Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 168969 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #1260 on: 09 March 2019, 08:47:01 »
Just got back into Elite Dangerous after acquiring some Saitek hardware. I do like HOTAS but really need mounts that don't cut off blood circulation.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1261 on: 09 March 2019, 23:57:19 »
Been stuck in Melbourne for a week, with an antique laptop, so only old games for me.

Currently torn between Neverwinter Nights and Caesar 3 for most hours this week.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1262 on: 10 March 2019, 21:37:31 »
Purble Place...

My kids won a contest against me, if they won I'd play nothing but Purble Place for a week...

TT

Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1263 on: 10 March 2019, 21:44:45 »
And that's the last time you're going to challenge them to a contest?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1264 on: 10 March 2019, 22:00:52 »
NO... would you?

I'd rather have fun than play stupid games for no reason.

It's called own up and good parenting... Learned time ago that for a happy family, if you mess up, deal with it.. but don't be a poor sport in the process.

Now in Battle tech... challenge them to a battle, IF they win, either Ice Cream for breakfast on Sunday or up an hour later on Saturday night... 10pm! And when they lose, chores all day Sunday, while I play Runescape or Fallout 4! ( Usually three to four hours of chores... ) Or Purble Place for a week...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1265 on: 10 March 2019, 22:18:47 »
I lack children or the desire for them.  Parenthood is not an aspiration of mine. ;)

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1266 on: 10 March 2019, 22:21:49 »
my daughter is 14 months so i can currently beat her at everything.

diablo 1 hit GoG for $10... i am tempted...

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1267 on: 10 March 2019, 22:24:08 »
I saw that too, but I just played Diablo III a year ago and remember how Diablo titles are really basically idle clickers where you can die.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1268 on: 10 March 2019, 22:26:01 »
i didn't ever play the first one much. Diablo 2 was in that magical wheelhouse where i had both the time and attention span to play video games for like eight hours a day.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1269 on: 10 March 2019, 23:18:49 »
i didn't ever play the first one much. Diablo 2 was in that magical wheelhouse where i had both the time and attention span to play video games for like eight hours a day.

If nothing else it has an entertainingly horrific end cutscene.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1270 on: 10 March 2019, 23:34:19 »
 that i have seen

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1271 on: 11 March 2019, 01:37:13 »
If nothing else it has an entertainingly horrific end cutscene.

That's not what using your head is supposed to look like!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1272 on: 11 March 2019, 08:35:35 »
That's not what using your head is supposed to look like!

"Hey mate, ya got some ibuprofen or something?" <person runs away screaming> "No? Alright."

I think it had such an impact because it came from nowhere. It was a violent and sudden non sequitur.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1273 on: 11 March 2019, 12:25:21 »
And crazy, downer endings like that weren't common yet.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1274 on: 25 March 2019, 20:16:18 »
pulled out zelda: skyward sword this weekend. i dislike it as much as before. twilight princess was a better game on almost every level.

also fired up yoshi's wooly world. it's a ****** masterpiece and i will brook no opinion to the contrary.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1275 on: 25 March 2019, 20:28:30 »
pulled out zelda: skyward sword this weekend. i dislike it as much as before. twilight princess was a better game on almost every level.

also fired up yoshi's wooly world. it's a ****** masterpiece and i will brook no opinion to the contrary.

Yoshi's Crafted World will beat it. Fite me. :)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1276 on: 25 March 2019, 20:28:56 »
I've just about beaten Persona 5 on NG+ mode and barely managed to max out all Confidants (got Haru's final scene on the very last possible day).

Now it's time to grind the cash needed to summon blatantly OP Personas for the final boss.  I mean, sure, I could be the boss with what I've got now, but where's the fun in that?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1277 on: 25 March 2019, 22:16:07 »
Yoshi's Crafted World will beat it. Fite me. :)

Raphael's School of Athens and The Sistine Madonna are both masterpieces. this isn't highlander.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1278 on: 25 March 2019, 22:26:45 »
Just picked up Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Having a lot of fun with it so far, but, I've got to teach myself to NOT play it like I would play Dark Souls or Bloodborne. *laughs*

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1279 on: 31 March 2019, 12:32:43 »
Stellaris Console Edition for the PS4 (computer isn't even close to running it) and I have to say this game is really challenging; I am on my fourth playthru and have to say that playing as a benign Democratic Empire is somewhat more rewarding than the past three Star Empires
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1280 on: 31 March 2019, 13:51:07 »
Btw, the two Fate games for the PS4- are they multiplayer only or single player with an actual story?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1281 on: 31 March 2019, 13:56:31 »
I'm pretty sure all the Fate titles are single player.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1282 on: 31 March 2019, 14:08:26 »
The blizzard nostalgia train keeps rolling with Warcraft I and II.

I mostly think about warcraft in context of BT. I hadn’t had $50 or whatever it cost in the summer of ‘95 I would have missed Mechwarrior 2, as Warcraft II swallowed my friend group’s attention for almost a year. No mw2, no 4th ed box set in late ‘96 with my birthday money and I would have almost certainly declined to join my friend’s uncle’s bt campaign.

Also wc2 joins dune 2 and the first c&c red alert as the only RTSs I ever enjoyed

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1283 on: 31 March 2019, 14:10:01 »
Only been playing VEGA conflict. Though steam on both pc and cell.

When I get an hour I play some fallout shelter on my PS4 since I don’t have psn or much free time I can slip in on it between. Chores for a few minutes if lucky while wife not home.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1284 on: 31 March 2019, 21:31:00 »
Stellaris Console Edition for the PS4 (computer isn't even close to running it) and I have to say this game is really challenging; I am on my fourth playthru and have to say that playing as a benign Democratic Empire is somewhat more rewarding than the past three Star Empires
I'm part of a 4 star nation federation and took out a fallen empire just before the other one could wake up. Just fought a 25 year war with them where I held my ground and was finally gonna fight their fleet when they sued for peace. Currently got my fleet to 200k with the end game crisis around the corner.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1285 on: 31 March 2019, 23:13:00 »
Just so you guys know, there's a few days left (till the 3rd) that Elder Scrolls Online is free with the opening quest for the new Elseweyr zone. This is one of the few MMOs I like because it has near-Skyrim quality voiced solo quests. Like, I haven't needed to be part of a group at all in the time I finished the (very good) Morrowind content.

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #1286 on: 01 April 2019, 07:43:11 »
I recently purchased myself a Nintendo Switch and got Mario Kart 8 for it and downloaded the NES games for it along with Tetris 99. So far, it's a pretty good video game system.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1287 on: 01 April 2019, 09:18:08 »
I recently purchased myself a Nintendo Switch and got Mario Kart 8 for it and downloaded the NES games for it along with Tetris 99. So far, it's a pretty good video game system.

The big revelatory moment for me was playing Breath of the Wild for ten minutes on a bus ride, putting the system to sleep, then pulling it out eight hours later and playing the game right where I left off. I don't think anyone has done that "one weird trick" before: instantaneous deep sleep with little to no power loss, making the Switch in some ways more mobile than any previous dedicated game system

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #1288 on: 01 April 2019, 12:30:37 »
The big revelatory moment for me was playing Breath of the Wild for ten minutes on a bus ride, putting the system to sleep, then pulling it out eight hours later and playing the game right where I left off. I don't think anyone has done that "one weird trick" before: instantaneous deep sleep with little to no power loss, making the Switch in some ways more mobile than any previous dedicated game system

Nintendo handhelds have been like that since at LEAST the DS, and it's in large part due to the fact they treat putting something to sleep as required for the whole system and not "well, except for these which they might find helpful to run in the background!" which is something i wish other handhelds and friggin' phones would learn.

i left my 3DS in sleep mode for 3 days with half a battery* and it was still not ready to warn me it needed a recharge when i noticed.

*forgot i turned it on at all, honestly.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1289 on: 01 April 2019, 22:45:14 »
I'm part of a 4 star nation federation and took out a fallen empire just before the other one could wake up. Just fought a 25 year war with them where I held my ground and was finally gonna fight their fleet when they sued for peace. Currently got my fleet to 200k with the end game crisis around the corner.

Part of a three-day Federation right now and we've pretty much gutted our rivals though there are two Fallen Empires on either side of the map; one i get along with and the other pretty hostile if the borders get too close to it. Right now I am working on repairing a broken ringworld within my territory