Register Register

Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 105971 times)

S.gage

• Sergeant
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #930 on: 20 June 2019, 16:27:05 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=alacorn

Problem: The "Date Introduced" for the Mk III, IV, and VI do not quite match those in XTR:Prim III, p. 11. Here are quotes from the text-

"Prototype Introduction Date (Mk I, II): 2561"
1st paragraph- "The evaluators put the Mk I through a full series of combat trials,... over the course of three years of evaluations."
2nd paragraph- "The HAF passed on the Alacorn, but the company revisited the design a decade later, this time investing in the use of an extralight fusion engine. It took Corben’s engineering team almost five years to properly integrate the new engine, debuting the Mk. III and IV for approval. ..." (= total of 15 years or 18 years)
"...Mk VI—mounting three of the still-experimental, but massively powerful Gauss rifles—in 2587."

Solution: Adjust the "Date Introduced" for the Alacorn Mk III, IV, and VI to match XTR:Prim III. Still may require additional errata for TR:3058 and TR:3058U. (not recommended)
Mk III - c. 2576 or c. 2579 (depending if that decade started after the rejection of the Mk I or after design submission)
Mk IV - c. 2576 or c. 2579 (depending if that decade started after the rejection of the Mk II or after design submission)
Mk VI - 2587

or

Write errata adjusting the introductory dates in XTR:Prim Vol. III. Something like "two decades" vs. "a decade" later, and adjust the Mk VI date to the MUL (recommended, cleanest solution)

=========

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/1952/lrm-carrier-standard
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5589/lrm-carrier-primitive

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/3030/srm-carrier-standard
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5590/srm-carrier-primitive

Problem: The LRM and SRM Carriers from TR:3039, TR:3026 both have "Date Introduced" of 2407. These are 33 years before the "Date Introduced" for their primitive counterparts (2440), and ~60 years before standard 'Mech-grade armor. No hard references in TR:3039 and TR:3026 here, either.

Solution: Looks like a simple typo, swapping the "0" and "7". I suggest changing the "Date Introduced" to 2470.

If errata is required, I can write the post
S.gage
« Last Edit: 20 June 2019, 16:41:35 by S.gage »
"WHO PUT 6 ARMOR ON THE RIFLEMAN'S HEAD?!?" - Peter S., while marking damage from a stray PPC, 1994.

"Ich bin Jadefalke!!!! Ich bin MechKrieger!!!!" - A group of students on their field trip to Leipzig, 1998.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Painted by Mastergunz
« Reply #931 on: 20 June 2019, 16:55:24 »
Gauss Rifles didn’t go into production until 2590.  TM p219. We lost production, not prototype, dates (unless the unit was only ever a prototype). So the Alacorn VI has to be 2590.  Have to check on the III and IV. Those will likely change.
Master Unit List - List of all canon units, faction availabilities, Alpha Strike unit cards, Battle Values
Combat Manual Lite series - Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots.

S.gage

• Sergeant
« Reply #932 on: 20 June 2019, 18:25:02 »
Gauss Rifles didn’t go into production until 2590.  TM p219. We lost production, not prototype, dates (unless the unit was only ever a prototype). So the Alacorn VI has to be 2590.  Have to check on the III and IV. Those will likely change.

No need, they mount standard ACs, XL, and FF armor

I can write the errata. Thanks!
S.gage
« Last Edit: 20 June 2019, 18:44:02 by S.gage »
"WHO PUT 6 ARMOR ON THE RIFLEMAN'S HEAD?!?" - Peter S., while marking damage from a stray PPC, 1994.

"Ich bin Jadefalke!!!! Ich bin MechKrieger!!!!" - A group of students on their field trip to Leipzig, 1998.

S.gage

• Sergeant
« Reply #933 on: 21 June 2019, 19:16:44 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/1648/j-37-ordnance-transport-original

Problem: The "Date Introduced" for the J-37 (original) is currently 2824. TR:3085, p. 54, "J-Series Support Vehicles", 3rd paragraph ends- "In response the company developed the J-37, supplementing their J-27 production starting in the late 28th Century."

Solution: Adjust the MUL "Date Introduced" to a year in the late 28th Century (for example, 2795).
or
change the text from TR:3085 to say- "In response the company developed the J-37, supplementing their J-27 production starting in the early 29th Century."

I can write errata for TR:3085 if necessary. Thanks!
S.gage

Empyrus

• Major
« Reply #934 on: 27 June 2019, 16:02:19 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6924/owens-ow-1g
The Owens G is listed as mixed tech unit even though it does not have any Clan tech. The Supercharger and TSEMP are both IS tech.

This error seems to be stemming from RS3145NTNU which has the 'Mech listed as "mixed" for some reason.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #935 on: 29 June 2019, 14:20:06 »
Subject: Carrier Fighter Carrier

Problem: Variant Not listed on MUL
References: First Succession War, p. 58, "Fallout" - Pair of Free World League converted Carracks noted as Aerospace or Fighter Carriers. First Succession War, p. 76, "Once More, With Feeling", FedSuns converted Carrack Transport named FSS Pretoria Castle being used as also a Fighter Carrier.

Solution: New Entry in MUL for Fighter Carrier Variant of Carrack Transport.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Maingunnery

• Major
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #936 on: 29 June 2019, 15:04:15 »
Solution: New Entry in MUL for Fighter Carrier Variant of Carrack Transport.
Carrack CV or Carrack CVE would more closely match the naming-system (such as the Leopard CV).
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Fan XTRO: The Society

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #937 on: 01 July 2019, 02:30:32 »
I've got a question...

Why is this listed as RWR/Terran/SLDF in SL-era?

S.gage

• Sergeant

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #939 on: 05 July 2019, 13:19:07 »
Problem: Missing units yet posted from Turning Points: Tokasha.

• Kokou Defense Tank
  • Kokou Defense Tank (XL)
  • Issedone Prime (omnifighter)
  • Issedone A  (Omnifighter)
  • Issedone B  (OmniFighter)
Solution: Add new entries into MUL
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
« Reply #940 on: 05 July 2019, 15:11:23 »
I searched quickly but couldn't find anything about this:
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7430/wolverine-wvr-6d

Problem: AS card for the wolverine 6D doesn't have the Jumping movement type.

Solution: add the "J" after the movement value and calculate the new PV accordingly.
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Painted by Mastergunz
« Reply #941 on: 05 July 2019, 15:15:50 »
I searched quickly but couldn't find anything about this:
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7430/wolverine-wvr-6d

Problem: AS card for the wolverine 6D doesn't have the Jumping movement type.

Solution: add the "J" after the movement value and calculate the new PV accordingly.

yep, typo on my part, fixed. 
Master Unit List - List of all canon units, faction availabilities, Alpha Strike unit cards, Battle Values
Combat Manual Lite series - Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots.

Nahuris

• Captain
« Reply #942 on: 14 July 2019, 16:36:52 »
Hi, I have a question on the Clint 6S -- it notes, in it's description that it was put in production, in 3068, after the fall of Hesperus II to the Word of Blake. We know that the 16th battle of Hesperus II notes that the coalition did not retake it, until 3074. And the Clint 6S uses heavy ferro armor, and a small cockpit, which tends to make it resemble a Word of Blake unit, but it is not on the WOB Mul list, and is only shown as Lyran Alliance availability.

The design seems to be very strongly implied as a Blake variant, especially with the small cockpit, and 6 years of production, at a time when they control that factory, but is not available to them...

Just finding it curious, and thank you.

Nahuris
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."

Insaniac99

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #943 on: 17 July 2019, 20:47:39 »
As asked by Xotl, here are some mismatched battlevalues we have found between MML and the Master Unit List.  Some of these line up with pre errata numbers for certain peices of equipment.

Archer 9W at MML's 1662 and MUL's 2004
Gestalt G at MML's 2392 and MUL's 2491
Pariah (Septicemia) US at MML's 2308 and MUL's 2,298
Turkina U at MML's 2,478 and MUL's 2,520

Additionally I have found that this mech is missing in the MUL
Stealth 5X, found in XTRO Steiner, Page 4

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Painted by Mastergunz
« Reply #944 on: 17 July 2019, 20:53:11 »
As asked by Xotl, here are some mismatched battlevalues we have found between MML and the Master Unit List.  Some of these line up with pre errata numbers for certain peices of equipment.

Archer 9W at MML's 1662 and MUL's 2004
Gestalt G at MML's 2392 and MUL's 2491
Pariah (Septicemia) US at MML's 2308 and MUL's 2,298
Turkina U at MML's 2,478 and MUL's 2,520
Thanks, updated!
Additionally I have found that this mech is missing in the MUL
Stealth 5X, found in XTRO Steiner, Page 4
it's there:
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5130/stealth-sth-5x

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Painted by Mastergunz
« Reply #945 on: 17 July 2019, 20:54:14 »
Hi, I have a question on the Clint 6S -- it notes, in it's description that it was put in production, in 3068, after the fall of Hesperus II to the Word of Blake. We know that the 16th battle of Hesperus II notes that the coalition did not retake it, until 3074. And the Clint 6S uses heavy ferro armor, and a small cockpit, which tends to make it resemble a Word of Blake unit, but it is not on the WOB Mul list, and is only shown as Lyran Alliance availability.

The design seems to be very strongly implied as a Blake variant, especially with the small cockpit, and 6 years of production, at a time when they control that factory, but is not available to them...

Just finding it curious, and thank you.

Nahuris

Yeah, I can't find any reason for it, WoB added to Jihad. Thanks.

Insaniac99

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #946 on: 17 July 2019, 21:42:17 »
Thanks, updated!it's there:
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5130/stealth-sth-5x

Thanks, I'm not sure how I missed it!

However, it's BV is also incorrect, MML has it as 2240 in version 0.45.4  instead of the MUL's 2155

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Painted by Mastergunz
« Reply #947 on: 17 July 2019, 21:43:19 »
Thanks, I'm not sure how I missed it!

However, it's BV is also incorrect, MML has it as 2240 in version 0.45.4  instead of the MUL's 2155

Good thing I put the link, so I could go straight there and fix it...
Thanks, udpated.

Register