Register Register

Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 70917 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #1380 on: 29 November 2019, 22:15:05 »
I've haven't at a lot time to play games.  However, i recently bought a clever old school style space game called Space RPG 3 for droid.  I realize not many people pay for games, but it space trading game and roleplaying involved where you do have action.  I found most of the time most Droid games are ad filled games that may not live to the flash of the play store shows.  This one, is nice.  It appeals to me, given i paid 1.49 for the thing, with ZERO ADs. Its nice change of pace.

In the game, you start out in tiny space craft.  You do missions if you want, you can pick up cargo in your starter ship if you want, if your suicidal, you will try fight people.

If your destroyed, you go to the last world you stop without penalty, which is nice stress reliever as starting player.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #1381 on: 30 November 2019, 02:48:34 »
finally decided to open up my 3DS and fix the buttons so i'm trying to finish off Bravely Default.....not gonna lie, i'm utterly lost and managed to get myself much further into the game than i'm leveled for like i do before my handheld got jank.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1382 on: 30 November 2019, 12:49:39 »
Planetfall. Kinda reminds me of a mix of starcraft and civilization.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
"I got 99 problems but using Elementals aint one, if you got battle armor troubles i feel bad for you son"
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1383 on: 04 December 2019, 18:29:15 »
Played old school Age of Empires III last night.

Awesome and hard with five players, not to mention all eight at once!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Luciora

• Captain
« Reply #1384 on: 04 December 2019, 21:25:31 »
Sd Gundam G Generation Cross Rays.   I should have paid closer attention to the included series, but as a gateway for those who've only seen what has been released domestically, it makes sense.

I'm too used to playing the G Gen series on a handheld, so it is odd playing on my laptop.  There are some new mechanics to me they added that i do like as well.

These are the included series.

After Colony (A.C.)
New Mobile Report Gundam W   
New Mobile Report Gundam W Dual Story G-UNIT
New Mobile Report Gundam W Endless Waltz
Glory of the Losers   
New Mobile Report Gundam W
BATTLEFIELD OF PACIFIST
New Mobile Report Gundam W Endless Waltz

Cosmic Era (C.E.)
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED MSV
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ASTRAY   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED X ASTRAY
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ASTRAY R   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ASTRAY B
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY-MSV
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY ASTRAY   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E.73 STARGAZER
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E.73 ΔASTRAY   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED FRAME ASTRAYS
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS ASTRAY
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY ASTRAY R   Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY ASTRAY B

Anno Domini (A.D.)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00   
Mobile Suit Gundam 00P
Mobile Suit Gundam 00F   
Mobile Suit Gundam 00I
Mobile Suit Gundam 00V   
Mobile Suit Gundam 00V: Battlefield Record
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie
-A wakening of the Trailblazer-   Mobile Suit Gundam 00I 2314

Post Disaster (P.D.)
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans   
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans Gekko

Others
SD Gundam GX   
G GENERATION Series

mooonmagic

• Corporal
    • games i have made
« Reply #1385 on: 05 December 2019, 10:28:16 »
That's a lot of Mobile Suit Gundam!!

I've been playing a lot of Bloodborne again, after FINALLY beating Rom. Also, Donut County gets played a lot in my house because my three year old is a little obsessed with it.

Luciora

• Captain
« Reply #1386 on: 05 December 2019, 11:47:04 »
Looking over the official site for the game, it looks like an alternate universe version of G Gen.  The announced DLC includes X, Turn A, AGE, Reconguista, and Seed ASTRAY: Princess in the sky.

The rosters for the game are huge, to begin with, and it's actually really fun in the original games to start off with the proto Zaku/GM (Zani) in 0079 and slowly upgrade your unit up the tech tree, to match and even surpass the series units you fight against as you play through scenarios from a given series. 

Cross Rays so far doesn't have that feel as most of the series, that I'm aware of, already have the tech in place, so you don't have the progression tree of fighting tanks and Zakus/GMs to start and get thrown against already proven designs. 

Yes, you do have the titular heroes from the respective series to help, but playing as a semi purist, it's very difficult to shake off the missing RPG progression feel, especially if you wanted to have a completely custom created crew to start the game with.

Game allows for creating customized characters, and they use the Japanese horoscope (D.O.B. , blood type) to determine starting stats and starting ability, which is kinda fun, especially if you wanted to see what you would be like as a mobile suit or warship pilot/officer. 

You start the game with a basic ship with a single hanger capable of holding 5 suits at a time, and enough characters to fully crew the ship, and field 2 teams of 4 characters.  One based on the ship, and the other as a Raid group,  not tied to the ship but acts independently outside.

The ship can be upgraded to hold 2 teams of 5, and the raid team can be maximized at 8.

It's been fun so far, just tempered by the fact that I'm more of a UC buff than the alternate universes. 

I also ordered G Gen Genesis for my Vita and Super Robot Wars V in the meantime. 

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #1387 on: 07 December 2019, 08:45:25 »
Well the HBS Battletech again.  At that annoying stage just past Panzyr, with a
mere Dragon to my name for heavies.  I want to get my hands on Riflemen,
Marauders and Warhammers.  Seen the odd one here and there, but salvage
has been less than kind.

That and my two long term obsessions, Destiny 2 and GTA Online.  I'd not
been able to play Destiny 2 for a long time, failing graphics card and an old
messy Windows prevented it.  New card and a refreshed install, looks and