Author Topic: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza  (Read 161062 times)

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Reply #90 on: 01 August 2014, 11:01:57 »
I almost went a similar way, as my maternal grandmother's maiden name is a Coyote bloodname, and yes, I'm just that much of a nerd to think "Ooh, matrilineal link!" Unfortunately, the 'yotes never held my interest, which is sad because purely fluff-wise they're an okay fit for my personality. Their 'Mechs, however, left me feeling more "meh" than "yay," which I'm sure will have many people screaming blasphemy at me, but 'tis the truth.

Ironically enough, in keeping with that idea, Clan Mongoose has two bloodnamed warriors, side by side, that fit my mother and her favorite brother's names. One even has a surname that's close to their own. Good thing/unfortunately the Mongooses are already dead, so...

If I went with the maternal link thing I'd get Andrews... Was that one exclusive?
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
« Reply #91 on: 01 August 2014, 11:13:02 »
It's entirely possible that she died of old age and natural causes after being incinerated by a WMD.

I say it's possible, but who really knows for sure?  A lot of Nova Cats died suddenly during the last mass extermination attempt.  But that's old news now and nobody ever got an accurate body count.

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #92 on: 01 August 2014, 11:20:17 »
Pretty sure the Field Manual - ComStar had Biccon Winters joining the Second Star League's military planning staff.  If that's the case, she probably bit the dust in the Jihad.  When in doubt, blame the Jihad ;)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #93 on: 01 August 2014, 14:25:58 »
Pretty sure the Field Manual - ComStar had Biccon Winters joining the Second Star League's military planning staff.  If that's the case, she probably bit the dust in the Jihad.  When in doubt, blame the Jihad ;)

Like I said, "Old Age and Natural Causes right after the detonation of the nearest relevant Weapon of Mass Destruction."

It is most convenient and plausible, and expedient without any further explanation.  Is there any other way for a Storyline Character to bite the dust after forty years of strenuous inactivity?

GC

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #94 on: 01 August 2014, 14:42:52 »
It's entirely possible that she died of old age and natural causes after being incinerated by a WMD.
I actually DID post the question on Ask the Writers once. They didn't really know either.  ;D I'd link the post but I cant find the thing now. I'm assuming it was pre-forum wipe.

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #95 on: 02 August 2014, 01:01:44 »
I like to think Biccon didn't die, so much as go off into the universe to find a way of purifying her, shall we say "spotty," record of vision interpretation. Honestly though, I'm okay with never knowing. Sometimes people just fade into the ether, leaving us to wonder what final adventure they sought before whatever fate had in store for them. She was always one of the most tortured and enigmatic characters in the BattleTech universe, and not in an annoying way, either.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Being tactful in audacity is knowing how far one can go too far."
Jean Cocteau

The Once & Future WiseOldNovaCat

Nekoryu

• Master Sergeant
  • All Good Things Come In Cans; Even People!
    • The Plano Mechwarrior and Battletech Guild
« Reply #96 on: 02 August 2014, 20:49:15 »
Only reason I was asking is because it may have some rather large bearing on a large event for the Clan in our timeline.

Also...who was Loremaster before Biccon?
So, now the Thor has TWO really angry nipple piercings. - Zerokei
He fell over, is on fire and now he's been karate-kicked in the face. Is the dancing on his chest really neccessary? - GM

The Plano MechWarrior and BattleTech Guild: Join Us On Facebook!

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #97 on: 03 August 2014, 20:44:33 »
Also...who was Loremaster before Biccon?

Not a clue. Biccon was the first mentioned in Invading Clans, and the only one ever referenced up until they took the snake runt in as their own. Unless they decide to publish a Field Manual-style book about the pre-Invasion era of the Clans, I doubt we'll ever know.

Jean Cocteau

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #98 on: 03 August 2014, 20:51:51 »
Not a clue. Biccon was the first mentioned in Invading Clans, and the only one ever referenced up until they took the snake runt in as their own. Unless they decide to publish a Field Manual-style book about the pre-Invasion era of the Clans, I doubt we'll ever know.

The Revival Trials may shed light on it although I think Winters was in the job a while
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Nekoryu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #99 on: 04 August 2014, 08:01:05 »
Eh, I was needing to know who was Loremaster as early as 3029. I'll see if I can find Biccon's age and extrapolate from there. Then just make up some random dude/dudette if I need a Loremaster pre-Biccon for my fanfic.
He fell over, is on fire and now he's been karate-kicked in the face. Is the dancing on his chest really neccessary? - GM

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #100 on: 04 August 2014, 12:27:10 »
Friendly reminder... Biccon Winters was the Nova Cat's Oathmaster, not Loremaster.
Although for CNC purposes, it's much the same job.

Nekoryu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #101 on: 04 August 2014, 16:45:55 »
Blargh, there I go again.

Katwylder slapped me on the wrist on Skype a while back because I mistakenly thought that the common language in the IS was called Basic. Helloooooo wrong sci fi. *facedesk*

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #102 on: 04 August 2014, 18:21:50 »
Blargh, there I go again.

Katwylder slapped me on the wrist on Skype a while back because I mistakenly thought that the common language in the IS was called Basic. Helloooooo wrong sci fi. *facedesk*

Yup yup although Basic English is likely spoken throughout the IS as a trade language  O0
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Nekoryu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #103 on: 05 August 2014, 08:08:11 »
I was actually going to ask if the IS has a universal trade language...

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #104 on: 05 August 2014, 10:34:22 »
Probably German or French.  Time to bring back the original Lingua Franca  ;D

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #105 on: 05 August 2014, 10:58:19 »
I'd think English on account of it being the primary of the Free Worlds League and the secondary or unofficial of large batches of the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns.  Star League English being the clan standard, as well.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #106 on: 05 August 2014, 16:30:34 »
I'd think English on account of it being the primary of the Free Worlds League and the secondary or unofficial of large batches of the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns.  Star League English being the clan standard, as well.

This. English was the language of the Star League (descended itself from Canadian English), and the great bulk of the worlds colonized in the Inner Sphere were done under the auspices of the Star League or one of its subcontractors. Probably include basic functionality in Japanese, French, German, Swedish, Russian, or Mandarin depending on what part of the Inner Sphere "compass" the traders were working in. Also, based on what I'm remembering, Portuguese is/was fairly common among spacers, and for some reason I want to say Dutch was also common as well. Don't quote me on the last two, but that's just what's coming to mind.

Jean Cocteau

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #107 on: 05 August 2014, 17:00:07 »
A shame proper Canadian spelling didn't survive ;)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #108 on: 05 August 2014, 17:07:10 »
I have this sudden urge to paint a Wolverine II in SLDF colors with "bub" and "eh" scrawled somewhere on it...
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Nekoryu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #109 on: 05 August 2014, 17:10:23 »
DOO EET. :D

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #110 on: 05 August 2014, 17:57:55 »
I have this sudden urge to paint a Wolverine II in SLDF colors with "bub" and "eh" scrawled somewhere on it...

ARGH!! I'd need to destroy that Mech if I saw it the Not Named has no place here

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #111 on: 06 August 2014, 23:56:42 »

Only if you promise to paint a Phoenix Hawk in yellow, red, and blue; an Atlas all in green with purple accents; and a Cyclops in blue and yellow.

Jean Cocteau

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #112 on: 07 August 2014, 00:18:31 »
Only if you promise to paint a Phoenix Hawk in yellow, red, and blue; an Atlas all in green with purple accents; and a Cyclops in blue and yellow.

Am I a bad person for seriously considering doing this?

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #113 on: 07 August 2014, 06:07:24 »
I think someone already has, actually. I remember seeing some of those in the mini's section.

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #114 on: 10 August 2014, 22:03:31 »
I step away from the site for a few months, and you all go an open a new Cave. Took me a while to find my way here. }:)
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #115 on: 10 August 2014, 23:06:39 »
I step away from the site for a few months, and you all go an open a new Cave. Took me a while to find my way here. }:)

Welcome back now beware of the BRAAAAIIINS!!!! BRAAAAIIINS!!! Guys they are harmless really

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #116 on: 11 August 2014, 07:04:03 »
Brains. Cookies. They're all the same, right?

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #117 on: 11 August 2014, 07:15:03 »
Brains are sweeter and not as crunchy unless you deep fry them. ;)
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #118 on: 11 August 2014, 07:20:33 »
As long as we get to Dance, it's all good.

GC

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #119 on: 11 August 2014, 07:43:33 »
Brains. Cookies. They're all the same, right?
Only if you sprinkle the brains with raisins.

Register