Author Topic: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads  (Read 82630 times)

Xotl

• Deus Errata et regulas Exsecutor
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Link recreated.  Thanks.
Generally absent from the forums at this time.

3028-3050 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info and Quirk lists.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Xotl

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads
« Reply #871 on: 06 June 2018, 03:27:12 »
New errata for the year.  Mostly small, and it's all stuff to do with the core book line reprints that I worked on some months back; it's just now that they're being formally released.  The only thing that's completely new is the BattleMech Manual release, which isn't getting a reprint but since it's my baby I'm keeping up on it.

TW got a new release because I forgot to list a couple of the changes that made it into the reprint.  There were no such problems with TM, TO, and SO, so they're staying the same.

Alfaryn

• Sergeant
« Reply #872 on: 07 June 2018, 09:50:20 »
Hi, I've noticed small issues with a couple of entries in the recently published TW errata v5.01 document.
* Wing-in-Ground Effect (WiGE) Movement (p. 168)
Before the “Vehicles” paragraph insert the following new paragraph:
WiGEs: While WiGEs cannot enter a building, a WiGE moving over a building immediately collapses that building if its tonnage x 0.25 exceeds the building’s current CF (see Collapse, p. 176).
In my TW book (Corrected Third Printing. Second Printing by Catalyst Game Labs, 2011 print edition) there is no such section title as "Wing-in-Ground Effect (WiGE) Movement" on p. 168 or the preceding page. Unless something changed in later printings "Wing-in-Ground Effect (WiGE) Movement (p. 168)" in the errata document should be replaced with something like "'Mechs and Vehicles [continued] (p. 168)".
* Fighting Off Swarm Attacks (p. 222)
Under “Mechanized Battle Armor”, right column, delete the first full paragraph on the page (“Even if the …”).
The paragraph in question is the first paragraph on the page as the errata document states, just the first paragraph in the right column.
« Last Edit: 07 June 2018, 09:53:13 by Alfaryn »

Xotl

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #873 on: 07 June 2018, 12:43:51 »
Perfect, thanks.

NeonKnight

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Having a Good time with the Missus!
« Reply #874 on: 07 June 2018, 14:04:19 »
Hi, I've noticed small issues with a couple of entries in the recently published TW errata v5.01 document.In my TW book (Corrected Third Printing. Second Printing by Catalyst Game Labs, 2011 print edition) there is no such section title as "Wing-in-Ground Effect (WiGE) Movement" on p. 168 or the preceding page. Unless something changed in later printings "Wing-in-Ground Effect (WiGE) Movement (p. 168)" in the errata document should be replaced with something like "'Mechs and Vehicles [continued] (p. 168)"

Just thought I'd point out, the Corrected 4th Edition (C) 2013 also does not have this section.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Xotl

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #875 on: 07 June 2018, 17:18:16 »
I've made a silent update to the TW errata on the webpage to correct those typos.  Same version number, as it doesn't meaningfully change any of the answers.

Alfaryn

• Sergeant
« Reply #876 on: 08 June 2018, 09:13:20 »
Good to know, thanks.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #877 on: 20 June 2018, 22:24:35 »
There's some weirdness going on with some Battle Armor cards.  The Golem Assault Armor (Rock Golem) card for the 6-man squad has a damage profile of 3/3*/0, and I have absolutely no clue what could possibly have happened behind the scenes to make "3*" a thing.

The Warg (Reactive) also somehow manages to conjure a point of long range damage in the 6-man, where there's no damage there at all before.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Xotl

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #878 on: 20 June 2018, 23:59:26 »
There's some work going on behind the scenes to roll in the new PV update.  That perhaps is responsible.

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #879 on: 24 June 2018, 18:23:45 »
Megamek has caught this error in the Clan Diamond Shark and Ghost Bear Dominion transport dropship RATs from FM 3085 and the Clan Sea Fox transport dropships RAT from ER 3145.

Code: [Select]
The unit Mule C (2842) could not be found in the 3085 Clan Diamond Shark Transport Dropships RAT (default.zip:(3076 - 3100) - FM 3085/Clan/Clan Diamond Shark/Aerospace/3085 Clan Diamond Shark Transport Dropships.txt)
The unit Mule C (2842) could not be found in the 3085 Ghost Bear Dominion Transport Dropships RAT (default.zip:(3076 - 3100) - FM 3085/Clan/Ghost Bear Dominion/Aerospace/3085 Ghost Bear Dominion Transport Dropships.txt)
The unit Mule C (2842) could not be found in the Clan Sea Fox Dropships - 3135+ RAT (default.zip:(3135+) - ER 3145/Clan/Clan Sea Fox/Aerospace/Dropships.txt)

In FM 3085 it calls for a Mule(TR3057) pg 224 for Diamond Shark.
Same Mule for Ghost Bear pg 226.
Mule(3057) for Sea Fox ER 3145 pg 180.

A clan version of the Mule doesnt exist so, what clan dropship should replace that Mule for these RATs?

These are all we have for the Mule:
« Last Edit: 03 July 2018, 19:08:25 by BLOODWOLF »

Xotl

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #880 on: 03 July 2018, 00:27:24 »
The formal Alpha Strike  (and ASC) errata has been uploaded to the errata section of the website.  They're functionally the same as the PRE versions: just a couple of typo corrections (and the removal of "PRE").