Author Topic: The Classic BattleTech Forum Mercenary Regiment  (Read 135937 times)

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
  • Gotta do what a urbie gotta do!
Re: The Classic BattleTech Forum Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #120 on: 02 September 2015, 22:08:11 »
Archibald Christi captain of the "Twins Suns" would like know what company of mechs he well be ferring around and just noticed but he has the only dropship for an almost battalion amount of mechs.
"History is written by the victors, the defeated live it"

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #121 on: 02 September 2015, 22:12:30 »
Archibald Christi captain of the "Twins Suns" would like know what company of mechs he well be ferring around and just noticed but he has the only dropship for an almost battalion amount of mechs.

Hey, at least only one of your fighter berths are in use. ;)
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
« Reply #122 on: 02 September 2015, 22:36:45 »
Hey, at least only one of your fighter berths are in use. ;)

The other berth is already in use its Archbalds personal mancave for some reason he figured he'll never use it now he has to possibly find a place for his wall sized screen tv and his entire battletech miniature collection.

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #123 on: 02 September 2015, 22:53:37 »
Hmm....  So how about this character to help fill out the transport assets.  It's here for your use.

Capt. D.M. Kirk,  comes from the FWL.  His family has been in interstellar shipping for centuries running their small fleet of merchant dropships between the provinces of the FWL and an occasional trade to the border worlds with the LC.  He has been in the interstellar shipping since he was old enough to suit up in a space suit and help move cargo between dropships at a jump point.  He has worked in the family business most of his life, except for the 7 year stint in the FWL Navy in his youth, where he served as a crewman on a Leopard Class dropship for the FWL Navy. The FWL Navy gave him the experience for combat operations for dropships.

He has been the captain of the dropship Genesis, a Mule class dropship for over 2 years since he inherited the ship from a relative that retired from the family business.  The Genesis on the outside looks downtrodden but its a fully functional Mule Class dropship.  Depending on the contract, the crew is trained to load and easily tie down cargo or mechs.   The ship been overhauled and is well maintained. 

Since his ship was not on contract at the time and being bored with regular shipping contracts, he has offered the services of his dropship to the CBT Forum Mercenary regiment for a two year contract.

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
« Reply #125 on: 02 September 2015, 23:21:38 »
Ummmm why don't we just use the BT Forums Fleet for transport?

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/non-canon-units/the-battletech-forums-fleet/

So a Union and a mule hvae requested to join and you suggest using some other group of mercs for transportation needs? That's hurts, hurts so much.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #126 on: 02 September 2015, 23:29:27 »
No I appreciate transportation... Always more fun to have others drive while you get to veg out in the passenger seat.

My only point was 'why couldn't the BT Forums Merc Regiment catch a ride with the BT forums Merc Fleet'. I mean half of those people are us (although one uses 3050 tech, and the other is a hodgepodge of non-canon, modded, and highly unlikely to be used together ships (which wouldn't actually work for the OP's original idea for a campaign anyways ( so in reality it's not a sound idea anyways)))

I mean I also didn't want to be that guy to say it.. Didn't the OP ask for mechs...?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #127 on: 02 September 2015, 23:31:46 »

If this group is supposed to face off with the clans, bringing a larger fleet of warships than any of the invading clans is probably bad form.  :P
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #128 on: 03 September 2015, 00:06:44 »

I'd happily throw the Philadelphia in as a transport asset. O0
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
« Reply #129 on: 03 September 2015, 00:46:54 »
No I appreciate transportation... Always more fun to have others drive while you get to veg out in the passenger seat.

My only point was 'why couldn't the BT Forums Merc Regiment catch a ride with the BT forums Merc Fleet'. I mean half of those people are us (although one uses 3050 tech, and the other is a hodgepodge of non-canon, modded, and highly unlikely to be used together ships (which wouldn't actually work for the OP's original idea for a campaign anyways ( so in reality it's not a sound idea anyways)))

I mean I also didn't want to be that guy to say it.. Didn't the OP ask for mechs...?

Oh ok, I understand I was just like well I could have gone panther but I wanted to go dropship since it was different. Yeah I know he asked.for mechs but any good mercs would want his own dropship to boot also.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #130 on: 03 September 2015, 01:57:25 »
If this group is supposed to face off with the clans, bringing a larger fleet of warships than any of the invading clans is probably bad form.  :P

[Kinda missing the point] Would be hilarious though, just to see the look on the Clanner's faces. [/Missing the Point]

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #131 on: 03 September 2015, 02:18:15 »
Wait... we're separating the Banshee and the Mackie???? Nooooooooooooo......

They and the Shadow Hawk LAM should be in their own lance, the Antiques Lance.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #132 on: 03 September 2015, 02:34:16 »
They and the Shadow Hawk LAM should be in their own lance, the Antiques Lance.

Naaawwww.  The Banshee and Mackie are too old to be antiques. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #133 on: 03 September 2015, 02:34:52 »
Transport.
The Monolith class jumpship Wee Willie, an ancient and haunted jumpship known to have lost 5 crews without trace since first launched in 2796.
Having trouble obtaining work as no one is willing to risk it, the current Captain Horatio Baker is willing to do anything for money. ::)
Hearing that the BT forums Merc regiment is looking for reliable transport he has offered his services for a reasonable fee(beer money). >:D

I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #134 on: 03 September 2015, 02:53:05 »
Got room for another MechWarrior?

Born on Marlette and a graduate of Goshen War College, Bryant Hawkins served in House Davion's 3rd Crusis Lancers for 20 years piloting the family owned TDR-5S Thunderbolt, captured decades earlier from House Liao. A veteran of the 4th Succession War and the War of 3039, Hawkins was opposed to the merger of House Davion and Steiner and retired in 3040, becoming a mercenary.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #135 on: 03 September 2015, 04:47:55 »
Naaawwww.  The Banshee and Mackie are too old to be antiques.

*whacks PurpleDragon with a walking stick*

Show some respect, you young whippersnapper!
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #136 on: 03 September 2015, 08:43:45 »
Oh ok, I understand I was just like well I could have gone panther but I wanted to go dropship since it was different. Yeah I know he asked.for mechs but any good mercs would want his own dropship to boot also.

Oh I totally agree. That said though, the BT Forums fleet is probably way more transport assets than a  regiment will require. I'm not averse to pressing a small part of it into service, though. I'd happily throw in the rather inconspicuous BFS Intermittent Coherence with its 2 drop collars.

After a rather exhaustive search where I could not make up my mind as to what mech, I'm seriously considering volunteering as aerospace support.

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
« Reply #137 on: 03 September 2015, 09:41:42 »
Great! Now we have a jumsphip and and two dropships, and 1 Asf asset and a over strength battalion not bad at all

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #138 on: 03 September 2015, 09:46:46 »
OK, now we need Armor and Infantry support or they can just be NPCs (Redshirts)
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #139 on: 03 September 2015, 10:50:32 »

Ideally they should be just NPC's, it is mostly about big giant stomping robots!  ;D  But hey, I am not the writer and if people want to contribute go for it.    :)   
« Last Edit: 03 September 2015, 10:55:04 by Shadow_Wraith »

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #140 on: 03 September 2015, 14:09:43 »

Ideally they should be just NPC's, it is mostly about big giant stomping robots!  ;D  But hey, I am not the writer and if people want to contribute go for it.    :)

If ya'll want it . . . go for it.  Add ASF, armor, infantry, engineers, whatever--or I will do so when we wrap up the volunteers.  Waiting for more submissions before finalizing the TO&E.

MA

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #141 on: 03 September 2015, 18:29:57 »
Hey MA, Is this thing still open for victims, er, I mean Mechs and warrior's ??
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #142 on: 03 September 2015, 18:42:27 »
Hey MA, Is this thing still open for victims, er, I mean Mechs and warrior's ??

Yes.

MA

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #143 on: 03 September 2015, 20:32:14 »
"Capt. Robert Barton-Winchester, late of the 2nd FedCom RCT, reporting for duty. Where can I park my mech and then my butt, Sir ??" DVS-2 Devastator.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
« Reply #144 on: 03 September 2015, 21:37:11 »
"Capt. Robert Barton-Winchester, late of the 2nd FedCom RCT, reporting for duty. Where can I park my mech and then my butt, Sir ??" DVS-2 Devastator.

Well depends you just got to fight or draw slots for a mech slot and one of our spacious cramped rooms. At least a.certain pilot if he rides when we go 2 G well not be recieving any drugs you no you are!

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #145 on: 04 September 2015, 16:58:01 »
Xióng "Ice" Duilio and “Zhōng Kuí” his ASN-21 Assassin reporting for duty

Taking his family 'Mech to Outreach, Xióng Duilio worked as a freelancer for several mercenary units waiting for the time to “show the Leaguers how wrong they were.”

Duilio, that began his career in a Heavy 'Mech, is nicknamed “Ice” for his habit of keeping his 'Mechs running cool while making the best of their firepower.

Wait you can keep a mech cool?  How do you make your Jiffypop popcorn while in the battlefield?
will admit it must be nice for the drinks!!
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #146 on: 05 September 2015, 01:20:23 »
A soft knock on the Recruiter's door breaks his concentration on his latest game of Solitaire...

I am Colonel Miaowara Hanako Von Khristenson
Commander and CEO of Wulfric's Legion Incorporated.
As I understand your ads on MercNet, your unit is looking for Conventional Combat Units.
I offer the services of my Mechanized Battalion, if the pay is good and you can meet our stipulations for dependent care.
Here is our current TO&E.

A datapad is placed on the desk before the Recruiter, while sad, emerald eyes guage the Recruiter's reactions.

Code: [Select]
TO&E, Wulfric's Legion.(Battalion)(Regular)

4x Foot Inf. Platoons (3 tons/ 28 men each)
12x Wheeled APC @ 10 tons each.

3x Motorized Infantry Platoons (6 tons/ 24 men each)
4x Heavy Tracked APC Missile varients @ 20 tons each.
2x Maxim Heavy Hover APC Standard @ 50 tons.

4x Heavy Tracked APC Missile varients @ 20 tons each

4x Heavy Tracked APC Missile varients @ 20 tons each

6x Maxim Heavy Hover APC Standard @ 50 tons each.

3x Jump Infantry Platoons (4 tons/ 21 men each)
3x Badger Tracked transport Standard @ 30 tons each.

INFANTRY = 6 companies
APCs = 1050 tons/ 39 Vehicles
Mechanized Infantry Battalion = 1146 tons

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

kalthud

• Recruit
« Reply #147 on: 05 September 2015, 01:40:51 »
I got one for you MA.

Enforcer-4R(modified)
A PPC replaces the AC/10, 4 medium lasers replaces the large laser and 1 medium laser replaces the small laser. Heat sinks increased to 17 and armor up to 10.5 tons.

The Pilot
Mechwarrior Christopher (Kal) Kalthud
Born and raised in the Pleiades Cluster. Specializes in urban combat. 9 year veteran of the AFFS.
"Why does it feel like everyone is shooting at me when all of us go unto the field of battle?"
"Well I hate to tell you this pal but your name is Will!"

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #148 on: 05 September 2015, 01:42:56 »
ooc I would be interested in knowing if those missile variant infantry platoons are of the Long Ranged or Short Ranged type. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #149 on: 05 September 2015, 08:31:04 »
take your pick, just as one can mix and match on wep loadout for the infantry.

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)