Author Topic: When did the "BattleTech" cartoon air in-universe  (Read 2540 times)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
When did the "BattleTech" cartoon air in-universe
« on: 24 April 2016, 16:59:49 »
I've been watching through the BattleTech cartoon recently, and its reframing as a Lyran propaganda vid for youth got me wondering, when was it made?  Pre-Lyran secession or post-Civil War?

It shows Victor in a more-or-less positive light, so I can't imagine Katherine would have green-lit it during her reign (especially not with Victor's subtle reference to having to face enemies "within my own family" and factions seeking a "more suitable heir"). 
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: When did the "BattleTech" cartoon air in-universe
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2016, 18:58:03 »
pre-3057. Likely just after the Truce.

-

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2016, 19:27:59 »
Thanks, Herb. 

Any insight if the producers having Victor reference the threat of "traitors inside my own family" and "certain parties want a more suitable heir" in the show's dialogue was just melodrama added by the Lyran producers, or an intentional political slap at Ryan Steiner?  (Or an eerily prescient slap at Katherine?)
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2016, 20:21:20 »
Hard to say. For whatever reason, none of those guys lived long enough to record their commentary on the special edition re-release.

-

Register