Author Topic: The Art of War: Home of the Capellan Confederation!  (Read 149467 times)

Nikodemius

• Recruit
Re: The Art of War: Home of the Capellan Confederation!
« Reply #960 on: 22 May 2024, 03:38:56 »
What i like about CCAF :

Big MACs :)

(Been one in the AOL MPBT game for some time)

Right now im trying to play Cappies on tabletop BT and it feels kinda awkward sometimes/which faction limited choice u have xD

Anyone knows which MAC regiment achieved the most Victorys / what they usually used ?
« Last Edit: 22 May 2024, 09:23:39 by Nikodemius »

bwulf37@gmail.com

• Recruit
« Reply #961 on: 22 May 2024, 07:35:11 »
The Capellan Confederation!
"Doing more with less for nearly 30 generations!"

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #962 on: 22 May 2024, 16:38:40 »
Anyone knows which MAC regiment achieved the most Victorys / what they usually used ?
I feel like most examples early on w/ the MAC have them deploying as a brigade w/o a lot of single regiment storyline.

As for what they used......well,  its a cappie unit so, by default...... Vindicators, Vindicators, & when you run out, some MORE Vindicators.  :evil:
Vindicator Lances are truly scary, its basically the best Trooper mech of the SW era.
Solo, meh, groups of them, nasty.  And obviously they aren't beating up on Stalkers, but for a Medium Lance, beasty.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #963 on: 22 May 2024, 21:53:18 »
What i like about CCAF :

Right now im trying to play Cappies on tabletop BT and it feels kinda awkward sometimes/which faction limited choice u have xD

Biased opinion, but I'd say it's easily the 2nd Regiment. Marcus Barton would go smash up enemy fortresses just because they existed, and that was unacceptable to him. Years later, they became the favored regiment of Marcus Baxter, Archie McCarron's son Rhamses, and then with Danai Centrella-Liao.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Nikodemius

• Recruit
« Reply #964 on: 23 May 2024, 04:20:34 »
Where can i check out what mechs were usually used/available for which house/Unit apart from MUL?

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #965 on: 23 May 2024, 04:45:10 »
RATs aren't considered canon representations of the makeup of various forces, but they give a flavor of what each force would be like.  They can help if you need to come up with a factional list in a hurry and aren't too concerned with the results.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #966 on: 24 May 2024, 05:06:36 »
So... I feel obliged to be the voice of warning, the information we have right now suggests that with the release of Ilkhan's eyes only the Big MAC may be leaving Capellan service to go mercenary again (presumably taking a contract with the combine)
The Suns will shine again

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #967 on: 25 May 2024, 01:46:44 »
Although we also don't know if the whole Brigade or just parts of it are going back to the mercenary life.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #968 on: 25 May 2024, 09:26:53 »
Although we also don't know if the whole Brigade or just parts of it are going back to the mercenary life.
The whole brigade is highly unlikely, especially since the MASK should have had them tightly under wraps to begin with after the failures and events of the Highlanders and defection of the Tikonov Republic. This is already a catastrophic intelligence failure for them.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #969 on: 25 May 2024, 11:05:58 »
The whole brigade is highly unlikely, especially since the MASK should have had them tightly under wraps to begin with after the failures and events of the Highlanders and defection of the Tikonov Republic. This is already a catastrophic intelligence failure for them.

True, but anything that weakens a rival is good.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #970 on: 25 May 2024, 14:09:22 »
assuming it isn't part of some intentional plan on the part of the Capcon.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #971 on: 25 May 2024, 15:36:16 »
assuming it isn't part of some intentional plan on the part of the Capcon.

Honestly, given Daoshen's execution of Xavier McCarron and blatant snubbing of Cyrus in favor of Danai, I think it's a pretty safe assumption.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #972 on: 26 May 2024, 13:05:17 »
Honestly, given Daoshen's execution of Xavier McCarron and blatant snubbing of Cyrus in favor of Danai, I think it's a pretty safe assumption.

Given that the authorial intent seems to be to really make this the "era of the mercenary" I find myself wondering if other citizen's honoured units will go merc, looking at them the only ones I could legit see doing so would be lockhart's ironsides and the tau ceti Lancers, that said I mostly brought this up as a caution of "I'd hold off paitning up MAC specificly if you're specificly a CAPELLAN fan right now"

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #973 on: 26 May 2024, 15:23:17 »
We may also see two MACs one in the Capellans and one in the Draconis Combine.  Similar to how there are 4-5 Eridani Light Horse factions in the 3150.  As for units like the Tau Ceti Lancers unless there is a full blown (Free Worlds League style) civil war I doubt we will see a huge number of Capellans going merc.

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #974 on: 28 May 2024, 03:12:21 »
We may also see two MACs one in the Capellans and one in the Draconis Combine.  Similar to how there are 4-5 Eridani Light Horse factions in the 3150.  As for units like the Tau Ceti Lancers unless there is a full blown (Free Worlds League style) civil war I doubt we will see a huge number of Capellans going merc.

More likely if the MAC has some parts staying at home what'll spark the MAC leaving is Daoshen stupidly renaming the unit to the "Liao Armored Cavalry" or something

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #975 on: 28 May 2024, 06:10:28 »
I feel like if only portions of the Big MAC leave then Daoshen will try to have what remains in the CC executed.

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #976 on: 28 May 2024, 09:00:10 »
I feel like if only portions of the Big MAC leave then Daoshen will try to have what remains in the CC executed.

That’s assuming Daoshen is still in charge by the end of that. Also, Danai might be leading the remaining MAC against those fleeing. Her actions may spare the remainder

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #977 on: 28 May 2024, 14:27:43 »
Big Mac civil war. Sounds funny

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #978 on: 28 May 2024, 16:29:17 »
That’s assuming Daoshen is still in charge by the end of that. Also, Danai might be leading the remaining MAC against those fleeing. Her actions may spare the remainder

Here's a fun prediction...
The MAC kills Daoshen, and flees to the Combine

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #979 on: 28 May 2024, 17:10:05 »
I can't put my finger on it, but I don't see the MAC splintering.  My gut tells me the whole organization leaves.  Don't know how Danai's regiment will fit in to that.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #980 on: 28 May 2024, 18:42:34 »
The landhold Menke is pretty major as well. Should be interesting to see how that goes.

Grizzly

• Master Sergeant
  • Average Liao Enjoyer
« Reply #981 on: 28 May 2024, 21:53:48 »
What i like about CCAF :

Any particular era?

"I checked the [MUL] log, and it says that you--specifically--broke it." -Greekfire

Check out my tribute to the CCAF at www.instagram.com/average_liao_enjoyer/

MWO handle: Grizlie
Mercenaries Kickstarter backer #268