Author Topic: [IC] TOW - LAAF CIO - Port Moseby  (Read 29479 times)

Sichr

• Corporal
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA, ZMRDI!!!
Re: [IC] TOW - LAAF CIO - Port Moseby
« Reply #90 on: 03 October 2014, 05:45:40 »
Sendai reporting in. Air recon completed. Sensor scans negative. Reaching LZ in 43 secs. Sending sensor readings for comparation with previous satelite data. You eant another circle or should I ground the bird for now? Over.
[Sensor Data package]
Don`t cry because it`s over. Smile because it happened!

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
  • prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #91 on: 03 October 2014, 07:43:59 »
He then continued his way, went up the stairs and knocked on the doctor's door. "Doctor Meier. It's Albert. I'd like to talk with you about some security concerns for this evening.", he said through the door.
The doctor had been spooked enough to worry about Minerva's potential involvement with LIC, but Albert hoped he'd managed to keep himself distanced from her enough for that not to reflect on him too.

Thorsten opened the doors. Yes? His voice is stern, he made no gesture to invite you to the room.

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #92 on: 03 October 2014, 15:11:38 »
In the meantime Minerva is back in her room. She contacts the LIC HQ and gives them the code word that she is not talking under duress. Then it is time to brief them about situation. First, she tells them that Horst has changed his plans and intends to move with his own DropShip, yet at the same time he has told her he does not want to go to Tharkad. He has also indicated he wants to travel with her. This is perfectly alright to her.

The question is, does LIC accept this or do we need to do something about it?

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #93 on: 04 October 2014, 02:31:01 »
Albert answered the chatter radio first. Putting on a little show for the spectators never hurt. Comms: "Negative, Wings. Set her down for now, make sure she's ready to take off asap and RTB. Don't want to be flying on fumes should we need evac or air support. Doc Out."
He then turned his attention to the doctor.
"Doctor Meier, let me be frank with you. I'm not exactly sure what just happened at the dinner table and I don't give a damn. I've been hired for security and that's all I care about tonight.
Now in order to do my job, I need to know where everyone is, so I don't run to the wrong place if something happens. And, of course, I've also beefed up the security systems a little bit, including your doors, and I don't want anybody inadvertently triggering alarms and starting a panic. So I'm going to need you to stay in your room tonight, okay? "

He also asked the doctor what Horst had told him about what was going on and whether he would be joining him on his flight tomorrow.

Albert cleared his throat.
"Also, I have some additional concerns about Mister Horst's safety... but I don't really think that's a topic to talk about standing in a hallway.", he said a little bit more quietly, his eyes and head suggestively gesturing to the inside of the room.
« Last Edit: 04 October 2014, 04:05:20 by Xzylvador »

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #94 on: 04 October 2014, 04:30:46 »
Copy. Meet you in a mess hall. Wings out.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #95 on: 04 October 2014, 11:48:06 »
Albert answered the chatter radio first. Putting on a little show for the spectators never hurt. Comms: "Negative, Wings. Set her down for now, make sure she's ready to take off asap and RTB. Don't want to be flying on fumes should we need evac or air support. Doc Out."
He then turned his attention to the doctor.
"Doctor Meier, let me be frank with you. I'm not exactly sure what just happened at the dinner table and I don't give a damn. I've been hired for security and that's all I care about tonight.
Now in order to do my job, I need to know where everyone is, so I don't run to the wrong place if something happens. And, of course, I've also beefed up the security systems a little bit, including your doors, and I don't want anybody inadvertently triggering alarms and starting a panic. So I'm going to need you to stay in your room tonight, okay? "

He also asked the doctor what Horst had told him about what was going on and whether he would be joining him on his flight tomorrow.

Albert cleared his throat.
"Also, I have some additional concerns about Mister Horst's safety... but I don't really think that's a topic to talk about standing in a hallway.", he said a little bit more quietly, his eyes and head suggestively gesturing to the inside of the room.

I'll stay in my room, unless Kelvin calls me... I don't want to talk to you. Good night. He said in the same hard spelled English. The door closed.

Quote from: occ
If you want to stop them from closing you'll need to REF attribute check (2d6+REF @ 12) MoS 0 would be enough.

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #96 on: 05 October 2014, 08:27:12 »
"Listen, I'm no-" Albert's hand shot out to keep the doctor from shutting the door but he wasn't quick enough to prevent it and instead his hand slammed painfully into the door. Biting back a curse, he turned around and headed for the security room.

Comms: "These people really aren't very cooperative. I'll be monitoring the sensors in the security room."

Walking into the security room, he nodded at Dermot and took place on a chair. "So, tell me what I'm looking at.", he said, looking at the array of monitors in front of him.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #97 on: 07 October 2014, 04:49:02 »
3 July 2067, 1545 UTT
122/249 PY 0230/1845 PT
Port Moseby,  Horstwald 20 km north of Feintuch

The rest of the evening passed uneventfully.  If not for the constant tension from Dermot, you'd believe that it's all going to end that way and for the most part you're quietly speculating on where Horst might be heading to, what is inside the package.

Henning was also present so that limited you a bit in your comments, but he kept to Dermot's second chair for most of the time. Meier kept to his room ... mostly. At one point on the camera observing the corridor, you've seen him poking out of the room and then he went out. He seemed to be checking if anybody is nearby his doors, noticing nobody around he went down to the kitchen, and then lower toward the vault. But he didn't crossed the tripwire there, few seconds later with a bottle in hand he returned to the room. Horst himself seems to have fallen asleep. He left microphone on. But even so at one point you caught a ring of the phone and the microphone went off for a minute. Horst went to bed again.

The minutes passed, then hours and then the lights went out. Along muttered curses Dermot scrambled for the large lever on the wall and pulled it.

Most of the equipment flickered off. Usually maintaining state while switching to batteries. Some of the computers and monitors that didn't rely on batteries restarted themselves about five seconds later when backup generators kicked in the remaining monitors went online again.

The sensors reported nothing and Henning was already on the phone call to the power plant. After a minute he put loudspeaker on ..., like I said, a power station nearby the Horstwald was overloaded and went out. It's a blackout domino effect, we're not sure yet of the origin, but I'll let you know when we trace it. One of the lines powering the SpacePort was overloaded. When the splitting station turned off automatically to avoid overload, the others had burned out due to the excessive power that hasn't been routed. We had five stations out before secondary high-power line balanced the power levels. The teams are already dispatched, and by morning situation will return to normal. ... this is unexpected and we are sorry for inconvenience, but things like that happen, especially lately with that massive upgrade of SpacePort infrastructure.... Dermot muted the phone. vie der vardammt Holle, he says it's normal, routine service outage. never happened before, gut that we have the backups. They should last 48 hours, but weren't tested too rigorously.

Whatever they've told you, you knew that it is it. For some reason Henning took out the pistol and checked it but didn't holster it back. Whatever was going to happen it has just started and there was no coincidence... or was it?

Quote from: ooc
Red is with you in the control room. I'll be NPCing her

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #98 on: 07 October 2014, 05:33:05 »
After the dinner Wings returned to cockpit and finds comfortable possition in the pulot seat, feet on the dashboard. When the lights went out, he wasnt sure for a second if he didnt fell asleep, but with complex running back online he realizes it is the world that something is wrong with. Zhe rest was a routine. Engine - check
Navcom - check
weapon systems - check
Sensors -2d6=8, 2d6=8+2=10
« Last Edit: 08 October 2014, 07:57:37 by Sichr »

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #99 on: 07 October 2014, 16:46:36 »
Albert wasn't a big believer in coincidences, double so when there was a reason to be suspect. He immediately had his rifle at the ready and stood up, his eyes on the monitors that were still up. The sensors and monitors his team had set up were battery powered and had enough juice to last a day, but he was well aware they only provided cover close proximity to the mansion. Depending on the power of their opposition, it could be too close.
"Sarge, where's your generator?"

"Wings, what's your status? Anything on sensors? "

The Kommandant took a few steps backward toward the door and beckoned Red. "Red, stay sharp, keep an eye on the monitors.", he ordered her. But behind Henning's back, the gesture he made with his head and his eyes made it clear she was to watch the men as well as the monitors. He nodded as she put her hand on her sidearm.
Albert checked the readings from the sensors once before announcing, "I'm going to check out the perimeter, keep me updated."

He stepped into the hallway but didn't move far yet, instead pausing to look down the stairs and the corridors while deciding whether or not to wake Horst. Not yet, he decided. Instead, he moved towards Minerva's room and opened the door. Albert wasn't sure whether to expect her armed and ready or sound asleep; couldn't even be certain she had her radio on. Civilians... He'd need to remind her to give sitreps more often.

Sensor Operations (2d6+3=10)
Perception (2d6+3=6)

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #100 on: 07 October 2014, 17:18:59 »
He stepped into the hallway but didn't move far yet, instead pausing to look down the stairs and the corridors while deciding whether or not to wake Horst. Not yet, he decided. Instead, he moved towards Minerva's room and opened the door. Albert wasn't sure whether to expect her armed and ready or sound asleep; couldn't even be certain she had her radio on. Civilians... He'd need to remind her to give sitreps more often.

Minerva was most certainly up. She had been working on and on about legal structures and background of Horst's business empire looking the answer for elusive yet all important question of ... WHY. She did kept the communication ready as she had been waiting for staff geniuses of LIC HQ to answer.

Since there has been a possibility of an attack to mansion she has done some serious preparing for it. She has changed to a dark jogging suit that is just perfect to midnight running and sensible wall climbing shoes with soft rubber soles. Next to her are black gloves to protect her hands should it become necessary to do something extraordinary and a woolen cap to hide her perfect hair (and possibly even face when necessary. However, none of this is obvious to anyone opening the door as she also has put a very bright silk scarf (with pattern of her family crest) around her neck. Underneath she wears turtleneck and there is also a small backpack with just enough gear for serious exercise like space blanket and water bottle and small snacks. As a matter of fact, she looks like as if she was a young successful business woman or noble lady just pondering on going out for an exercise...

She wears now very severe Breitner in her wrist and she has put four hair pins to keep her perfect hair in order. Those are somewhat more thicker and actually quite stronger hair pins than usual as they were built by Murder Factory of LIC in Tharkad for ladies who might meet gentlemen of the broadest sense of the word in their travels...

She appears quite startled at Albert's sudden rush to her room. How may I help you?

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #101 on: 10 October 2014, 02:09:15 »
"Good, you're awake.", Albert said plainly. With a cynical look on his face, he looked at her attire. "Planning to go jogging? Grab your weapon and put on some armor, things could start going down any moment down.", was his remark.
"Think we should wake Horst?", he asked, "Or should we wake for the fireworks to start and lighten his mood?"
« Last Edit: 10 October 2014, 02:15:41 by Xzylvador »

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #102 on: 10 October 2014, 03:48:18 »
Ono

There was nothing new on the sensors - but that's not surprising. The chopper was grounded so, if anything would pop up, that would mean at least power armor squad jumping inside the walls or the battlemech very close.

Albert, Minerva

Inside sensors hadn't picked up anything - if there was anything it hasn't yet closed to the sensors... maybe it was just a boogie...

"Good, you're awake.", Albert said plainly. With a cynical look on his face, he looked at her attire. "Planning to go jogging? Grab your weapon and put on some armor, things could start going down any moment down.", was his remark.
"Think we should wake Horst?", he asked, "Or should we wake for the fireworks to start and lighten his mood?"

Some three minutes after power down static broke your conversation

Sensor Operations 1 @ 8 (2d6+1=5) Red operates the sensors + 1 for teamwork with Dermot, but still fail.

Dermot here. We've had contact ... I think ... nothing on my cameras, but something is ... was on the motion sensors .... on the north wall ... Gunter and Sid will be there in a minute...

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #103 on: 10 October 2014, 04:07:40 »
Henning here... do we order civilians to the garage? his voice was cool, steady, mater of fact.

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #104 on: 10 October 2014, 04:48:06 »
Wings reporting in. Inner sanctum safe, accordings to sensor readings. Taking off to get better view. Evac or support possible under minute.

Ono feels an adrenaline kicking in, as he hears reports from western sector. Time to do the job. He oncreases thrust in engines and the bird climbs up to 30 meters above earth. All the time he is well aware of himself being voulnerable, so is on the watch for incomming surprise. Before setting the waypoint, Ono checks the sensors once again with better perspective:2d6+2=8

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #105 on: 10 October 2014, 06:20:14 »

Minerva first puts her laptop to her rucksack and then puts the rucksack on her back. It will be my pleasure to see that he goes to the garage.

Then it was time to move to Mr Horst rooms...

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #106 on: 12 October 2014, 09:00:08 »
Quote from: Sent
Henning here... do we order civilians to the garage? his voice was cool, steady, mater of fact.
"Better not take any chances. Do it. And have the guard from the housing perimeter join the one at the garage. No need guarding empty houses.
Wings, that means they're headed your way. Make sure they got cover."

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #107 on: 13 October 2014, 05:55:37 »
Wings reporting in. Inner sanctum safe, accordings to sensor readings. Taking off to get better view. Evac or support possible under minute.

Ono feels an adrenaline kicking in, as he hears reports from western sector. Time to do the job. He oncreases thrust in engines and the bird climbs up to 30 meters above earth. All the time he is well aware of himself being voulnerable, so is on the watch for incomming surprise. Before setting the waypoint, Ono checks the sensors once again with better perspective:2d6+2=8

Shortly after the takeoff, Beagle sensors picked up a van sized vehicle pulled over to the side of the road leading to the gate, some three hundred meters to the entrance. The road was going through a low bush patched terrain and the car was parked behind one of the patches. It's had its lights out. Once Beagle locked in, Wing's was able to switch to thermals and noticed at least two infantrymen/drivers nearby. All of them are having thermal dampening suits and a vehicle seems to be dead cold.

There is also some commotion below.

"Better not take any chances. Do it. And have the guard from the housing perimeter join the one at the garage. No need guarding empty houses.
Wings, that means they're headed your way. Make sure they got cover."

After a few short radio you notice a stream of people moving out from civilian houses and one from the manor (Cynthia) toward the VTOL landing pad.

I'll check the north windows. Henning reported on general and moved out of the SecRoom.
Kommandant? within in the action Red's subconsciously returned to the military drill, luckily she put it on private line.

Minerva with Albert knocked to the Horst doors, but nobody responded. Horst must be sleeping.

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #108 on: 13 October 2014, 14:21:26 »
Albert nodded to Minerva. "You take care of Horst. Probably the Meier too. I'm joining Henning."

Comm @ Red: "Stay put, we need eyes on the monitors and someone with a gun close to Horst."

Albert started moving in Henning's direction. He didn't really think the man was a traitor, but couldn't be certain about it either. Besides, the man was a business man, not a trained guard or a soldier. Albert doubted he had what it took to do this alone.

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #109 on: 13 October 2014, 17:15:19 »
Albert nodded to Minerva. "You take care of Horst. Probably the Meier too. I'm joining Henning."

Minerva acts with an utter brutality and callousness by not knocking again at the door but forcefully opening it and stepping to room talking aloud for Horst. "Herr Horst, there is an alarm and you must rise up immediately." She walks brusquely right to his bed.

Simultaneously she scans for the room for any kind of threat that might be there...

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #110 on: 14 October 2014, 06:09:01 »
Hey Doc, we got copany from south. One personal carrier, possibly van or something, 0.3 klick to the south. at least two ninjas there, I'd expect at least plus 4 in the terrain. Active stealth and IR dampening. Should I engage their transport?

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #111 on: 14 October 2014, 16:26:24 »
"Negative Wings! Focus on finding the intruders and providing air support. Engage any hostiles within the walls. One vehicle is good news, you sure there aren't any at other walls? Dermot said sensors were tripped to the north. Any indication they spotted you?"
Sun Tsu's 'The Art of War' was several thousands years old now and certainly wasn't required reading in Military Academy anymore, but in Albert's opinion, it should still be found in any good officer's digital library. The part that was on his mind now said to leave enemies with an exit, otherwise they'd have no choice put to fight to the death and because of that become a greater threat than an enemy for who still had retreat as an option.
He couldn't be sure, but he was banking on the idea that the enemies were counting on to have surprise as their advantage. Hopefully, if they met unexpected resistance, they would pull out and reconsider, pausing for new plans. But by the time they'd have them, Horst and the package would be on the way out.
That's what he hoped, anyway. The alternative was an enemy prepared for total war. And though he hated to admit it, Albert wasn't sure Horst's security and his small team would be enough to stop that kind of assault.

Comms @ All guards: "Probable enemy vehicle spotted near south gate, keep an eye on the walls and the gate! Be advised, don't rely on thermal for vision, they've got dampening suits."
« Last Edit: 14 October 2014, 16:49:42 by Xzylvador »

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #112 on: 15 October 2014, 02:57:55 »
Horst was asleep, but when Minerva got inside, he promptly stood up. Pleasantly surprised, she noticed he was dressed up. He took out something from his pocket and swallowed it. Immediately his eyes went brighter and within few seconds he was fully awake. He also pulled out a laser pistol from the drawer and checked the battery. Situation?

Henning and Albert went downstairs, through the kitchen to the dinning room. They've pressed themselves to the sides of the wall and observed through windows.
The guards are coming from the east...

A long buzzing sound of the full auto SMG series pitched through the night's silence, followed by the barking and howling of all the dogs. The sound came from the east side of the manor.
Dermot immediately keyed in: 1 to 6, report! responses followed all at once 1,2,3 at the garage, nothing here, it's from east ... 4 by the north wall, it's from the south-east! ... 6 nothing on the gate ... 5? ... 5? respond 5! ... Bud? Gary? reagieren verdammt!

1,2 - guards patrolling the houses, moved to the garage (w/dogs)
3- guards patrolling the garage
4 - guards circulating the manor (Gunter and Sid w/dog)
5 - guards patrolling the woods between gate and house (Bud, Gary w/dog)
6 - guards at the gate
« Last Edit: 16 October 2014, 04:19:05 by sentinemodo »

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #113 on: 15 October 2014, 04:02:24 »
Horst was asleep, but when Minerva got inside, he promptly stood up. Pleasantly surprised, she noticed he was dressed up. He took out something from his pocket and swallowed it. Immediately his eyes went brighter and within few seconds he was fully awake. He also pulled out a laser pistol from the drawer and checked the battery. Situation?

Minerva made a mental note where he kept his pills so she could take them out as soon as necessary if his condition got worse. Then it was time to see that they would go through this mess without a firefight. She did her best to keep her voice calm.

This mansion is under attack by one vehicle filled with people and probably a small infantry group of less than two squads. You need to move to the garage. Now.

She even grabs his arm. Follow me. And where is the packet?

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #114 on: 16 October 2014, 07:59:48 »
Copy. Beginning One flew over the package's nest.
Ono works his sensors to mark all allies to avoid friendly fire and then begins Nap Of Earth, fly over in low level, today not to avoid detection, but to improve it.
sensors (2d6+2=7)
He has a suspicion that some of actions were one man distractioins, so he began his search on the west side of the property.

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #115 on: 16 October 2014, 10:02:35 »
"Minerva, road to garage might be compromised. Do NOT move outside. Find yourself and Horst a safe place and keep your heads down."

"Group 2, move east to investigate and make sure path to extraction is clear. Report anything and attack on sight. Alert me when you're at the west side of the mansion.
Group 3, take a defensive position and prevent them from circling behind the mansion. Stay in cover and if they come, keep 'em pinned down at a distance.
Henning, Red and I will cover the more direct approach from the south.
If they attack one side, other side move in and engage them in their flanks."

Albert beckoned Henning to move to the southern conference room and office windows. "Come on, we need to hold 'em off."
"Red, join us in the conference room."

"Wings, light up anything coming out of those trees."
« Last Edit: 16 October 2014, 14:12:53 by Xzylvador »

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #116 on: 16 October 2014, 15:44:14 »
"Minerva, road to garage might be compromised. Do NOT move outside. Find yourself and Horst a safe place and keep your heads down."

Roger. Roger. Minerva then pondered her options for a moment. Herr Horst, there is a firefight outside. Thus road to garage is not safe at this moment. I can see two options. First, the wine cellar should offer protection from stray bullets. Second, the security room is in the middle of the building. I suggest the security room. Please follow me now.

She simply grabs the arm of Horst and then starts to drag him to the Security Room hoping he'd follow her lead...

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #117 on: 18 October 2014, 05:55:53 »
Horst, was quickly and without problems escorted to the security room, where he observed the situation on the monitors with Dermot and Minerva.

Henning, Albert and  Red formed a strike team on the lower floor and positioned themselves in cover aiming at the entrance.

Wings flown east slowly, too much throttle and he would end up half a click behind the walls.
Thermal scanners quickly found bodies of two guards and their dog and nobody else.

But someone had to be there ... he stood in place watching ...

contact!!! this is gate, we got contact!!!, the truck is moving towards us, accelerating ...
While trying to focus on what's below him, Wings observed the situation to the south. The car shown no signs of slowing down. Quite the opposite. At 200 meters, the gate opened fire from their Firedrake, but the support needler that would be devastating against foot soldiers, was quite useless against the car...

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #118 on: 18 October 2014, 06:05:16 »
around that same moment, another report came in: this is 2, this is 2, road to garage clear, road to garage clear. We are at the trees in the middle point.

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #119 on: 18 October 2014, 06:23:07 »
Ono wsnt primary aircraft fighter. He learned to fly the machines to cover medevacs and stealth insertion of paratroopers. Well he did learned how to use the force quite quickly during the asic traning, and he had a lot of practices since then.
...<willl be updated with roll etc once I have oportunity to check the vehicle stats>

Register