Author Topic: Round 1 2015 Funding - Primitive Rifleman RFL-1N XTRO Primitives IV FUNDED!  (Read 67416 times)

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
A lot of you have been contacting me regarding your vouchers and when you will be getting them.

Well, I always want to be upfront and honest with everything I say and do and with that in mind fellas, I need to admit to you that I dropped the ball on this.

It's been remedied now, but what needed to happen was that the email addresses and amounts for all my fellow fundians needed to be passed on to Speck and to be honest; I forgot to do that. It's fixed now, and you should get your vouchers soon, but the original mess was my fault and I want to apologize for that.

Frankly, I am one of those guys who tends to learn by asking a lot of dumb questions and finding all the wrong ways to do something before I find the right ones.

I just hope this didn't put any big kinks in anyone's plans.

Beachhead.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
No problems Beachhead, thanks for the update. If the problem is sorted then no harm done. We have all made mistakes first day on the job so do not publically flagellate yourself too much over it.

"Success does not consist of never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time." - George Bernard Shaw
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
No problem here I'll be saving mine for the Rifleman and some other goody. O0
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
A lot of you have been contacting me regarding your vouchers and when you will be getting them.

Well, I always want to be upfront and honest with everything I say and do and with that in mind fellas, I need to admit to you that I dropped the ball on this.

It's been remedied now, but what needed to happen was that the email addresses and amounts for all my fellow fundians needed to be passed on to Speck and to be honest; I forgot to do that. It's fixed now, and you should get your vouchers soon, but the original mess was my fault and I want to apologize for that.

Frankly, I am one of those guys who tends to learn by asking a lot of dumb questions and finding all the wrong ways to do something before I find the right ones.

I just hope this didn't put any big kinks in anyone's plans.

Beachhead.

I will be sending out the credit within the next few days.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Thanks for the update Speck

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
awesome news

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
Thanks to both Beachhead and Speck!   ;)
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
How does this grab ya? :D

"Don't start nothin' won't be nothin' " - J

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
It does look great! It is a great and awesome job.

Some nitpicks. I think that the lower legs should be wider. Also, the hip joints should be somewhat wider, too. In the torso, in the panels between the cockpit and the "shoulder", they form an angle in the upper panel that it is more noticeable in the art that in the orto. Finally the back should have something extra, like a small protrusion for extra heat sinks, to link it with other variants. But this is only my opinion and it doesn't stain your awesome work. O0
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major

How soon can I get it in my greedy little hands!!!

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
WANT!  8) Everything I like about the design
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
I just noticed that this kind of resembles the MWO Blackjack???

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Good, but please:

- slightly thicker AC boxes
- A little bit of space between the intakes and cockpit.
- the lower legs a bit more beefier.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme & Nebula Confederation

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
Beefier legs.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel

Hell YES!!
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
Wider AC boxes, slightly wider vents.

« Last Edit: 12 March 2015, 15:17:30 by B-3 »

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
 [notworthy] [notworthy] [notworthy] Awesome, it looks beautiful! Great work!

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
Wider AC boxes, slightly wider vents.
Nice.

Could we get an enlarged ortho of the Sensor assembly?

Also I am a bit concerned about the rear of the legs, could you please make an ortho of that too?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Please include spare barrels with the mini.

In case, you know, the regular barrels ... umm ... bend during transit and not at all to be mounted underneath the regular barrels in that nice rectangular slot area ...

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Bartholomew bartholomew

• Sergeant
I actually like this design. However you cockpit looks like it needs just a little more beef.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
I actually like this design. However you cockpit looks like it needs just a little more beef.
You mean like having become slightly wider at the torso?

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Thank you everyone for being so understanding.

Thanks also to Speck for bringing this last bit of the paperwork so to speak, to rest.

B-3, you are doing great man.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Bartholomew bartholomew

• Sergeant
You mean like having become slightly wider at the torso?
Yep, it looks like a reinforced cockpit in the art, at least to my eyes. Could be wrong.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
How does this grab ya?
Things look off with the side view of the legs.  1) Too much ankle actuator showing, 2) knee actuator and thigh pushed too far forward, 3) "knee pad" too short--should be taller than knee actuator, 4) inner outer side calf armor polygon sides and angles are out of proportion to the original art (i.e. front side of calf armor appears like it should be parallel to rear upper side--heck it looks like it should be a rectangle with corners bobbed to different depths).

I know they match up with the front ortho view, but in the original art the knees appear slightly bent.   Straightening them would mate the top of the "knee pad" with the bottom of the thick thigh armor instead of leaving a large gap as in the ortho.  I'm not entirely sure how to fix this all and make it match up.

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
After this I'm done orthoing.  Sculpting will commence shortly.  Any more changes will be up to thems what has the time to make em.  Barrels will be built into the "arm" so no extra barrels.

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
Great work!  [notworthy] [notworthy]

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
It really is beautiful but again something about it is also resembling the MWO Blackjack :(

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
looks great. can't wait to see it up close.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

manticore72

• Warrant Officer
and not at all to be mounted underneath the regular barrels in that nice rectangular slot area ...

W.
Right on, WT!