Author Topic: Active TSM  (Read 1660 times)

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Active TSM
« on: 27 March 2014, 22:07:54 »
So yeah I would like feedback on this and balancing help

The reasoning for such a high heat spike is the fact the units store massive amounts of heat, but funnel it to where it is needed, if you crit it, it unleashes the heat immediately.

Thanks!!!!!

<b>Active TSM</b>

Active TSM is an advancement in myomer technology that has only recently gone into testing. By installing a central heating unit and placing heat exchanges in the arms, legs and each side torso the mech can gain the same abilities of TSM at all times.

Game notes: Active TSM generates 9 extra heat per turn. Central Heating unit takes up 2 slots and weight 2 tons no matter the mech. Each Arm, Leg and side torso gets a critical spot taken by a heat exchange. If the Central heating unit is hit by a critical it explodes for 5 points of damage and 18 heat, an exchange is 1 damage and 9 heat.

Not compatible with Stealth armor, Null Sig, Chameleon LPS and Void Signature System or SuperHeavy Mechs.
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

CloaknDagger

• Major
Re: Active TSM
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2014, 23:06:00 »
I like this, heat resistant armor might be useful and infernos and plasma will be even more prevalent if this is common.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2014, 17:33:21 »
I like this, heat resistant armor might be useful and infernos and plasma will be even more prevalent if this is common.

Thanks

You get the benefits of TSM, but at a price, that being more heat, but hey all good.
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2014, 06:47:43 »
I like the concept.
Though I would probably prefer the extra half ton for 3 ER Smalls and a medium, and just fire them every turn no matter what.
I think it would some sort of other advantage.
Maybe if it's so advanced, it needs less heat? Say, 7?
Damn, I still haven't gotten used to the green bar when searching for my posts.
Edit: It might get you into problems with superlight engines, too.
Maybe generate less, but set a minimum that it doesn't go under?
« Last Edit: 06 April 2014, 06:49:20 by UnLimiTeD »
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

Register