Author Topic: Battletech Long Island  (Read 164709 times)

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
Re: Battletech Long Island
« Reply #750 on: 21 September 2016, 22:55:48 »
{ what Joy is referring to is mission six Power Outage where you were sent to the Hilo Power Plant to defend it. When you arrived you found the 53 crew members brutally murdered  and the offensive armored unit pulling out, because of your arrival, in entire and in a professional manner. This happened during the first month you were on planet. People are upset that over a month later there has been no movement in the investigation of their brutally murdered loved ones. You are the only living witnesses to this act and your reports and recordings are the only uncontaminated evidence available. You are the only ones with picture of their equipment and personnel as the power plant footage was destroyed. Detectives want to question you as witnesses to complete a picture of what happened and why it happened in order to search more effectively for suspects. You are not suspects at this time. Yes you may bring your own represantation with you. The lawyers you will be meeting with are YOUR legal represantation in the local judicial system retained by the Governor, and are there at this time to protect your rights, explain the formal inquiry process and answer any associated legal questions you have. They are retained to you for your entire contract.  The meetings will happen. You are not exempt from local law you are agents of it. After action reports are available through the gamemaster. Whether it is roleplayed is up to the gamemaster.}
« Last Edit: 21 September 2016, 23:12:10 by eilidhdawn »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #751 on: 22 September 2016, 16:05:29 »
I remember that mission even less.  Was that the one where we were supposed to recover the crates and we didn't look inside?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #752 on: 22 September 2016, 16:17:55 »
That was the mission that you went to see why you and most of Hilo had no power.

alentar

• Recruit
« Reply #753 on: 22 September 2016, 18:54:28 »
Greetings, fellow MechWarrior's. Had fun playing the enemy last time but decided to join the fray of your campaign so expect some reinforcements for next session.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #754 on: 22 September 2016, 19:09:03 »
Congratulations and welcome!

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #755 on: 22 September 2016, 20:16:16 »
Welcome to the madness that it B T L I  >:D

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #756 on: 22 September 2016, 23:24:01 »
OOC: I don't remember if I was even there for that mission.  Was that the mission where we found there were guerillas striking out of underground tunnels?  I also remember we ran into an armored company from one of the other on-planet factions in that one.  Is that the mission you refer to?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #757 on: 23 September 2016, 00:10:18 »
why yes it is  ^-^

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #758 on: 23 September 2016, 00:26:43 »
OK so all are on the same page.

1) the mission was #6 Power Outage.
2) units that were on site
Jim’s Force
Hussar
Fireball
Christine’s Force
Archer
Karnov
GDL Scout Armor x 2
Jump Infantry Squad
Charles’ Force
Owens
IS Battle Armor
Schiltron
IS Battle Armor
Dave’s Force
Marauder
Regulator
3) These personal are going to the law firms local office. The Governor has retained them for all of you ... they one of the best on world.
4) They will be talking with the personal involved to find out what they recall from that mission and to help them with the inspectors that will be asking them what happened at the power station.
5) The inspectors that are looking to what happened at said power station want the above personal to give statements about what they did and saw at the station. At this time it has been 2 months and they do not have clear ideas of who did this. With over 50 people killed they are getting pressure to find out who was behind this.

how this plays out will be a bit of roll play after one of the up coming missions.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #759 on: 23 September 2016, 04:46:24 »
Who would've thought that Battletech involved depositions?

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #760 on: 23 September 2016, 06:28:55 »
ok so im a little sloe on the uptake some times i do remember being pissed off the workers were killed for no reason
we do have footage from the encounter but i dont see what help we will be the enemy was beating feet out of there
we did take care of the tunnels i remember the enemy used them
from what i am recalling my ground troops were dropped off at the side of the building and went in so there recordings will show the undisturbed crime screen and i believe my archer  went after the retreating vehicles but they never stopped and engaged us and when they got off the end of the board we could not pursue them as i remember they were faster then us and therefore they got away

sorry about my confusion there was never a mention we had legal council here on planet or that the power plant attack was under investigation since we have been providing security there since it was attacked i think we would have noticed the activity lol i dont remeber ever being told our boss had secured legal for us

the archer pilot is captain Carl Franks i will come up with names for the rest of the crew that was there asap

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #761 on: 23 September 2016, 11:49:16 »
Who would've thought that Battletech involved depositions?

OH you punny guy  :D

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #762 on: 23 September 2016, 12:06:06 »
ok so im a little sloe on the uptake some times i do remember being pissed off the workers were killed for no reason
we do have footage from the encounter but i dont see what help we will be the enemy was beating feet out of there
we did take care of the tunnels i remember the enemy used them
from what i am recalling my ground troops were dropped off at the side of the building and went in so there recordings will show the undisturbed crime screen and i believe my archer  went after the retreating vehicles but they never stopped and engaged us and when they got off the end of the board we could not pursue them as i remember they were faster then us and therefore they got away

sorry about my confusion there was never a mention we had legal council here on planet or that the power plant attack was under investigation since we have been providing security there since it was attacked i think we would have noticed the activity lol i dont remeber ever being told our boss had secured legal for us

the first set of news items talked about the attack on the power plaint. need them dice checked  ;D

as for legal council you did not have any until the Governor retained them for you.

the archer pilot is captain Carl Franks i will come up with names for the rest of the crew that was there asap

so your Archer pilot has the same rank as your unit commander? You may want to go with Leutnant, 1st Leutnant or MechWarrior

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #763 on: 23 September 2016, 14:45:13 »
Naah, he's a Captain, she's a Hauptmann, clearly that's a superior rank....

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #764 on: 23 September 2016, 16:45:20 »
OK, Col. Greyjoy probably wouldn't have seen the dead bodies as he was in a 'Mech and had no opportunity to go inside the buildings.  Sgt Maj. Wynch of the Regulator crew was also likely concentrating on the OpFor armor company so his input might not be very useful either.  The best they could do is give reports of what the infantry from the other units told them about what they saw.  Our troops closed the guerrilla tunnels and Crow's Eye stomped them flat afterwards.  As for who was commanding the other OpFor, none of us knows who they belonged to.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #765 on: 23 September 2016, 20:09:38 »
But you may have seen some of the perpetrators, heard them speak to each other,be able to identify equipment or tactics they were using. All personnel on the mission will attend and have their statements taken.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #766 on: 23 September 2016, 22:04:16 »
the first set of news items talked about the attack on the power plaint. need them dice checked  ;D

as for legal council you did not have any until the Governor retained them for you.

so your Archer pilot has the same rank as your unit commander? You may want to go with Leutnant, 1st Leutnant or MechWarrior

ok his a 1st leutnant then lol

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #767 on: 23 September 2016, 22:51:59 »
Good point.  All of the Ironborn assigned to the mission will comply with the hearings and relate the facts as we saw them.

"What is dead may never die!"

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #768 on: 24 September 2016, 14:06:37 »
MustSee Travelogue

Art in Engineering: The Painted Buildings of Hilo

[click to show images]

Beginning twenty years ago, after high winds cracked or destroyed many of the windows of Downtown Hilo, Mahelona Glass introduced their new architectural glass. Better able to withstand the winds and featuring colors, shapes and textures never before considered. The first building to receive the new glass was Crystal Tower, the high rise home of Mahelona Glass. Each side of the hexagonal building is a distinct work of art beginning with the stained glass wall titled 'Flowers', to the textured brush painting titled 'Waves', to the abstract colors, textures and shapes of the wall titled 'Fractal', to the photo realistic image of Angel Falls, to the kanji calligraphy of the quote "As if you were on fire from within, the moon lives within the lining of your skin", and ending with a tile mosaic of the starscape over Hilo titled 'Stars".                   
Soon many buildings joined a growing and competitive trend. And everything from single panel logo representations to images of company founders graced walls. They were soon joined by walls of company mascots, famous paintings, inspiring speeches and sports highlights.
Notable buildings include the Spark Telecomm building with their logon on the front of the building and individual panels of emoji over the rest. Sugai Tower, a round high rise that features an oil painting of a night festival with fireworks overhead that wraps around the building.
Hilo General's hospital tower has a faceted red cross on a pearlized white background that can be seen for miles. Tower on the Park is an elliptical tiered building, with each tier being another gradient of color of the visible spectrum.
Rogers & Carson Plaza has a winter theme one wall has faceted individual falling snowflakes, one wall is an photo image of a snow covered tree lined road, one wall is a relief of an ice palace, and the final wall is a water color image of a snow covered hill with sledders and a snowball fight. The Bailey Building commissioned a wall that has a caricature of tourists on an open top bus taking photos of the Painted Buildings.
The latest marvel is at 820 S. Olive, a triangular building with mandala designs that wrap around the building, the designs change color and shape as the temperature changes and at night they add lights and manual temperature control so the building resembles a giant moving kaleidoscope. The most dramatic way to view the Painted Buildings is by helicopter, but open top bus and walking tours are available.

« Last Edit: 25 September 2016, 18:43:44 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #769 on: 24 September 2016, 15:28:04 »

WNN update

video of a young man smirking and bouncing on his feet, with his hands in a bespoke suit {Keiji Sugai head of the Sugai Clan} behind and to the left of the very formal spokesperson {Tsuya Zane, official spokesperson of the Sugai Clan} as she announces that Hilo has won the bid to host the Izar Association Football League World Cup Series at Mosaic Stadium in June.
 We also hope you will join us at the Nejiro Trade Show Event Field. Athletes from the Hilo Drakes {association football} and the Hilo Blue Sparks {basketball} will have a meet and greet with fans, run drills with local intramural sport groups, hold exhibition games and have some one on one with some lucky raffle winners.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #770 on: 24 September 2016, 15:39:18 »

Sentinel News update

The newest show at Gallery North is Hilo Borealis. Photographs, images and works inspired by the high summer light effect caused by light refracting and dispersing off the Painted Buildings similar to a rainbow or aurora. The show has a wide variety of artists and mediums such as tie-dyed fashions, beaded jewelry, glass sculpture, abstract sculpture, mosaics, paintings and woven images. But the highlight of the show are the photographs by Gordon Gahan, whose works show the power of light to ignite even the most mundane scene. The show will close in one weeks time and then reopen for a limited engagement at the Nejiro Trade Show Art Show. Profits from sales of original pieces will benefit the Hilo Relief Fund.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #771 on: 24 September 2016, 16:12:02 »
envelopes are hand delivered to each company commander by messenger, with beautifully handwritten notes

Captain Quinn Bonanno
Hauptmann Kiah Lorrian Rosen Franks
Major Crash Cranson
Colonel Euron Grayjoy

Thank you for providing the personnel lists so promptly. Enclosed please find for each of your personnel attending the inquiry

keycards to access all Hilo public transportation; just wave the card at the appropriate sensors, match the symbol on the card

keycards for your suites at the Four Seasons Hotel Hilo; please present your card to cover meals, bar tabs, the private movie theatre, services at the gym and spa, the chocolate parlor and the billiards room

passes for a walking tour of Downtown Hilo featuring the Painted Buildings and other popular sights, starting with Four Seasons Tower which has different seasonal foliage on each side of the building in different styles including a haiku extolling the virtues of each season.

passes to a VIP box at Mosaic Stadium; present your Four Seasons keycard to cover amenities

a reservation notification card for a late dinner in a private room at Firebird Spirits Pub on tuesday night, please bring this card with you

a tourist map of Downtown Hilo with Four Seasons Tower and the offices of DLA Piper highlighted

Meetings with your legal team will take place on Thursday, Friday and possibly Saturday. Sunday is yours to use as you please. The inquiry will take place on Monday and Tuesday.
The Governor thanks you for your cooperation in this matter.

Joy Yorokobi
personal assistant
Lt. Colonel Meiyo Saganami; Governor Nejiro
« Last Edit: 24 September 2016, 16:13:59 by eilidhdawn »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #772 on: 25 September 2016, 06:31:37 »
How will we be playing the inquiry out in real life?

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #773 on: 25 September 2016, 08:08:54 »
envelopes are hand delivered to each company commander by messenger, with beautifully handwritten notes

Captain Quinn Bonanno
Hauptmann Kiah Lorrian Rosen Franks
Major Crash Cranson
Colonel Euron Grayjoy

Thank you for providing the personnel lists so promptly. Enclosed please find for each of your personnel attending the inquiry

keycards to access all Hilo public transportation; just wave the card at the appropriate sensors, match the symbol on the card

keycards for your suites at the Four Seasons Hotel Hilo; please present your card to cover meals, bar tabs, the private movie theatre, services at the gym and spa, the chocolate parlor and the billiards room

passes for a walking tour of Downtown Hilo featuring the Painted Buildings and other popular sights, starting with Four Seasons Tower which has different seasonal foliage on each side of the building in different styles including a haiku extolling the virtues of each season.

passes to a VIP box at Mosaic Stadium; present your Four Seasons keycard to cover amenities

a reservation notification card for a late dinner in a private room at Firebird Spirits Pub on tuesday night, please bring this card with you

a tourist map of Downtown Hilo with Four Seasons Tower and the offices of DLA Piper highlighted

Meetings with your legal team will take place on Thursday, Friday and possibly Saturday. Sunday is yours to use as you please. The inquiry will take place on Monday and Tuesday.
The Governor thanks you for your cooperation in this matter.

Joy Yorokobi
personal assistant
Lt. Colonel Meiyo Saganami; Governor Nejiro

i will inform my men and women of the above i will will also tell them to be on their best behavior in the city as they represent our group and i also tell them not to get them selves used to this level of spoilage lol  ;D

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #774 on: 25 September 2016, 08:15:56 »
WNN update

video of a young man smirking and bouncing on his feet, with his hands in a bespoke suit {Keiji Sugai head of the Sugai Clan} behind and to the left of the very formal spokesperson {Tsuya Zane, official spokesperson of the Sugai Clan} as she announces that Hilo has won the bid to host the Izar Association Football League World Cup Series at Mosaic Stadium in June.
 We also hope you will join us at the Nejiro Trade Show Event Field. Athletes from the Hilo Drakes {association football} and the Hilo Blue Sparks {basketball} will have a meet and greet with fans, run drills with local intramural sport groups, hold exhibition games and have some one on one with some lucky raffle winners.

great this is going to be a security nightmare and the raiders such as this Cesar bandit could take it as a opportunity to attack the people of the planet directly or to take advantage of the security of the planet being tied up with it to attack elsewhere

hopefully the governor dose something out of the box to provide the security around this event , like using some of the "students" at the academies for low level security areas so some of her more trained personnel are not tied up and can be on fast ready response teams     

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #775 on: 25 September 2016, 10:36:43 »
How will we be playing the inquiry out in real life?

I may do something after a mission event

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #776 on: 25 September 2016, 11:55:03 »
With all of the VIPs present, Caesar might take to opportunity to kidnap a few for ransom. :o

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #777 on: 25 September 2016, 20:34:33 »
I like the way this guy thinks.....  He's got potential....

Wanna help me with this?  Cut you in for a third....

But you need to stop thinking small.  Not a few, all of them.  That way if you kill a few the rest make you the money you want...
« Last Edit: 25 September 2016, 21:20:27 by ObnoxiousTwerp »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #778 on: 27 September 2016, 14:31:32 »
OK we are set for 10/16. Mission to come

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #779 on: 28 September 2016, 19:22:16 »
This is convoy ..... We are under .... Need .....

Nejiro control to convoy repeat your message.

Convoy ..... Need help ..... Under .....

Nejiro control to convoy repeat your message

Register