Author Topic: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza  (Read 159582 times)

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Reply #510 on: 29 July 2020, 08:33:46 »
The Clan might be dead but its influence continues even in new products.

We get a mention in the new Spotlight on Thermo Police a Nova Cat descendant serves alongside them
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #511 on: 29 July 2020, 09:40:13 »
How much of a Nova Cat is he still, though?
Summary for someone who doesnt have it?

Back to the Vision Quest: From other spoilers, looks to be a Gauss Rifle, 2 ERLL, and a brace of SPL. And 12 DHS so...not to bad. Not sure why it died out.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #512 on: 29 July 2020, 09:56:10 »

Virtually not at all to be honest, in name and in blood only he was born in 3010 so by current timeline likely gone.  He was a freeborn son of members of the Clan's Intelser which was the precursor to the Dragoons mission.

Given how little Intelser is mentioned it's a nice mention and another link to the Nova Cat's past and their actions with the Clans.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #513 on: 30 July 2020, 08:51:43 »

Back to the Vision Quest: From other spoilers, looks to be a Gauss Rifle, 2 ERLL, and a brace of SPL. And 12 DHS so...not to bad. Not sure why it died out.
I suspect the devil will be in the details. 
Maybe rise of the OmniMech maybe a factor. Maybe it's speed isn't good enough.  Maybe it has design quirks like weak superstructure or the MechWarrior's built in potty backs up too much no one wants to be piloting that thing.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #514 on: 30 July 2020, 19:42:42 »
You guys have seen the CSO Diorama for this year on Facebook, yes? Depicts part of the Nova Cat combat drop near Tost on Tukayyid, and looks damned good. Personally I feel they missed an opportunity to depict the Jaguar Grenadiers' charge down the Dinju Pass, but I'm somewhat partial.  :D

Like the Jaguars, the Cats are still alive in well in this Clan Invasion Kickstarter period we find ourselves in.  :thumbsup:
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #515 on: 30 July 2020, 19:50:52 »
The mini battle and DropShip look great

James Bedford

• Private
  • Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!
    • OH and MD Mechwarrior group
« Reply #516 on: 02 August 2020, 08:50:24 »
Paladin Tyrina Drummond is mentioned in Rock of the Republic, so we can assume there's probably some Nova Cat enclaves still in Fortress Republic.
Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #517 on: 03 August 2020, 03:32:34 »
Paladin Tyrina Drummond is mentioned in Rock of the Republic, so we can assume there's probably some Nova Cat enclaves still in Fortress Republic.

I think Tyrina Drummond was one of the original or second generation Paladins she's been around for a few books I think so is hardcore Republic.

From TRO Golden Century the Vision Quest is a nice Mech even if the last one has a sad end... running theme among Nova Cat Mechs unfortunately.

Fortunately the Nova Cats/Clan Protectorate gets a decent mention in the reintroduced Lupus OmniMech too

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #518 on: 03 August 2020, 04:31:46 »
And a whole heavy aerospace fighter.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #519 on: 03 August 2020, 11:07:35 »
And a whole heavy aerospace fighter.

;D I hadn't forgotten about that decent bird nice art too

James Bedford

• Private
  • Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!
« Reply #520 on: 03 August 2020, 18:06:39 »
I asked Blaine Lee Pardoe if Tyrina Drummond being named-dropped in Rock of the Republic was just needing a random Paladin or if it was a sign of things to come, his response;

"Tyrina will be back"
Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!

Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #521 on: 04 August 2020, 13:59:31 »
Finally had a chance to go over TRO Golden Century. I do like the looks of the Qasar, but did we need an 80 ton Visigoth with less fuel? It's like the aerospace equivalent of a Charger. 

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #522 on: 04 August 2020, 15:52:29 »
Predates the Visigoth.
Yes it is like a Charger, though a Gargoyle is a closer comparison.
It needs a reason for extinction. Would you rather functional but grossly inefficient, or it has bloody single heatsinks?
Most variants can deliver 50-60 points of damage without wincing on the heat scale too badly. That does counter the light armor a bit.

« Last Edit: 04 August 2020, 16:54:45 by Jellico »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #523 on: 04 August 2020, 16:05:19 »
If you had the fighters that can dogfight and distract the Qaser would make a decent anti-ship/strike craft fly in cause a lot of damage on target then bug out to refuel

James Bedford

• Private
  • Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!
« Reply #524 on: 04 August 2020, 16:53:13 »
Just throwing this out there, but I recently compiled all the old Dark Age fiction stories that were on the now-defunct Wizkids website in one handy-dandy PDF.  I post in this thread about it because several of these short stories feature Spirit Cat characters.  When I say short however, I mean what I say, some of them are only a few pages at most.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=70451.msg1638415#new
Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #525 on: 05 August 2020, 14:40:34 »
If you had the fighters that can dogfight and distract the Qaser would make a decent anti-ship/strike craft fly in cause a lot of damage on target then bug out to refuel
That's thanks more to clan weapon efficiencies though. Wish we refittted it a bit when we brought it back into production. Not sure how I'd improve it while keeping it's Qasar'ness, though. Swap in Ferro Aluminum?

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #526 on: 05 August 2020, 15:42:41 »
Check the Kublai.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #527 on: 06 August 2020, 11:33:19 »
Without just copy/pasting the DCs variant, I mean.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #528 on: 07 August 2020, 06:09:42 »
I asked Blaine Lee Pardoe if Tyrina Drummond being named-dropped in Rock of the Republic was just needing a random Paladin or if it was a sign of things to come, his response;

"Tyrina will be back"
Well since Devlin returned, she pestering him daily apparently.
« Last Edit: 28 August 2020, 19:19:28 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #529 on: 10 August 2020, 08:56:49 »
The vision quest is gorgeous. David White strikes again.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #530 on: 11 August 2020, 02:59:30 »
Gorgeous, but a pain in the arse for me to draw
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #531 on: 11 August 2020, 07:47:59 »
The vision quest is gorgeous. David White strikes again.
I do miss the lack of a "like" button right now.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #532 on: 28 August 2020, 12:29:35 »
The Nova Cats did not make use of ProtoMechs, right? Outside some initial testing?
Just thinking that with their post-Jihad resource shortage, ProtoMechs would've made sense for them...

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #533 on: 28 August 2020, 13:01:29 »
The Nova Cats did not make use of ProtoMechs, right? Outside some initial testing?
Just thinking that with their post-Jihad resource shortage, ProtoMechs would've made sense for them...

I think their resource shortage may have also been in Warriors particularly Trueborn Aerospace. The Jihad wasn't kind to anything but definitely harsh on the Spaceborne Forces

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #534 on: 28 August 2020, 13:21:39 »

The only Clan that currently seems to make extensive use of ProtoMechs appears to be the Ravens. Other Clans...notably the Horses...use them to a lesser degree, but their use appears to be declining even amongst the Ravens.
« Last Edit: 28 August 2020, 16:51:57 by Talen5000 »
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #535 on: 28 August 2020, 15:00:49 »
TRO Prototypes has the Satyr-XP, a Nova Cat ProtoMech. Much of the entry discusses the few ProtoMechs in the Nova Cat ranks. Here's a selection from the beginning
When Clan Nova Cat found itself cast out of the Homeworlds, it found its nascent ProtoMech program cut off at its proverbial knees. What few production models existed straggled their way to the Nova Cats’ new home in the Draconis Combine’s Irece Prefecture. Combat loss and time whittled down the surviving ProtoMechs that to barely a Trinary.

While the Nova Cats had the capability to revamp production on Irece to build new models, Khan Santin West believed it a waste of the Clan’s resources. Because ProtoMech pilots came exclusively from the aerospace Phenotype, and required major surgery to implant the necessary enhanced imaging tattoos, the Nova Cats were loathe to strip their already-depleted aerospace cadres to pilot these specialty ground units.

As such, the few Satyr ProtoMechs possessed by the Nova Cats—which made up the bulk of the Clan’s ProtoMech arsenal—were restricted to insertion and reconnaissance roles, often used in raids over the shared border with Clan Ghost Bear. Because the Clan Council did not see the program as a viable avenue of weaponry, ProtoMech pilots were volunteers only, usually those aerospace pilots deemed too old for active duty or those injured in combat or training exercises.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #536 on: 28 August 2020, 19:20:56 »
Eeesh, talk about slam against the ProtoMech concept.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #537 on: 28 August 2020, 19:36:45 »
... I'm not sure i've ever looked at TRO Prototypes entry on the Satyr. And i like the TRO. Guess i need to get around reading every single entry.

Right. I guess the Nova Cats had a point there. Presumably if they had had more personnel available, things could've been different. I guess the Smoke Jaguars were more strapped for material resources than personnel when they created ProtoMechs.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #538 on: 28 August 2020, 20:55:28 »
From what i read, Protomechs didn't do good sales for the game. So their being phased out. The Hell's Horses are only ones we know of that use them in the Inner Sphere.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #539 on: 28 August 2020, 20:58:23 »
From what i read, Protomechs didn't do good sales for the game. So their being phased out. The Hell's Horses are only ones we know of that use them in the Inner Sphere.

Horses and Ravens.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Register