Author Topic: Slightly early Mech of the Week - Pouncer  (Read 10531 times)

Decoy

• Captain
Re: Slightly early Mech of the Week - Pouncer
« Reply #30 on: 05 February 2017, 05:08:04 »
A closer look at the War of Reaving supplemental states that the last surviving Nova facility was retooled to produce Pouncers. (It's under the Nova section) I don't know who produces it. I know the common logic around RATS, but the War of Reaving 3085 RATs place a goodly number of Pouncers in the Coyote and Star Adder toumans while the Cloud Cobras use a few. I think it's very funny that the Homeworlds clans are turning to the 3055 Wolf 'mechs. All three of which are designed by people who are tainted by their standards.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #31 on: 05 February 2017, 08:44:59 »
Ooh interesting :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #32 on: 05 February 2017, 09:58:20 »
I think it's very funny that the Homeworlds clans are turning to the 3055 Wolf 'mechs. All three of which are designed by people who are tainted by their standards.
With the gutting of scientist castes and the scarcity of resources in the Homeworlds due to the war, I can't imagine they are going to be that picky. I imagine even an Osteon, arguably worse than a Pouncer in terms of taint, just with a nonfunctioning Nova CEWS that an angry Star Commander hit with a baseball bat until it stopped working, would not be uncommon to see in Homeworld Clans.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #33 on: 05 February 2017, 10:58:32 »
Well we know they were at least looking at the Osteon and had retained the Septecimia.  If they pulled out the NOVA from the Osteon it would be a bloody fearsome machine still.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 05 February 2017, 12:34:07 »
A closer look at the War of Reaving supplemental states that the last surviving Nova facility was retooled to produce Pouncers. (It's under the Nova section) I don't know who produces it. I know the common logic around RATS, but the War of Reaving 3085 RATs place a goodly number of Pouncers in the Coyote and Star Adder toumans while the Cloud Cobras use a few. I think it's very funny that the Homeworlds clans are turning to the 3055 Wolf 'mechs. All three of which are designed by people who are tainted by their standards.
I'm telling you, Coyote scout stars.  Four Pouncers led by a Linebacker. ;D
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
  • Don't you know, you're all my very best friends
« Reply #35 on: 05 February 2017, 15:45:24 »
Honestly, that would be a good star.  My brother would have liked it (he had a big soft spot for the 3055 Wolf mechs).

Thinking about the discussion over the F, I do have a lovely image of someone with some spare Omni pods bringing their Pouncer out as an F in the first few engagements, and then when someone gets wise and send out a nice cool running mech, send it back out as a D or an H (two really fantastic designs I've long felt) and pound the poor unsuspecting clod into submission.
"For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century..."