Register Register

Author Topic: Deep Space and Interplanetary Exploration - The Universe is Timeless  (Read 57944 times)

rebs

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Running circles around the competition...
Re: Deep Space and Interplanetary Exploration - The Universe is Timeless
« Reply #1290 on: 16 April 2019, 19:02:21 »
In more positive news, TESS has detected an Earth sized planet around a star 53 light years away.  The new exoplanet otbits too close to its primary for life as we know it, but the finding is a good sign for our newest exoplanet finder, and encouraging for what the future holds for new discoveries.

Read more about it here...

https://www.space.com/amp/nasa-tess-first-earth-size-exoplanet-discovery.html

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #1291 on: 16 April 2019, 20:23:35 »
Wrangler,  is that pic the Falcon Heavy core or the Falcon 9 first stage that landed just offshore at the Cape last year?

From what I've seen the hold down device that is on the drone ship won't work with the Heavy core. Sounds like it's time for them to modify it.
This picture was take of the current Center Core that landed couple days ago.  It tipped over in rough seas.  The other one they didn't find much of it left to be floated back from what i read.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #1292 on: 17 April 2019, 12:24:14 »
Next Cygnus space craft is posed to launch today. I read in article the improvements to the Cygnus, there mentions that Northrop Grumman has contract to design potential modules for the Gateway space station based on the Cygnus. It certainly speed process up. I'm sort disappointed that .. Bigelow Space hasn't been mentioned.  The inflated module builder.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants