Author Topic: Baronies of Foxhaven  (Read 32263 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Baronies of Foxhaven
« Reply #90 on: 24 June 2017, 15:26:51 »
Interesting... do they serve the Duke at all?  And why did you go 35 tons short?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #91 on: 24 June 2017, 16:41:53 »
I imagine their relationship with the Grand Duke in particular would be "interesting".  They may be the most militarily independent but I see their situation being more economically dependent as they have little to no actual manufacturing capability.  So there were probably times they made some serious pushes to be the new government but with such limited ability to replace their losses they've been made to toe the line.

And went short because I felt it a bit fair since I gave them the mech cubicle.  Even if their supplies are limited the ability to repair at all gives them a huge strategic boost.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #92 on: 24 June 2017, 18:00:25 »
Makes sense... thanks! O0

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #93 on: 15 September 2017, 15:01:43 »
So what's new going on I Foxhaven now?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #94 on: 05 April 2020, 07:04:16 »
It's been a while, but Liam made a remark in another thread about the possibility of civil war on Foxhaven…

Trent will 100% declare for the Duke, and may even be where he is taking refuge from his Household Guard (I KNEW those light helos would come in handy)...  8)

If the Duke did need extraction, I think Dame Emily Borden would have flown the lead Little Bird, and Lieutenant Mary Morris would have led the infantry squad (leaving enough room for the Duke and his family/bodyguard(s) on the other helo).  The Guardians would have flown CAP, with that day's traffic patrol Boomerang revectored to provide overwatch.  The "ready" Griffin would have immediately started heading for the capital, while the Baron would follow with the rest of the lance.  The Barony would otherwise be on full alert.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #95 on: 05 April 2020, 07:13:53 »
Baronesa Graciela Cisneros of Torrealba will side with her distant cousin, the Grand Duke in the coming civil war. She and her five Mechs will most gloriously pound the rebel scum into human sludge.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #96 on: 05 April 2020, 08:03:06 »
That's two of us! Huzzah!  :thumbsup:

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #97 on: 05 April 2020, 10:51:46 »
House Fuchida officially has no side.

Unofficially they will quietly watch for their opportunity to gain more power for themselves.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #98 on: 05 April 2020, 11:16:23 »
That's the spirit of feudal politics right there!  ;D

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #99 on: 05 April 2020, 13:31:55 »
Middleton Manufacturing (Barony of Middleton) will side with those who pay for their goods.

The defenders are personally loyal to the family namely Lucas because they fought together off world but none of them have much interest in world conquest they've seen bigger battles.

If it comes to a fight they'll defend themselves and the plant otherwise it's down to paycheck which side Middleton sides with if any
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #100 on: 05 April 2020, 15:17:00 »
All right, that's two for the Duke, and two neutrals... looking good for the old boy...  ^-^

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #101 on: 05 April 2020, 17:25:21 »
Barony of Urania has two important things to consider:

1. The Baroness is literally the Grand Duke's wingman.

2.  They live on an airless moon and are too small to be fully self-sufficient.

They're in a tough position.  Assume if the Grand Duke is alive, the Baroness will probably support him, but not at the expense of losing access to critical supplies, like food and medical supplies.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #102 on: 05 April 2020, 18:30:42 »
Trent has a landing field, so the LAMs at least can ground there...

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #103 on: 06 April 2020, 15:02:59 »
I'm not in much shape to do detailed writeups, but I will add that Baron Gideon Yas, which owns the jumpships that bring delicious Jeweled Crab to the tables of Foxhaven's ruling elite, has declared that court politics are beneath him, however he has made contact with friends on Heroditus to supply weapons and mercenaries to interested parties.

At the point of the coup, money will have already changed hands between Yas and the conspirators, so they will be acting with the support of the kind of low rent freelancers and small units you find on Heroditus.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #104 on: 06 April 2020, 18:46:58 »
Oh ho!  An opportunity for Urania if the Duke prevails...  ^-^

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #105 on: 06 April 2020, 19:32:31 »
Forgot about this... I had an area written up (somewhere) and I don't think I ever submitted it. Which heading back thru my post log I didn't. If you still want it I got it lying around.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #106 on: 13 April 2020, 23:32:50 »
The Von Strong's support the Duke, after all he is family, sort of...

Baronet Xu Von Strong has died recently at 111 years of age, he is remembered by his daughter, Pepper Von Strong, who if those that remember, was a firebrand of a childhood.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #107 on: 17 April 2020, 18:21:23 »
Now taking submissions for mercenaries and hired guns who will be employed by the Coup plotters. I'm looking for around two mech companies total, but individual submissions should be limited to no more than a lance (or as small as a single warrior).

Their quality consists of the type of warriors you'd find in the periphery in the mid to late 3050s who can't score a contract with the major periphery powers and are willing to overthrow a government for the promise of wealth and land of their own.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #108 on: 17 April 2020, 18:25:01 »
Hmmm...  I'll have to think on that a bit to see what I can come up with.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #109 on: 17 April 2020, 18:41:15 »
Interesting idea... which side of the Periphery again?  It's been a while...

kindalas

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #110 on: 18 April 2020, 00:03:53 »
Now taking submissions for mercenaries and hired guns who will be employed by the Coup plotters. I'm looking for around two mech companies total, but individual submissions should be limited to no more than a lance (or as small as a single warrior).

Their quality consists of the type of warriors you'd find in the periphery in the mid to late 3050s who can't score a contract with the major periphery powers and are willing to overthrow a government for the promise of wealth and land of their own.

I'll throw a unit into the ring.

Do you have a preference for stock mech models?

Or are you okay with minor variants with a few pieces of new tech.

Like CASE and Prototype Freezers?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #111 on: 18 April 2020, 02:55:36 »
if the Duke dies, the Mac Néill clan (meaning Dania Mac Néill) will immediately place claim to the Duchy for Jabir Mac Néill based on their relation to the royal family line, and the fact that they can claim the current line is illegitimate.
They will also start calling in any deals and favors they have to get support for their claim. even if it means paying for the support of the more mercenary minded baronies.

In addition they will immediately begin refitting as many Crosscut Industrial mechs as they can spare to this configuration, mostly by the experience of removing the lift hoist and chainsaw arm and then adding in the new equipment using prepared hardware kits. (they have been planning for this eventuality for some time)

Code: [Select]
Crosscut NorthPoint
ED-X2NP ForestryMech MOD
Mass: 30 tons
Chassis: Industrial Industrial Biped
Power Plant: 90 ICE
Cruising Speed: 32.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 54 kph
Armor: Industrial
Armament:
1 Machine Gun
1 LRM 10
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: [TBD]
Tech Rating/Availability: D/F-X-X-X
Cost: 856,130 C-bills

Type: Crosscut NorthPoint
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Tonnage: 30
Battle Value: 277
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure Industrial 6
Engine 90 ICE 6
     Walking MP: 3
     Running MP: 5
     Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sink: 2 2
Gyro: 1
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor (Industrial ): 42 4

Location Internal Structure Armor Value
Head 3 4
Center Torso 10 5
Center Torso (rear) 3
R/L Torso 7 5
R/L Torso (rear) 3
R/L Arm 5 3
R/L Leg 7 4

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
Half Machine Gun Ammo (100) CT 1 0.5
Machine Gun CT 1 0.5
LRM 10 Ammo (12) RA 1 1
LRM 10 RA 2 5
(basically mounting the MG and ammo into the existing cargo bay, installing the three heatsinks into the mounts the engine didn't fill when stock, and then bolting a pre-assembled missile pod on instead of the chainsaw)
the refit is not pretty, it runs pretty hot, and without any sort of advanced targeting hardware it isn't very accurate, but it'll give their militia some additional fire support. i leave it up to Liam's Ghost as to how many they actually can convert before physical hostilities break out.

may i suggest making a list of who is on what side? also can we get Liam's Ghost in here to actually outline a specific scenario? this might make an interesting Megamek campaign
« Last Edit: 18 April 2020, 03:02:55 by glitterboy2098 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #112 on: 18 April 2020, 07:21:57 »
Winger's Stingers

Steve Winger is a Davion deserter who fled rather than ship out for the clan front.  Absconding with his 'mech and an armful of loot, he was able to assemble a lance of like-minded MechWarriors and their pooled resources enabled them to hire a Heavy Wheeled APC as a "recovery vehicle" that could also carry all their support personnel.  Unfortunately, no one was hiring a lance of Stingers until a contract showed up promising huge rewards.  How hard could it be to put down some disunited planetary militia?  It sounded almost too good to be true...

Steve Winger: STG-3G, 3/3
Alice Jones: STG-3R, less half a ton of MG ammo, plus armor, 4/3
John Wells: STG-3R, less half a ton of MG ammo, plus Recon Camera, 3/4
Will Jackson: STG-3R, less half a ton of MG ammo, plus cargo space, 4/3

Heavy Wheeled APC (w/1 set of Paramedic Gear), 1 platoon of 30 infantry/AsTechs, 5 Techs, Medical Team (Doc + 4 Medics), Admin Team (Lawyer + 3 "Admin Assistants")

50 PAX total
« Last Edit: 20 April 2020, 18:01:31 by Daryk »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #113 on: 18 April 2020, 07:30:58 »
Ivar Magnusson was cashiered from his last mercenary unit for "excessive brutality".  It wasn't his fault he was assigned to do crowd control in a Firestarter!  What did they expect, really?  With that on his record, he'd been living on savings for almost a year when a Periphery contract came up, and the hiring agent didn't even bother to read past "Firestarter" on his sheet.  That's not a bad sign, right?  Right??

Ivar Magnusson: FS9-H, 3/3
« Last Edit: 18 April 2020, 08:26:21 by Daryk »

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #114 on: 18 April 2020, 08:23:37 »
Brandon "Chopper" Calloway

A former Solaris VII fighter, Chopper´s promising (or so he said) arena career was cut short when his ´Mech´s hatchet cut short the life an opponent that had already been judged defeated by the referees. He left Solaris VII with his ´Mech, also named Chopper, and headed first to Galatea, and then to the Periphery when a promising contract came up.

Piloting 3, Gunnery 4

Mech: "Chopper", a (as he calls it) Hatchethawk; take a PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk, remove the machine guns and ammo and left arm medium laser, and install a hatchet taken from a Hatchetman in their place.

Warning: "Chopper" Calloway does not play well with others.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #115 on: 18 April 2020, 08:59:26 »
As requested, I'm adding a column to the table for Loyalty.  Blanks are undeclared, and yes, I realize some I've labeled as "Neutral" have more nuanced positions than that.

Code: [Select]
Barony          Author           # of 'mechs  Loyalty    Resources
Greenfan        Tegyrius             4                   Agriculture (Fruit, Grain)
Trent           Daryk                4        Duke       Agriculture (Cattle), Light Vehicle Manufacturing
Ouachita        Arkansas Warrior     5                   Agriculture, Timber, Mining
Okro            Vegam Ranger         5                   Mining (Silver, Copper), Insurgents
Port Royale     Colt Ward            5                   2 Large Ports, Shipping
Torrealba       Sharpnel             4        Duke       Agriculture (Sheep, Cattle), Mining (Bauxite, Copper, Gold), Small Electronics, Household Appliances
Urania          Giovanni Blasini     5        Duke       Rare Elements
North Point     glitterboy2098       5        Neutral    Timber, Ethanol Fuel
Von Strong      truetanker           5        Duke       Agriculture (Sheep), Timber
New Uttarak     Siegfried Marcus     4                   Mining, Timber, Agriculture
Middleton       Dragon Cat           7        Neutral    Weapons Manufacturing
Fujiyama        monbvol              4        Neutral    Functioning 'mech cubicle
Duke's Hold     Liam                 ?        Rebels     Capitol
14th Barony     Liam                 0        Rebels     Jumpship

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #116 on: 20 April 2020, 14:48:01 »
Okay gave myself an idea for mercs but I'll have to go back and read some stuff to work up the fluff for them.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #117 on: 20 April 2020, 18:05:56 »
We've got a lance and a half so far... the more the merrier!  :thumbsup:

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #118 on: 20 April 2020, 19:22:27 »
Just trying to decide right now if I should keep with the tanks I gave them, which are custom designs that are a bit high tech but I'm working up a twist to make that actually a downside for them in the current situation, or go a different direction.

Hell with it I'll keep with it.

The story of the 4th Panzer Grenadiers begins with Able Motorized Systems.  Able Motorized Systems was a civilian tractor manufacturing company that barely survived the Succession Wars intact.  With the recovery of the Helm Core and their mostly intact manufacturing plant they were given several grants and government assistance to convert into a military production plant.  Part of this was an obscure set of blue prints for what was obviously meant to be a competitor for the Scorpion and Vedette designated Mechanized Project 4.

Able Motorized Systems put this unit into production and to help confront the juggernaught that was Quickcell's marketing department they heavily invested in creating the 4th Panzer Grenadiers mercenary unit as their own advertising piece late in the 3040s.

The 4th Panzer Grenadiers wound up a mixed battalion using the new M4 Amos and field gun infantry in tandem.  Their initial record was surprising for a purely conventional unit.

Then 3050 rolled around.  Able Motorized Systems gave the 4th Panzer Grenadiers the brand new A1 model that incorporated recovered technology with the intention of sending the 4th Panzer Grenadiers into the Clan meat grinder.  Learning of this the entire unit mutinied, Dropship, Jumpship, and all the new technology suddenly went rogue.

The sheer career suicide of this move forced the 4th Panzer Grenadiers to go far afield to look for work and presents them with a new problem.  With all this advanced technology and no way to replace it any losses they take will be very difficult to replace.

Well two really.  The Dropship and Jumpship crews are not entirely thrilled at having to work in the area, fearing pirate attacks that they cannot repel as the unit has no ASF assets to protect either vessel.

Unit Composition:

12 M4A1 Amos tanks(can be found here)
6 Platoons LB-10X Field Gunners
Full support staff

Overall unit rating is Regular but given their recent past they are Questionable at best, especially their transport assets.

CO: Kennet McPhall
« Last Edit: 20 April 2020, 19:48:53 by monbvol »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #119 on: 20 April 2020, 19:29:08 »
Wow... a full battalion of advanced tech conventional support...  Baron Trent is going to be wondering how much they've been paid...

Register