Author Topic: “Save” the Jags  (Read 148000 times)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: Save the Jags
« Reply #780 on: 05 June 2022, 23:51:17 »
Do we even know the size of this Crusader Shark Relief Force? I really doubt it was that big in the first place (cluster possible maybe 2?) and it is easy to imagine how word got to Vlad. Yeah I am looking at you Merchant Factor Angus Labov!

Lets say that Hawker wins the fight he has scheduled with Vlad this time and thus the Crusader Wolves are won to this Crusader Relief effort banner. Other Crusader Clans may than start to be won over on the basis of this victory with the goal of driving out the InnerSphere taint and securing the Homeworlds for all time.

This far larger relief force annihilates the forces of the false Star League and a new hero is born, long live ilKhan Ian Hawker! As a Diamond Shark and the Great Protector of the Clans there could well be motions for Absorptions and perhaps even a new Clan or two is born. I think he would announce the Clan intention to abide by the Truce of Tukayyid giving the Sharks and their Clan allies time to build up and reorder things. Perhaps other Clans are added to the Invasion but what is certain is permeant contact with the InnerSphere, no pulling back.

I would approach the Nova Cat Abjuration a bit differently than canon as well maybe giving those loyalist Crusaders (must have been a few) a chance at redemption. Personally I hate waste as do the Clans and because of his efforts to save the Clan Homeworlds and some of the Clans from themselves this could stand. Another opportunity for Absorption certainly and perhaps the dawn of some new Clans as I said before.

Here is an interesting idea - the Diamond Sharks split off their Wardens to form Clan Sea Fox so they may go their own way. They are very friendly with the Nova Cats and an Absorption followed by a split would certainly be very possible. I like that a bunch! 

I'd have Victor taken as a bondsman by the Cloud Cobras who takes a Phelan route within this Clan but the loss of so many key regiments and figures would do great damage to the Star League. Oh and Lincoln Osis would be dead here either killed in combat or stripped by Hawker for keeping secrecy and sucking but perhaps Brandon Howell would finally get a chance to lead the Jags or what is left now indebted to the Sharks.

How's that for starters?

This was really great and I hope we get some Ian Hawker POV stories in a future sharpnel

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #781 on: 09 July 2022, 16:48:31 »
If in my scenario say the blood spirits wiped out serpent and reclaimed the jags genetic repository with the Jag remains what if any of the following could they claim as the victors:

1) Any salvage
2) Several " production runs" of prized sibkos
           By my understanding and correct me if I am wrong the Clans have the ability to mass produce warriors but they are limited by the trainers, time and equipment of the clan itself right?
            So could the Spirits demand " Give me 2 sibkos of Osis with a side of Moon elementals"
                  Not claiming the blood right but the actual sibkos new babies or young tykes
3) The actual blood rights
         If the jags lost a refusal trial could the Spirits claim the exclusive blood lines or did that still need GC approval?

Can any one add insight on question 2?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Re: “Save” the Jags
« Reply #782 on: 09 July 2022, 17:18:00 »
Given that 80-90% of a sibko fails to make it to warrior status, there's typically not going to be much interest by Clan in claiming a sibko from another Clan as a prize.  Demanding a certain number of warriors like they do in harvest trials would be more likely.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #783 on: 09 July 2022, 18:03:51 »
Given that 80-90% of a sibko fails to make it to warrior status, there's typically not going to be much interest by Clan in claiming a sibko from another Clan as a prize.  Demanding a certain number of warriors like they do in harvest trials would be more likely.
didn't the Falcons (or whats left of them in their OZ) just Trial for some Bear sibkos to shore up their numbers or something?
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #784 on: 09 July 2022, 18:27:04 »
Under extremely unusual circumstances.  The Remnant Falcons are at a point where they're desperate for warriors.  And they targeted sibkos that had reached the point where they were almost ready for their first trials of position.  They weren't trialing for babies or toddlers.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #785 on: 09 July 2022, 18:32:15 »
didn't the Falcons (or whats left of them in their OZ) just Trial for some Bear sibkos to shore up their numbers or something?

This is the A plot of the upcoming novel A Question of Survival

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #786 on: 10 July 2022, 02:39:41 »
Is there a new (if any) symbol for Prohaska Moon's Jaguar's 2.0 ?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #787 on: 27 August 2022, 17:43:09 »
Story line wise that's how I would write it. Osis defeated and ousted and the much cooler brandon Howell leading a new " reasonable" jags as part of another clan

I am loving the flamboyant and fab jiyi Christu leading the Neo “
Reasonable” falcons post Ilclan trial. Alas if only we could have had that with brandon Howell

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #788 on: 13 September 2022, 17:47:02 »
Under extremely unusual circumstances.  The Remnant Falcons are at a point where they're desperate for warriors.  And they targeted sibkos that had reached the point where they were almost ready for their first trials of position.  They weren't trialing for babies or toddlers.

This is something the jags I feel could have potential pulled off once or twice in the HW but how could they have rapidly replaced their terrible equipment losses?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #789 on: 13 September 2022, 18:46:36 »
Simply put, they couldn't replace either. They'd reached the point where their lack of infrastructure and production was fatal.  The only thing that could have saved them was a couple of years of being ignored while they focused on rebuilding, and that was never going to happen.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #790 on: 10 October 2022, 23:07:05 »

Something with Mongoose flavor for the ilClan-era Fidelis and resurrected Jags:

BLACK CAT (MONGOOSE IIC) —> https://bg.battletech.com/forums/battlemechs/black-cat-mongoose-iic/
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #791 on: 12 October 2022, 13:27:29 »
Something with Mongoose flavor for the ilClan-era Fidelis and resurrected Jags:

BLACK CAT (MONGOOSE IIC) —> https://bg.battletech.com/forums/battlemechs/black-cat-mongoose-iic/

New IIC?! I love to see it

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #792 on: 27 October 2022, 09:47:02 »
This was really great and I hope we get some Ian Hawker POV stories in a future sharpnel

Just cracked myself up imagining that Ian Hawker had this down on his vision board. Hawker is a character I have grown to love.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #793 on: 10 November 2022, 14:44:15 »
So I was just reminded that the jags had an entire covert ops cluster in 3060ish that went missing. I guess their write is in interstellar players 2? Can any one tell me more about them?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #794 on: 18 November 2022, 08:16:37 »
Simply put, they couldn't replace either. They'd reached the point where their lack of infrastructure and production was fatal.  The only thing that could have saved them was a couple of years of being ignored while they focused on rebuilding, and that was never going to happen.

Was their entire warship fleet wrecked in the OZ and at huntress?

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #795 on: 18 November 2022, 12:21:56 »
Was their entire warship fleet wrecked in the OZ and at huntress?

Pretty much.

The DC & CS salvaged a couple IIRC, and there were 2?, that disappeared from the Jags that were later used by renegade warriors.
But most of it was trashed completely, captured, or mothballed from serious damage.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #796 on: 08 December 2022, 18:05:09 »

This become a plot point in the new jag focused novel “ jaguars leap” which was interesting

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #797 on: 08 December 2022, 18:55:00 »
[spoiler]If only he listened to his dream[/spoiler]

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #798 on: 11 January 2023, 01:55:09 »
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this.

I swear I've seen a Clan Honor Interpretation Table that indicates 'strict / liberal / etc.' that included Smoke Jaguar ... but now for the life of me I can't find it.

Did I dream it up?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #799 on: 11 January 2023, 02:01:00 »
It's shown up a few places.  I think it's in the Designing Scenarios chapter in the back of Total Warfare.

Angrii

• Sergeant
« Reply #800 on: 11 January 2023, 11:14:30 »
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this.

I swear I've seen a Clan Honor Interpretation Table that indicates 'strict / liberal / etc.' that included Smoke Jaguar ... but now for the life of me I can't find it.

Did I dream it up?

Total Warfare page 274.
Welcome to interesting times

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #801 on: 11 January 2023, 13:45:35 »
Total Warfare page 274.

Yep, pretty much any "deceased" clan info tends to be in the core rulebooks if they were not in the FM series.
What little of it there is at least.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #802 on: 11 January 2023, 18:06:12 »
Neither of my versions of TW have the Jaguars -- could you guys relay what yours says?

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #803 on: 11 January 2023, 18:19:55 »
The Jaguars were never included in the TW tables. They're in Era Report 3052 and 3062. Strict pre-Invasion, Opportunistic post-Invasion.
« Last Edit: 11 January 2023, 18:22:02 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Escorpion Imperio • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #804 on: 11 January 2023, 18:38:17 »
Ah ha -- pg.141 ER:3062. I knew I saw it somewhere. Thanks

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #805 on: 23 February 2023, 08:58:49 »
FYI, The new Jags now have entries on the MUL for the ilClan Era http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=98&EraId=257
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #806 on: 23 February 2023, 13:10:31 »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #807 on: 23 February 2023, 13:15:54 »
The nuJags and terra falcons are going to be issued units very sparingly until we get more info on them in future publications. Their lists will probably change significantly once we get some read on their size and personalities

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #808 on: 23 February 2023, 18:19:53 »
The nuJags and terra falcons are going to be issued units very sparingly until we get more info on them in future publications. Their lists will probably change significantly once we get some read on their size and personalities
I figured that would be the case. From what's up there right now I like the sprinkling of former Republic 'Mechs in there.

This may be a weird request, but is there any way to add a feature to remove the Clan General/IS General units from the faction lists? Some times I'm looking to see what units are limited or unique to a faction
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #809 on: 23 February 2023, 18:30:16 »
I figured that would be the case. From what's up there right now I like the sprinkling of former Republic 'Mechs in there.

This may be a weird request, but is there any way to add a feature to remove the Clan General/IS General units from the faction lists? Some times I'm looking to see what units are limited or unique to a faction

If you use the search feature it will do that.

Ie search for nuJags it will only return nuJag listings rather than nuJag and clan General. Use the faction filters
NCKestrel’s new favorite.