Register Register

Author Topic: D/FW Mechwarrior's Guild: The endless struggle of brains versus bleach!  (Read 53575 times)

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
  • Divided States of SMASH
Re: D/FW Mechwarrior's Guild: The endless struggle of brains versus bleach!
« Reply #900 on: 17 September 2019, 12:20:31 »
Anyone up for Gaslands this weekend? I sold have the new rulebook by then. :)
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"It's just that the Hegemony had one answer to every naval problem. 'I kills it with my battleships.'" - Liam's Ghost
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"The BT universe is startlingly deficient in both wisdom and hindsight." - Cray
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
There's no shame in designing customs, so long as you keep them private and wash your hands afterwards.

Weirdo

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #901 on: 20 September 2019, 00:57:42 »
Gaslands Refueled is in my hands! Who's in?
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"It's just that the Hegemony had one answer to every naval problem. 'I kills it with my battleships.'" - Liam's Ghost
There's no shame in designing customs, so long as you keep them private and wash your hands afterwards.

sevengates

• Lieutenant
« Reply #902 on: 20 September 2019, 03:03:01 »
BUMPERCAR BOOMBOOM  :D
Don't let the vengence of heaven be you---Gary Numan

Weirdo

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #903 on: 20 September 2019, 10:00:07 »
I'll try to show up early. They changed the cost of some gear, so we need to create all new cards. Also, more factions! :D

sevengates

• Lieutenant
« Reply #904 on: 21 September 2019, 02:55:01 »
HUZZAH.....the MechWarrior: Destiny closed beta is out for playtesting. :thumbsup:

sevengates

• Lieutenant
After today's X-wing game, I reviewed my squad builds and made several changes. The biggest alteration was Anakin's squad gaining a third Torrent; the Aethersprite has built-in "Supernatural Reflexes" WITHOUT the damage penalty. (whatta point gain  :thumbsup:)

Weirdo

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
Are there plans for this Sunday?

Weirdo

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
How does everyone feel about BattleFace this weekend?

sevengates

• Lieutenant
Boats...………..IN SPAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

….btw...are collisions possible? >:D

Weirdo

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
What are you, some kind of dirty Davion? I thought the Ravens were better captains than that!

In any case, a search through StratOps says...no. The only collisions possible in BattleFace are when one ship executes a K-F jump, and materializes right on top of someone else. I figure we'll probably want to get several games under our belts before we try any hyperspace jumps during a game.

I've got the sheets ready. The Ravens will have 5 WarShips, 5 DropShips, and 4 Stars of fighters. The Falcons will have 4 WarShips, 6 DropShips, and 5 Stars of fighters. (I shorted both sides of roughly half their fighter complement to keep unit counts manageable.) Both sides come out to almost exactly 4,000 PV. I'll be bringing sheets, minis, everything. If anyone has a copy of StratOps, extra rulebooks might be handy.

sevengates

• Lieutenant
Added my copy to my tote bag for Sunday.

whistler

• Warrant Officer
  • we out-maneuver most fortifications
My body is ready >:D

As much as I want to play battleface I do want to run more gaslands and xwing. I came up with a pure Hyena/Vulture force for you, Weirdo. How many Jedi starfighters do you have sevengates? I wanna try the republic myself. Oh, and I came with an awesome Resistance StarFortress force that I want to try!
« Last Edit: Today at 14:10:00 by whistler »
Quote from: 3rdCrucisLancers
Whistler is not only a noted winner, he's a man's man, a generous philanthropist, a noted big game hunter, and a lover and a dancer. If he had a mustache it would be impeccably waxed. When he marches off to war, everyone else stays home.