Author Topic: Havoc Mech "cracking" issue (same problem as Tomahawk II)  (Read 2926 times)

Nomad

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
Just wanted to report that I'm seeing the same problem with a Havoc mech I picked up recently that the Tomahawk II is having on the legs and arms. There are visible "cracks" on the Havoc's arms, lower legs and part of the feet. The cracks don't go very deep and can be filed away or filled in. Wanted to give a heads-up in case IWM didn't know about the problem already. Everything else with the fig is perfect.

sadlerbw

• Captain
Re: Havoc Mech "cracking" issue (same problem as Tomahawk II)
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2016, 19:41:37 »
I just put one of these together recently and can't say I noticed these little artifacts. Maybe I wasn't looking closely enough. Do you have any pictures?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2016, 20:26:47 »
Some of the CAD miniatures have that issue, we discovered after the Havoc and especially the Tomahawk II the problem. For the most part it has been solved on recent CAD mechs by using a different type of mold for the Mastering and production molds. After the convention's are over we are going to reprint and remold a few parts for the Tomahawk II that are really bad.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #3 on: 07 July 2016, 00:53:27 »
Only problem I had with my Havoc was the butt-flaps.  Otherwise it was a well designed mini IMO- it had more pieces than I like but they were well done.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #4 on: 07 July 2016, 04:02:37 »
Only problem I had with my Havoc was the butt-flaps.  Otherwise it was a well designed mini IMO- it had more pieces than I like but they were well done.
Couldn't you have left off the butt-flaps then?  ;D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #5 on: 07 July 2016, 10:30:27 »
I left them off yes, I tried glue and epoxy . . . and they would not stay.  So my Havoc is 'flapless.'
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register