Author Topic: Battletech Long Island  (Read 164744 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: Battletech Long Island
« Reply #120 on: 18 October 2011, 22:36:07 »
that will work

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #121 on: 20 October 2011, 15:09:09 »
1PM Sunday?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #122 on: 20 October 2011, 17:27:07 »
correct

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #123 on: 24 October 2011, 12:59:02 »
OK next game this is what I have in mind.

each player will pick a Clan or Inner Sphere force. said force must be a faction unit .... Marik 13th MM, Davion Light Guards, Liao 1st MAC, Clan Wolf 1st Guard and so no. no Word of Blake forces.
no mixing tech types unless you are Wolf's Dragoons or ComStars Invader Galaxy.
book units only, no custom mods.
Unit size will be Company for Inner Sphere and Nova Star for Clans. 
IS commanders have 12 slots to fill in.
IS Commanders personal carriers and infantry count as 1 unit, omni mechs and battle armor count as 1 unit.
Clan Commanders have 5 points. keep in mind it is a nova so you can mix infantry, vehicles and mechs. 1 mech = 1 point, 2 vehicles = 1 point, 1 omni mech and battle armor = 1 point.
same thing with personal carriers and infantry as the IS.
to all command types infantry will be needed so bring some or you will not be able to win the fight.
I am not setting a BV limit so pack in what you want.
no aero fighters as they are keeping enemy fighters off your back.
for anyone thinking Wolf's Dragoons they will be using Clan setup rules.
do some checking on your unit ... aka do not pick a light/scout unit and pack it with assault units, and the reverse no assault unit all light and fast.
tech level is to 3085.
for some of the  }:) fun  }:) you will have 5 turns to get the objective. after that a big nasty DropShip will be dropping in with help for the bad guys.
the battle will be on maps to speed things up. the map size will be four map sheets. stay tuned for what sheets.
I will be looking to run this in a couple weeks.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #124 on: 30 October 2011, 14:47:29 »
Can you give us an idea of what the mission is going to be about?
Next weekend will be bad for me if that's what we are planning.
Crash, would you be up for a painting session with your mechs while we wait for other people to move during rounds?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #125 on: 01 November 2011, 14:22:07 »
I am looking to do this over 2 weekends. the 13th and 20th.

the mission will be intel and personal gathering.

the terrain will be city map with hills and woods.

last off and I should have stated this in the first part .... piloting and gunnery are off the unit picked. so if the unit is a veteran unit then your unit is veteran and so on. you will not have the piloting and gunnery more then 2 apart. eg 2/4 is good but 1/4 is a no no.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #126 on: 01 November 2011, 15:27:24 »
If it's a veteran unit, shouldn't their skills be 3/4?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #127 on: 03 November 2011, 11:41:59 »
players will have some flex in the p/g numbers, but the over all will be what the unit level is.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #128 on: 04 November 2011, 15:41:41 »
Maybe we could use the table on p. 273 in Total Warfare to roll for the skills of each unit.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #129 on: 05 November 2011, 18:38:33 »
maybe. must pick unit for the base.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #130 on: 06 November 2011, 22:49:17 »
OK so we are set for the next weekends. so figure what unit you want to play.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #131 on: 07 November 2011, 13:38:25 »
Sounds like fun, can I play?
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #132 on: 07 November 2011, 16:55:09 »
OGRE!!
Absolutely!
Are you in town?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #133 on: 08 November 2011, 19:32:56 »
Sounds like fun, can I play?

with luck it will be   8)

I always have room at the table for you dude   [rockon]

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #134 on: 08 November 2011, 19:58:07 »
Hey Gang -

Hell Yeah you can play, ogre [cheers]

Jim, as for the painting thing... if I feel like it that day..., yes.  Otherwise, no.

So, can anyone provide mini's and sheets for my unit? Don't have that many of the models I want to run to have a c3 unit.

Also, I know we talked about this the other day, but I forgot your answer... So just to clarify, when you say we need infantry, do you mean pudnockers, or will battlearmor do?

Does anyone know of a single c3 capable infantry transport other than an omnimech, be it tracked, hover, wheeled, or VTOL?   

The other thing I'm trying to find is a mech with a c3m and a c3s so I can run the company without the double c3m... so if anyone can tell me a book version, please let me know...

-C

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #135 on: 09 November 2011, 16:45:11 »
Jim, as for the painting thing... if I feel like it that day..., yes.  Otherwise, no.

So, can anyone provide mini's and sheets for my unit? Don't have that many of the models I want to run to have a c3 unit.
-C
Tell me what minis you need, but do it sooner than later.  I may need to paint them.
If you want to do the painting, I need to know the day before so I can bring my supplies.  Also, you'd need to give them a base coat of flat black.

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #136 on: 09 November 2011, 21:51:56 »
Hey guys -

'preciate the offer of minis... as for paint... I usually use testors gunship grey as my basecoat (on the rare blue moon type occaisions when I actually paint something) because the more neutral base lets me get either light or dark shaded final products, (whereas the black basecoat does not) then airbrush over it, which is why I never paint... have to break out the airbrush, thin the paints, etc ad nauseum... takes too long for my level of wanting to do things to allow these days, but am too much of a perfectionist to accept lesser paintjobs.  But will bring a bunch of basecoated models in the case, so bring the paints, will do something or other with them.

as for my unit...

right now, looking like lance one being 2 owens c's and 2 fso-9's, not sure which variants yet, all carrying Raidens or normal ISBA

lance 2 being a Wolvie 8C, wolftrap C, thug 12k, and a Flashman C

lance 3 being C3m platforms yet to be decided based upon whether or not I can find any c3m units with a c3 slave, and any of which can carry troops doing so... so the unit really isn't that defined yet.  as for models, have the wolvie and the thug, have enough bases for BA, but don't have any of the others.

-C

P.S. - I was just about to post this when I had a stupid thought...  can a c3m operate as a slave in the combined network of 12, or does it need the extra slave the way I seemed to remember it?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #137 on: 10 November 2011, 17:16:15 »
I can supply the second lance.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #138 on: 11 November 2011, 08:52:30 »
Crash, what mini and faction/regiment/cluster do you want to paint?

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #139 on: 11 November 2011, 11:19:51 »
Hey Gang -

so... bit of a change in unit...  I was how you say...  stupid...  yeah, that's the right word  @p? couple of the units are not on the kurita list...  and I don't need a c3s if there's a master.  unit now as follows:

2 x owens C's, 2 x Firestarter B's, 3 x schiltron primes, wolvie 8C, wolftrap C, Tessen 3C, c3 var LRM carrier and one yet to be named unit...  infantry on them are raidens, kages, or kanazuchis, haven't split them yet...  kanazuchi need a carrier, so can I take one unit not on the kurita list and say it was captured? the one I want to use is a lyrian vehicle, so it is feasable storyline-wise. 

model wise... I now need everything but the wolvie...  sry bout that...  can proxy padillas or huey's for the schiltrons, them being arty boats,
As for painting...  models will be determined on the day, marik militia, flecktarn camo pattern... I'll bring the sponge I usually use for the spotting pattern.  Gonna need: 2 olive drabs, (one dark, one light), a reddish tan, a light khaki, matte black, and some gunmetal for highlighting weapons and cockpit.  there's another color I usually, use, but can't remember what it is off the top of my head...  gonna have to go back and look at the testors paints I usually use. 

:-\  this is getting complicated... Hell, maybe I'll just bring my own paints *facepalm*

-C

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #140 on: 11 November 2011, 14:42:54 »
I've got a Wolftrap, LRM carrier, a Schiltron, some Kanazuchi, and I can bring a pair of other artillery boats.  I may be able to bring an Owens.  Otherwise, it's up to Shadhawk.

As far as painting is concerned, leave the Testors at home.  Acrylic is much easier to clean up and isn't smelly.  Gloss also makes a mini look fake.  Whatever colors I don't bring I can buy in the store.  You will want a very dark gray or black base color.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #141 on: 11 November 2011, 16:34:59 »
infantry or battlearmor.

on you C3 the way the link is made up you can one of these

lance 1
C3M
C3M
C3S
C3S
lance 2
C3M
C3S
C3S
C3S
lance 3
C3M
C3S
C3S
C3S
or
lance 1
C3M + C3M
C3S
C3S
C3S
lance 2
C3M
C3S
C3S
C3S
lance 3
C3M
C3S
C3S
C3S

with the twin setup the problem is that if the masters go so do the rest of the lance and the company links. the other lances still work unto themself.
with the 2 different masters it is one master controls the lance commanders and the other the rest of the lance. so if the Co goes down so does the company links but the lance links work.

on your paint thing ... acrylic is much more user friendly. with some of the acrylics you can go right out of the bottle with an airbrush.

for the minis flashman and thug no prob. I'll see what I have in the omni toys. BA I have. the Tessen I have to see about.

I will bring my mobil paint kit  }:).

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #142 on: 12 November 2011, 09:04:50 »
I found my Owens and 3 Kanazuchi.
What about record sheets?

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #143 on: 13 November 2011, 00:23:57 »
hey guys -

Need record sheets for wolftrap-C, 4 schiltron primes (3 if I can use the morningstar transport), 3 kage's, 5 raidens (4 if I can use one unit of fa shih) and one kanazuchi.  Rest are in the books I have, will photocopy. 

-C

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #144 on: 13 November 2011, 08:57:39 »
I have those for you.  I assumed you wanted the TAG variant Kage and the small laser Raidens.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #145 on: 19 November 2011, 07:16:03 »
Will I have to bring my minis tomorrow?
Crash, any luck?

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #146 on: 21 November 2011, 14:10:56 »
I do have a computer than can handle skype
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #147 on: 21 November 2011, 16:28:48 »
The big question is whether we have the same on this end.  Hopefully, we will.

dgraz

« Reply #148 on: 25 November 2011, 18:00:13 »
Do you guys just do these big events or do you have some demo-type time available.  I play fairly regularly at Grim - big into Malifaux at this time.  I experimented with BattleTech way, way back in the day....I think just when the Clans were coming into the picture and I'm familiar with mech on mech combat.  Not familiar with the new system and no experience with vehicles or infantry.

I'm usually a thursday or friday nite player but may be able to do a Sunday with some notice.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #149 on: 26 November 2011, 13:08:02 »
"Big Event" isn't how I'd describe our games.  But if you want to jump in, we will give you on-the-job training.