Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 168980 times)

idea weenie

• Major
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #1320 on: 06 July 2019, 17:30:30 »
Steam sale is going on, I picked up Particle Fleet

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #1321 on: 07 July 2019, 09:02:38 »
So I got back into Halo MCC in order to beat all five currently in the Xbox version on Legendary-and then I'll swap over to finish 5 on Legendary after that. Starting with Halo 4, the easiest one.

And then, if I get bored enough due to being away from my computer for the next six months, I get to do a LASO run in... All 7, when Reach gets added.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1322 on: 07 July 2019, 09:24:58 »
Aggressors: Ancient Rome is available with with -40% off the price. At a glance it may look like Civilization IV (or Civ6 with square grid instead of hexes), but game has bit more depth and complexity than vanilla Civ4 (or even Beyond the Sword), but maybe not all the way to extent of Caveman2Cosmos mod. What Aggressors has going for it is historical accuracy: civilizations are NOT equal but have significant differences. Rome starts pretty far in tech tree, Carthage starts with most of the land, Germans start with handful of units, 0 cities, and is at the start of tech tree etc. Game is also highly moddable and one Japanese has made a mod about his homeland in warring states (Sengoku Jidai) period.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #1323 on: 11 July 2019, 15:56:48 »
I'm currently enjoying Dr. Mario World on android

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #1324 on: 01 August 2019, 08:38:29 »
So I remembered that I never finished the Warfare (next game, Syrian Warfare, is better known), so I gave it another try and in the middle of one mission it occured to me that the game engine would be a good fit for a MechCommander game. Too bad I have no idea about modding.
Shoot first, laugh later.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #1325 on: 01 August 2019, 09:34:43 »
Dark Souls III

Yum! 

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #1326 on: 01 August 2019, 12:52:22 »
Grim Dawn
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
  • Mr. Flibble is Very Cross
« Reply #1327 on: 02 August 2019, 18:59:46 »
While Borderlands 3 isn't out yet, Moze the Gunner and Iron Bear, her 15 ton Mech, almost but not quite hit a lot of Classic B-Tech notes.  And Iron Bear's customizable-get yourself some bear-claws, some grenade launchers, and some miniguns to rip through the hordes of Pandora's finest scum.  Whether you go for the Demolition Woman, the Bottomless Mags, or are the Shield of Retribution, Moze is a solid Vault Hunter.  Or so it looks.

https://youtu.be/AfmfrpgXF3k
*Insert support for fashionable faction of the week here*

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #1328 on: 14 August 2019, 01:27:58 »
I went to scratch a bit of DRL itch and went to do Angel of Masochism challenge. Which means only healing comes from leveling up (and blood skulls). At first attempt I got killed by Spider Mastermind, but I got her on second try.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #1329 on: 20 August 2019, 11:24:54 »
I have been putting large hours into Fire emblem three houses really good game if you have a switch I recommend you pick it up
pro's
decent tactical combat
lots of story and re-playability
still has the dating SIM aspects

cons
still has the dating SIM aspects as this isn't for all people
can be time consuming
not the hardest game about but they have a harder difficulty incoming

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #1330 on: 20 August 2019, 16:14:59 »
I'm having fun with Grim Dawn. It's an aRPG in the style of the Diablo series but I'm enjoying it more than anything in this genre that I've looked at since Diablo 2
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1331 on: 30 August 2019, 14:39:22 »
I could not resist World of Warcraft Classic...

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1332 on: 11 September 2019, 19:13:51 »
Well, I've been playing through Dragon Age: Inquisition, but, taking a slight break due to the release of Blasphemous.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1333 on: 11 September 2019, 20:49:50 »
I just picked up Metal Wolf Chaos XD.

Fun game of the turn-of-the-millennium era third-person shooter variety.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Dubble_g

• Lieutenant
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #1334 on: 11 September 2019, 21:49:30 »
Picked up a couple of games for $10 each.

Star Wars: Battlefront II -- Campaign only so far. Ho hum, tbh. Guess it's different from a lot of shooters I'm used to--no radar, and the damage indication/direction interface isn't especially informative, so I spend way too much time trying to figure out who the heck is shooting at me. The MC is pretty fragile too, so that gets me killed pronto.

Wolfenstein: The New Order -- Now this I like. Dual-wielding guns for extra dakka. Kinetic, exciting mission and level design. Retro dieselpunk design that's clearly having way more fun with its premise than poker-faced BFII. I'm having a lot of fun.

I mean, it's kind of odd how the MC maintained his muscle mass ... I skip one leg day and my matchstick bones snap under the merciless pull of gravity, while my man goes full potato and gets about as much exercise as a chicken nugget, yet comes out the other end with musculature even Rob Liefeld would've called 'a bit much.' But that's part of the charm.
Author, "Inverted" (Shrapnel #4), "Undefeated" (#10), "Reversal of Fortunes" (#13) and "The Alexandria Job" (#15)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1335 on: 11 September 2019, 21:53:30 »
I finished the demo for Dragon Quest XI on the Switch. Got to level 12+ on 8-10 hours. That's a really generous chunk of game.

Trying to figure out what's next. I'll probably hold off on Borderlands 3 till it's on Steam. I may make another go at Pillars of Eternity on the Switch, assuming that short chunks of gameplay are easier to sustain.

Or Divinity Original Sin II which just came out (and supports cross-play from Steam!!).

Got to finish Wasteland II as well.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1336 on: 11 September 2019, 22:53:09 »
BattleTech is on humble bundle monthly for October. $13 gets you the base game and seven other games on steam. You can cancel right away if you don’t want to maintain a subscription

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1337 on: 11 September 2019, 23:18:52 »
Or Divinity Original Sin II which just came out (and supports cross-play from Steam!!).

Which platforms does Original Sin II have cross-play support on?

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1338 on: 12 September 2019, 07:05:33 »
Which platforms does Original Sin II have cross-play support on?

For me Switch and Steam. Don't know about XB1 or PS4 (or GoG).
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1339 on: 06 October 2019, 14:39:25 »
I've mentioned it before.  SO this is sad thing i do because i'm such dork for Minecraft and Naval Combat.

I play on a server that has special spigot (mod to the minecraft, not something someone logging in needs) to allow large vehicles to play.

This server called NavalClash, it has mix problem with players being bit salty despite them being some teenagers (yes groan, i put up with it).  They have no clue how old i am, i keep to myself. I try keep the place going because fun to play.

I wanted share what looks like.

Imgur Link This is a GIF of a ship2 tournament.

Game evolved from the World War 2  now their using missiles.
I still prefer the big boats, like this Ship5 size ship (largest usable one) on the server
This is my King George V, its just not as detailed because scale/limit of ship movement.

This my smaller Ship4 size Aircraft Carrier, named the Courageous. Which players can launch Wildcat fighters from it's flight deck.

« Last Edit: 12 October 2019, 22:23:59 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1340 on: 09 October 2019, 00:59:54 »
I've been trying Metal Wolf Chaos XD and I'm just about ready to give up on the game.  I've died eight time on the Grand Canyon level due entirely to the fact that it's far, far too easy to fall off one of the many narrow ledges you're forced to use, resulting in instant death.  And since it's a fairly long level, that means you've got to go all the way back to the beginning.  Which also causes you to lose all the hostages you've rescued and collectables you've picked up.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1341 on: 09 October 2019, 13:03:57 »
Sounds like "Nintendo hard"
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1342 on: 09 October 2019, 14:46:21 »
It is.  And it's annoying because other missions are not nearly as difficult.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1343 on: 09 October 2019, 15:03:11 »
finished the Link's Awakening remake on switch. going to pick up with Dragon Quest XI and Ys VIII now that i'm not so busy.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1344 on: 09 October 2019, 15:59:22 »
finished the Link's Awakening remake on switch. going to pick up with Dragon Quest XI and Ys VIII now that i'm not so busy.

I just finished it as well. I'd played it before on GB Color, but not to completion. This was a delight to play and really scratched that Link to the Past itch.

And I'm off to do Dragon Quest as well, alternating with Battletech whose campaign I *still* haven't finished. I am very glad I played the full demo of DQ which was 18 hours of generous free gamplay into the main quest.
« Last Edit: 09 October 2019, 16:00:53 by Bedwyr »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1345 on: 27 October 2019, 15:53:52 »
Call of Duty: WWII was part of humble monthly.

it continues to hold than I am VERY BAD at the more realistic end of FPS games

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1346 on: 27 October 2019, 15:57:56 »
Played HAWKEN on X-Box One.

Not as good as MechAssualt to me... kinda Armored Core-ish.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1347 on: 27 October 2019, 16:08:49 »
The Outer Worlds. Everything you want from a Fallout game that Bethesda never delivered.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1348 on: 27 October 2019, 17:20:35 »
Started the game after deciding to spring for the introductory price of the XBOX PC game pass. Playing the game for a dollar this month.

Dubble_g

• Lieutenant
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #1349 on: 27 October 2019, 22:03:07 »
Came back to Destiny 2 after a year or so, now it's gone F2P. A lot more to do now, to the point that I'm now tryna figure out what is fun or worth doing.

Gambit started off fun, but I always seem to get teammates who race to pick up the motes and then get themselves killed. I had like 60 kills and 10 motes banked last game, without dying. So that's just getting frustrating.

Nightfall is gun once, but the weekly wants you to run the same mission five times. Which is also not terribly fun. I have a better time with regular strikes, now that there's more variety.

Black armory and Calus stuff are just complicated. Get the treasure to get the rune to get the drop and sigh.
Author, "Inverted" (Shrapnel #4), "Undefeated" (#10), "Reversal of Fortunes" (#13) and "The Alexandria Job" (#15)