Author Topic: Add to the MekHQ events in the daily log  (Read 9176 times)

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
Re: Add to the MekHQ events in the daily log
« Reply #30 on: 14 August 2016, 22:58:59 »
Vampireseraphin has been working on this writing original articles for the events.  I did a few and got bored so just started operation copy and paste from sarna into mine (cannot share since I did not get permission).

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 15 August 2016, 02:55:47 »
This stuff is actually stored in the News.XML if you want it to show up in your daily log as an event.

So does this mean we can have this in game now? Or do we need to wait for VS & BW to finish their herculean undertaking? Either way, thanks for your efforts guys, I'd love to see this implemented, being fairly uneducated in BT lore.

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #32 on: 05 November 2016, 20:17:22 »
Filled out from 3000-3016 so far off sarna and what @jayof9s already had in there.

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 06 November 2016, 00:46:40 »
Filled out from 3000-3016 so far off sarna and what @jayof9s already had in there.

Is this something we could load ourselves into some folder somewhere?  Which folder?  Do I leave it zipped? 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 06 November 2016, 01:14:44 »
No, you can unzip and I *think* it goes in data\universe

Just make sure to back up the old file (provided I'm right)

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 06 November 2016, 12:07:18 »
Yeah just drop it into your data/universe fold and it will overwrite the old news.xml.  And if for some reason you dont like it then you can always just re-extract the old news.xml from your HQ.zip in your downloads folder.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #36 on: 31 December 2021, 17:07:22 »
A bit of necromancy here but i did not want to create another thread for a similar subject...

Is there a list of In Universe news organizations in the Battletech universe? or any agreeable means to create them?
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

ArcFurnace

• Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 31 December 2021, 19:39:27 »
The most accessible is likely various pages on the Sarna wiki, although this is by no means comprehensive. The original data most likely comes from the various Handbooks for the different nations of the Battletech universe, or other random sources that mention certain companies.

Known news organizations include, but are not limited to:

ComStar News Bureau (major source in Succession Wars era)
Interstellar News Network (mostly takes over from CNB in the Jihad era and following years)
Federated News Network (Federated Suns)
Irian News Interstellar (Free Worlds League), subsidiary of Irian Media Interstellar
Donegal Broadcasting Company (Lyran Commonwealth)
Tharkad Broadcasting Corporation (Lyran commonwealth)
Solaris Broadcasting Corporation (almost entirely Solaris-focused, as might be expected)
Capellan Wire Service (Capellan Confederation)

I wasn't able to find one based in the Draconis Combine, although they almost certainly have at least one.
« Last Edit: 31 December 2021, 19:41:36 by ArcFurnace »

Thom293

• Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 31 December 2021, 21:41:59 »
I think there is a DC one in one of the Jihad source books.  Ill see if I can dig it up later.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #39 on: 31 December 2021, 22:56:09 »
Alot of those are found in the various Jihad books (the source that i have been using in creating date entries on my version of the 'News' file on my local copy of MMHQ 0.48.0. I'm just curious of what others could possibly exist before hand from the Jihad?
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: 01 January 2022, 09:44:40 »
I posted this earlier in here: listing of canon news agencies

That's what I had put together from various sources when I was originally working on this, definitely not comprehensive though.