Register Register

Author Topic: ’Mech of the Week: WHM-* Warhammer  (Read 11485 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
Re: ’Mech of the Week: WHM-* Warhammer
« Reply #60 on: 21 July 2019, 18:01:21 »
Is the 8D not a good upgrade for the 6D?
Max armor, good cooling, good firepower. Yes, there's the Streak with its explosive ammo but there's CASE and decent amount of padding so it ain't that bad.

IMO the 8D is an excellent Inner Sphere heavy 'Mech.
I have to agree.  Of all the reseens, she one the ones to me came out pretty solid and reusable.

Thing i noticed is the Kuritan Star League era Variant, still hasn't gotten a Record Sheet yet unless someone spotted it else where?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Empyrus

• Major
« Reply #61 on: 21 July 2019, 18:13:20 »
I have to agree.  Of all the reseens, she one the ones to me came out pretty solid and reusable.

Thing i noticed is the Kuritan Star League era Variant, still hasn't gotten a Record Sheet yet unless someone spotted it else where?
ER2750 'Mechs lack official RS. Megamek has approximate versions though.
The 6Rk is easy though, just replace the engine with an XL type and increase speed (i'd keep the leg heat sinks, others get moved to the engine).
Kinda neat model actually, the Whammy has a bit limited armor so greater mobility is certainly useful.
IS standard and pulse lasers: red; IS ER and X-pulses: blue; Re-engineered lasers: orange; Clan ER, pulse, and ER pulse lasers: green; Clan heavy lasers: yellow; PPCs: skyblue; PPCs w/capacitor: purplish-blue.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 23 July 2019, 06:08:59 »
ER2750 'Mechs lack official RS. Megamek has approximate versions though.
The 6Rk is easy though, just replace the engine with an XL type and increase speed (i'd keep the leg heat sinks, others get moved to the engine).
Kinda neat model actually, the Whammy has a bit limited armor so greater mobility is certainly useful.

6Rk is DHS equipped, so that's kinda out.

Empyrus

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 23 July 2019, 08:09:23 »
Ah, right, forgot that.
IS standard and pulse lasers: red; IS ER and X-pulses: blue; Re-engineered lasers: orange; Clan ER, pulse, and ER pulse lasers: green; Clan heavy lasers: yellow; PPCs: skyblue; PPCs w/capacitor: purplish-blue.

DOC_Agren

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: 23 July 2019, 15:44:25 »
Is the 8D not a good upgrade for the 6D?
Max armor, good cooling, good firepower. Yes, there's the Streak with its explosive ammo but there's CASE and decent amount of padding so it ain't that bad.

IMO the 8D is an excellent Inner Sphere heavy 'Mech.
It is a decent upgrade of the 6D but takes way to long appear, a 7D with ER PPC and DHS could have been rolled out much earlier (ie tro:3050) but most of those upgrades were done in the OH Shiny New toys/tech lets pop this in anywhere, reference like Panther with ERPPC and SHS.  Here what I am should have been a  7D.  It makes a a great trooper mech
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

MarauderD

• Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: 23 July 2019, 17:37:37 »
8D's probably my favorite and the one I've had the most games in.  Just a stone cold killer and tough to get rid of.  Just wish the miniature wasn't so "special."

Don't know if it is tournament legal to do so, but with the beautiful knew sculpt in the Inner Sphere Battle Lance coming out in 2020, couldn't you just use that to portray your Warhammer 8D without feeling like the red headed step child?

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #66 on: 23 July 2019, 17:54:44 »
Since its not WYSIWYG . . .
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

Register