Author Topic: Campaign Rules: Against the Bot Thread #4  (Read 223524 times)

scJazz

• Captain
Re: Campaign Rules: Against the Bot Thread #4
« Reply #600 on: 30 July 2016, 12:37:28 »
My comment... look at my sig :)

daskindt

• Private
« Reply #601 on: 30 July 2016, 13:18:57 »
scjazz has a good link in his sig.

Coolio. I think I've seen that then. Wanted to be sure I had the right info.

daskindt

• Private
« Reply #602 on: 30 July 2016, 13:22:24 »
Can I GM edit the starting world? If I want to focus on a particular area of space?

Can I GM edit the date? Say I begin the campaign setting in 3025, then decide I want to start a few years earlier. Can I edit that choice or do I have to start a new campaign?

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #603 on: 30 July 2016, 13:40:16 »
Yes you can edit the world you are on at anytime with the GM mode.  Go to your interstellar map and right click your desired world and GM move to this planet or however it is worded.

In the campaign options the first tab allows you to change the date at any time.

Crl1981

• Recruit
« Reply #604 on: 12 August 2016, 22:34:02 »
I recently downloaded the most recent version of MegaMekHQ version 40 I think, where can I download Against the Bot?  I can't seem to find it anywhere, can anyone provide a link?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #605 on: 12 August 2016, 22:36:56 »

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #606 on: 17 August 2016, 16:03:25 »
I've created a long-overdue AtB preset for MHQ. If anyone wants to double-check it before I add it, I would appreciate it. Unzip the file into the mmconf/mhqPresets folder and try it out.

Eugee

• Sergeant
« Reply #607 on: 19 August 2016, 09:49:11 »
Will anyone be updating AtB when the moratorium on Campaign Operations passes by?

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #608 on: 19 August 2016, 10:44:12 »
Will anyone be updating AtB when the moratorium on Campaign Operations passes by?
Some of it already is, based on the beta releases that have been out for over a year. If there is anything in particular you would like to see, feel free to make suggestions or requests.

Eugee

• Sergeant
« Reply #609 on: 19 August 2016, 12:34:51 »
I'm still reading CO at the moment, so I'm not the point that I can point out anything directly yet--we did start a new campaign using the CO force generation though.

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
  • I send recon, then artillery, then main forces...
« Reply #610 on: 20 August 2016, 13:15:11 »
What is MekHQ and how does it work? Is it like Alpha Strike or Battleforce?
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

Obvious

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #611 on: 20 August 2016, 15:00:12 »
MekHQ is for managing a campaign.

Full description: http://megamek.info/mekhq
« Last Edit: 20 August 2016, 15:03:15 by Obvious »
It is better to be lucky than an idiot.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #612 on: 20 August 2016, 16:53:15 »
What is MekHQ and how does it work? Is it like Alpha Strike or Battleforce?

Its designed to work with BattleTech TT rules not Alpha Strike.  One day we would love to do a MegaStrike but we need a lot more experienced Java coders to make that happen.

MekHQ is for managing a campaign.

Full description: http://megamek.info/mekhq

As Obvious mentioned that links gives a good snapshot of what MHQ is.  Another way to see some it is on YouTube her:

Let's Megamek Season 0
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Vampire_Seraphin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #613 on: 23 August 2016, 21:53:15 »
Would be nice if the AtB code had an option to randomly generate init bonuses and advanced pilot skills for the opfor units.

Kieri Rochon

• Recruit
« Reply #614 on: 26 August 2016, 14:24:05 »
Hello all,

I am in a Pirate Hunting contract and every time I take prisoners, it adds the entire Opfor roster to my unit (even the ones that escaped).  I then have to go through my Financial page, line by line, and manually delete all of those transactions.  Did I miss a setting or something?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #615 on: 26 August 2016, 14:30:27 »
Yep, the newest release. That has been fixed for awhile.

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #616 on: 07 September 2016, 09:34:56 »
Took a contract on (FWL) Alula Australis and should have bought double the armor and ammo before taking this (28 days from jump point so, I set the min delivery time to whatever the planets travel time is from the jump point)....this is going to be tough watch me roll a comstar interdiction or something ****** like that.

Dalthius

• Recruit
« Reply #617 on: 07 September 2016, 22:30:39 »
How do you get deliveries while on a mission? I realize you can turn that on off but I thought for realism sake it was to be off? Is there another way?

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #618 on: 07 September 2016, 22:56:12 »
I would imagine it would depend on the mission type.  A garrison or planetary whatever would be easier to get parts than, say, a guerrilla warfare, or recon raid would be. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #619 on: 08 September 2016, 08:27:08 »
You can always order and receive parts while on any mission as long as you have a high enough skilled admin to keep your part availability above 0 if using the AtB rules.  Or else that would really suck lol.

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #620 on: 08 September 2016, 08:47:18 »
Scjazz has these rules for download in his signature

mcjomar

• Corporal
  • Don't think, Mechwarrior, find out!
« Reply #621 on: 08 September 2016, 12:21:29 »
Two questions:

First, in an ATB campaign (3025 era) should I expand my company with infantry? I can see vees maybe being useful, but I'm less sure about infantry.

Second, I've had group members die, but they still need to be paid off in shares? And even after I managed to remove one from the rolls, the info window keeps popping up anyway? Is this a bug?
Courage and Honour!

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #622 on: 08 September 2016, 13:44:42 »
1. Is a matter of opinion, I hate infantry and find them worthless in BT even vehicles, ASF yes are usefull but, were free to design our force however we want.

2. Inside campaign options under the AtB tab you can check to use or not to use the shares system and also whether to do retirement rolls after contracts, can all be customized to whatever makes sense to you.

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #623 on: 08 September 2016, 15:22:33 »
I, on the other hand like infantry.  If I could code, I would set up a custom optional atb setting where you could have two to three times the encounters(already in system) but where said encounters would likely be 50% or 75% chance of infantry units, with or without other types of support. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Dalthius

• Recruit
« Reply #624 on: 08 September 2016, 19:26:41 »
Scjazz has these rules for download in his signature

I have those fules, just thought this particular item was already implemented in game

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #625 on: 08 September 2016, 20:05:24 »
They are in a sense. I forget what neo did exactly to get that in. I don't think it follows 100% with the spreadsheet though it has been so long since it was discussed I'm not 100% sure on how it works anymore. So whenever neoancient can break away from RL for a spell maybe he can explain it again or link to the post that does.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #626 on: 08 September 2016, 21:57:15 »
Trying to cover every part in exact conformity to the spreadsheet would have been:
1. A monumental task.
2. Full of errors, just from the amount of work it would take and the statistical near-impossibility of getting it perfect.
3. Fragile, in the sense that any changes in the way either MM or MHQ handle parts could break the parts availability system.

Instead I did some work based on general categories of parts which result in something that I would estimate is in at least 95% conformity, and can apply the general system to parts that aren't listed in the AtB rules.

mcjomar

• Corporal
  • Don't think, Mechwarrior, find out!
« Reply #627 on: 09 September 2016, 06:04:09 »
2. Inside campaign options under the AtB tab you can check to use or not to use the shares system and also whether to do retirement rolls after contracts, can all be customized to whatever makes sense to you.

But with the shares system, do I still have to pay dead people?
I don't mind paying people who buy out, or quit - but paying people who are dead seems confusing to me. ???
Courage and Honour!

Dalthius

• Recruit
« Reply #628 on: 09 September 2016, 06:58:27 »
But with the shares system, do I still have to pay dead people?
I don't mind paying people who buy out, or quit - but paying people who are dead seems confusing to me. ???

We pay the families of our troops who die in battle. Why not theirs? I believe that is what the system is doing.

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #629 on: 09 September 2016, 08:15:51 »
Campaign system tab starting at line 325 explains the shares system.  I dont like shares and I dont use it.  I only pay out to my personnel when they successfully reenlist then they get a bonus like what is done in the real world military.  Not part of the program and have to do it myself but oh well.

Register