans who were attacking them, even using lethal force in a few instances.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1018 on: 11 August 2015, 17:27:11 »
The "we don't harm humans" was from when the humans weren't attacking them.  In other media the Transformers have had no problems fighting back against humans who were attacking them, even using lethal force in a few instances.

I don't remember that many incidences in the comics where autobots used force let alone lethal force against humans..

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1019 on: 11 August 2015, 17:33:45 »
I don't remember that many incidences in the comics where autobots used force let alone lethal force against humans..

There weren't many, but they did happen a couple of times.  It was a bit more prevalent in IDW's run before the story permanently abandoned Earth, since there was an entire arc where the humans turned out to be the bad guys who were trying to reverse engineer Cybertronian tech.  Jazz shot and killed a human who was trying to kill Bumblebee, for one.  He got in trouble for it, but even Prime agreed that it was ultimately a necessary action.

Register