Author Topic: ERROR - forum registration problems  (Read 1364 times)

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
ERROR - forum registration problems
« on: 28 November 2016, 17:42:40 »
I have recently encountered a couple people who tried registering for the forum: "I got the first email from them showing my registration. There was no second email, and when I attempt to login it's saying my account still requires admin approval."

I have looked for an email address they could use to contact someone associated with the website but have been unable to find any. (None at all for site maintenance, and no usable ones for the Admins.)

What address should I pass along, or how otherwise should I assist these would-be forum members?
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: ERROR - forum registration problems
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2016, 18:12:12 »
PM one of the admins, JadeHellbringer and God and Davion, or myself. Let us know the registered forum name, and ideally the email address, for these folks.

There can be issues if the new member shares an IP range with a known spam source - but we can sort that out with the above information to hand. In this world of DNS, that's all too easy sometime - doesn't mean anything bad, just the forum trying to protect itself.

Cheers,

Worktroll, Ombudsman.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
Re: ERROR - forum registration problems
« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2016, 23:27:03 »
Thanks, PM sent.
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)