Author Topic: The Classic BattleTech Forum Mercenary Regiment  (Read 135897 times)

master arminas

• Captain
Re: The Classic BattleTech Forum Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #30 on: 27 August 2015, 10:44:19 »
(Customized with JJ and Ferro-Fiberous Armor

. . . and that of his beloved modified Griffin 1N Faust.

No modified 'Mechs to start with gentlemen--use Sarna.net as a reference if you have to, but find a canon 'Mech.  Vonshroom, the GRF-2N is pretty close to what you want.  Tyler Jorgensson, I can't find a Cestus with JJs--sorry.

Mech of Choice:  JR7-31P Rattlesnake    http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rattlesnake

Warclaw, BattleTechnology #21 was set (in-universe) in 3054--is the Rattlesnake from that year?  Or did it debut earlier and was just reported on the first time in 3054?  If the first, I'm sorry, but it comes too late to the ball game (nothing past 3050).

Oh . . . and gentlemen.  Ladies.  You can put down any rank that you want; however, once we get enough folks, the officers will be elected.  Everyone will basically (regardless of their prior ranks in other units) be a MechWarrior unless and until the CBT Regiment promotes them into a position of authority.

Carry on.

MA
« Last Edit: 27 August 2015, 10:56:13 by master arminas »

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 27 August 2015, 11:17:45 »
Hey, change my Mech to my original choice, the HSR-200Db Hussar
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 27 August 2015, 11:18:26 »
If this unit is gonna be facing the Clans, are you planning on us going up against canon Clusters, non-canon Clusters, or a mixture of the two?

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 27 August 2015, 11:30:23 »
If this unit is gonna be facing the Clans, are you planning on us going up against canon Clusters, non-canon Clusters, or a mixture of the two?

Mostly canon.  Mostly.

MA

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #34 on: 27 August 2015, 12:35:47 »
Toss me in for another Warhammer.

A 6K, if possible, although, I wouldn't mind slightly customized so that it still has 18 heat sinks, the other two tons put into armor to toughen up the legs and the front side torsos, with any remainder put to the front center. And, the single SRM 6 swapped for three SRM 2s.

Mechwarrior - Eli Walker

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #35 on: 27 August 2015, 17:38:45 »
How about a panzer-grey base coat with canopy done in one of those 'glowing' schemes.  And the weapon snouts/emitters/muzzles red on the business end? 

If you want more, than give each company (or lance, depending on how many folks we get) a different color to adorn their right upper arm/left lower leg (i.e., gold, silver, bronze, red, blue, green, etc., etc.).

Simple enough?

MA

I like the sound of this - if I get any man-cave time this weekend, I'll give it a go.

Blue shoulder, of course.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
« Reply #36 on: 27 August 2015, 20:05:43 »
Taron Storm from New Earth reporting in. 
Ride: Shadow Hawk K
Preferred tactics: Sniper, physical combat

Used this mech for a long time in a couple of rpg's that were run.  Always had fun with it, more so when I got the chance to tinker with the design.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #37 on: 27 August 2015, 20:27:38 »
Has the unit allocated transport assets yet?  Say, an Aquilla class? ;)

Failing that, in order of preference:

WSP-100 Wasp LAM > WSP-105M Wasp LAM > WSP-105 Wasp LAM > UM-R60 UrbanMech
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 27 August 2015, 21:13:58 »
I'm guessing we need to come up with back stories to the characters. However, until we sort of confirm the era and start time, I'll just simmer in ideas for now...

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 27 August 2015, 22:20:04 »
I'm guessing we need to come up with back stories to the characters. However, until we sort of confirm the era and start time, I'll just simmer in ideas for now...

Building the Regiment for early 3050--the eve of the Clan Invasion.

MA
« Last Edit: 27 August 2015, 22:27:09 by master arminas »

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 27 August 2015, 23:01:39 »
Quote from: master arminas

Warclaw, BattleTechnology #21 was set (in-universe) in 3054--is the Rattlesnake from that year?  Or did it debut earlier and was just reported on the first time in 3054?  If the first, I'm sorry, but it comes too late to the ball game (nothing past 3050).

The backstory on the Rattlesnake has it in development for a while prior to its first real trial by fire in the Clan invasion, so it's a tossup on actual availability dates.  Could be anytime between 3046 and 3050, but per the action report in Battletechnology, the Rattlesnake WAS available and in use by 3050, if not widely.

If it is a major problem, I can choose another ride.

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
« Reply #41 on: 27 August 2015, 23:06:25 »
Always loved the Rattlesnake, it was one of my characters #2 rides behind his Black Knight.

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: 27 August 2015, 23:48:58 »
We've already got enough for a company and change. I'd say we're doing pretty good.

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: 28 August 2015, 00:11:56 »
     The backstory on the Rattlesnake has it in development for a while prior to its first real trial by fire in the Clan invasion, so it's a tossup on actual availability dates.  Could be anytime between 3046 and 3050, but per the action report in Battletechnology, the Rattlesnake WAS available and in use by 3050, if not widely.

If it is a major problem, I can choose another ride.

Nope.  Not a problem, as long as it was available in 3050.  I'll add it to the list.

MA

ijewett

• Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: 28 August 2015, 00:58:42 »
Dimitry "Been There" Antonov in his beloved Warhammer 7A the "Thunderchild".

The Antonov family was once a wealthy Hegemony family, but over 250 years of maintaining the "Thunderchild" have left Dimitry very little save the 'mech itself. However it is still in good working order. The double heat sinks work, most of the time, and even the pulse lasers are almost as accurate as the day they were installed.

Dimitry himself is a fireplug of a man, short, barrel chested, the kind of guy you might see as the sidekick in a holovid. His sarcasm has gotten him into more than a few bar brawls. He is quick to come to the aid of friends and holds a grudge nearly forever. He got his nickname as every time someone starts a war story about some planet or other he chimes in with "Been there". Since he has been kicking around the Mercenary trade for a few decades he may have actually been to quite a few places.

hawkins180

• Sergeant
« Reply #45 on: 28 August 2015, 01:20:20 »
Mechwarrior Wendell St. John
Born: New Avalon
Mech: CRB-27 Crab

Retired from the First Federated Suns Armored Cavalry, St. John left the AFFS following the War of 3039. He speaks very little of his background, and gets angry when pushed about it. However, his record on the battlefield speaks far more then he does.

The phase, "walk softly and carry a big stick" applies to Wendell.
"Okay, credit where it's due: for a little idiot built specifically to come up with stupid, unworkable plans, that was a pretty well-laid trap. " GLaDOS

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: 28 August 2015, 09:26:17 »
:( sad face well the normal Cestus is fine then...

Although their is a canon Cestus with JJ bit there's no record sheet for it because it was a custom ride for novel charachter. But meh w/e

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: 28 August 2015, 11:20:39 »
And we're almost to two lances, that's great!

(Don't think I didn't see the Mackie pilot sneak in  ;D)

Almost two companies now.  Twenty and counting.

MA

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #48 on: 28 August 2015, 11:29:56 »
And we're almost to two lances, that's great!

(Don't think I didn't see the Mackie pilot sneak in  ;D)

The Mackie and my Banshee, senior citizens that they are, can spend the entire campaign sitting on the balcony and giving a Waldorf and Statler style running commentary.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 28 August 2015, 13:39:46 »
Alexander Dale.

Black Knight, BLT-6-KNT.

Filtvelt Native, Minor Nobility, Mech has been in (covert) storage since Star League/1st Succession War, had another overt family BattleMech, was destroyed in action circa 3045, Alexander took chance to retire as he had become "dispossessed", Pirates raid Filtvelt and he reactivates the Black Knight and now is pretty much forced to return to action to keep the BattleMech. Veteran of the War of 3039. Mid 30s, graduated Filtvelt Military Academy in 3035.

Minnow

• Agent #618 of the Line
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
    • Wolf's Dragoons
« Reply #50 on: 28 August 2015, 14:00:22 »
Anton Watson
Marauder II - MAD-4A

... back story in the works ...
~ Minnow  CDT #618

Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into the darkness. -- Natasha Kerensky

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #51 on: 28 August 2015, 14:01:57 »
MechWarrior Canin Rosse, b. 3017

Shadow Hawk 2Hb

Canin Rosse is a Northwind Highlander by blood if not by birth.  Born in the Federated Suns to a single mother Canin's father was a Northwind Highlander MechWarrior.  Between his mother's family history with the AFFS and his father's confirmed Northwind heritage Canin inherited money from both sides of the family and has pieced together a Shadow Hawk which has been built to the specifications of the Star League 2Hb Royal variant.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #52 on: 28 August 2015, 21:11:39 »
The Mackie and my Banshee, senior citizens that they are, can spend the entire campaign sitting on the balcony and giving a Waldorf and Statler style running commentary.

Oh, HECK YES, I can do that forever. Dibs on Statler.
« Last Edit: 28 August 2015, 21:47:25 by Diamondshark »
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #53 on: 28 August 2015, 21:22:06 »
Hey, when did air-launched Arrow IV become available?
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #54 on: 28 August 2015, 21:31:13 »
Hey, when did air-launched Arrow IV become available?

According to Sarna 3046 in the CapCon - should be alright for the timeline if not it could have also bee discovered along with the Wasp assuming it was found in a cache.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #55 on: 28 August 2015, 21:43:53 »
Oh, HECK YES, I can do that forever. Dibs on Statler.

Also, I think this is the current roster (let me know if I missed anyone):

Assault
  MSK-6S Mackie (John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt)
  MAD-4A Marauder II (Anton Watson)
  BNC-3E Banshee (Dave Hunter)
  HTM-27U Hatamoto-Hi (Shin Yodama)
Heavy
  BL-6-KNT Black Knight (Alexander Dale)
  CTS-6Y Cestus (Tyler Jorgensson)
  WHM-6D Warhammer (Cerrate Barton)
  WHM-6K Warhammer (Eli Walker)
  WHM-7A Warhammer (Dimitry “Been There” Antonov)
  TDR-5Sb Thunderbolt (Sergeant Arminas)
Medium
  SHD-2Hb Shadow Hawk (Canin Rosse)
  SHD-2K Shadow Hawk (Taron Storm)
  CRB-27 Crab (Wendell St. John)
  HER-2M Hermes II “Mercury” (Kavan Clynes)
Light
  JR7-F Jenner (Frederick W. “Tie-dye” Palowaski)
  WSP-100 Wasp LAM (Giovanni Blasini)

Yeah. Quite a few. You might want to go back to. Here

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #56 on: 28 August 2015, 21:48:31 »
Gosh, how did I miss all that?  [AAAH] Work has apparently put me more out of the loop than I thought...
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: 28 August 2015, 22:42:06 »
Was thinking... seems like we're rather top heavy.  Would it be possible to ask for a Firebee 2E instead of my original Awesome?

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: 28 August 2015, 23:23:29 »
Was thinking... seems like we're rather top heavy.  Would it be possible to ask for a Firebee 2E instead of my original Awesome?

Sure--but make certain that is what you want.  There are units out there that are 'top-heavy'.  And we are still in the early stages.  There are lots of folks who haven't signed on yet.  So, if you really want to swap out for an FRB-2E, I'll do it. 

Just be sure.

EDIT:  Right now, with 23 'Mechs, we have an average weight of ~60.217 tons.  That puts us firmly in the heavy-weight classification of lances (201-280 tons; we average out at a lance weight of just under 240 tons).  Yeah, we have more assaults and heavies than is common, but we aren't completely lop-sided (not yet, at least).  If Blackpanzer changes to a Firebee, our average weight will drop to just ~58.260 tons . . . still a heavy-weight unit (with average lances at just over 233 tons).

So, if you'd rather be in an Awesome, Blackpanzer, that is fine.  If you want the Firebee, then that is good as well.  It is all up to you.

MA
« Last Edit: 28 August 2015, 23:31:56 by master arminas »

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #59 on: 28 August 2015, 23:58:05 »
Frankly speaking, I have never RPed a character running an assault, though the Awesome and Cyclops are my favourite in this class, the latter due more to the fluff than actual capabilities. I usually prefer faster machines. I just thought why not give it a try.

As you mentioned, it is still early days. I'll  retain my choice of the Awesome for now, but have no issue switching out to a lighter machine if need be.

Thanks!

Register