Author Topic: Recover password  (Read 3393 times)

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
Recover password
« on: 17 May 2016, 17:11:29 »
A simple question,can someone help me to recover my password?

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
Re: Recover password
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2016, 18:16:25 »
The reset password link isn't working?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2016, 20:14:39 »
Short answer, no. If your email has changed since you created the account, we can change that.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2016, 01:29:13 »
Short answer, no. If your email has changed since you created the account, we can change that.

W.

My e-mail is still teh same,never changed,so I have no chance to recover it?Should I have re-open another profile.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2016, 07:53:57 »
Try Love, Sex, Secret or God. A wise man once suggested them.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2016, 12:33:12 »
My e-mail is still teh same,never changed,so I have no chance to recover it?Should I have re-open another profile.

You are obviously logged in, so what exactly is it you are trying to accomplish?

Do you just want to know what your current password is? Nope, sorry, no way to do that. All you can do is log out, then use the Forgot your password? link on the login page to set a new password and then remember that one.

Agen3

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2016, 15:37:24 »
You are obviously logged in, so what exactly is it you are trying to accomplish?

Do you just want to know what your current password is? Nope, sorry, no way to do that. All you can do is log out, then use the Forgot your password? link on the login page to set a new password and then remember that one.

I had some technical issue with my old notebook and soon I will change it with a new one and try to recovering the password that's it.As you can see I opened another account.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2016, 17:57:00 »
Which was both uneccessary, and against the rules.

I will send you an email. When you respond to that email, this can be sorted out.

Folks - do not go around making duplicate accounts. If you can log into the forum, you can contact a mod or admin, and this can be dealt with.

Regards,

Worktroll, Ombudsman
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Agen3

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2016, 00:45:44 »
Sorry! :-[

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2016, 00:48:36 »
And it's all good now!

W.

Wikkid

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2016, 04:14:57 »
Which was both uneccessary, and against the rules.

I will send you an email. When you respond to that email, this can be sorted out.

Folks - do not go around making duplicate accounts. If you can log into the forum, you can contact a mod or admin, and this can be dealt with.

Regards,

Worktroll, Ombudsman

For future reference, what to do if you can't log into the forum? I had to create my current profile, way back when, after a password issue. Unfortunately the email address attached to it was hacked and subsequently deleted.
Be Pure. Be Vigilant. Behave!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2016, 14:04:33 »
If you can no longer log in, you're limited to emailing one of the mod or admins.

However, there is a need to prove identity, to prevent malicious attempts to access another user's account.

(Note: such attempts do happen  :( Fortunately infrequently. Which is why we won't go into more detail.)

W.

Wikkid

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2016, 14:25:30 »
Thanks you.
Be Pure. Be Vigilant. Behave!

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2016, 12:36:58 »
Thanks a lot WT,I'm back from surgery and back to the forum. :worktroll: