Author Topic: Coming Soon to MegaMek  (Read 275033 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: Coming Soon to MegaMek
« Reply #780 on: 22 March 2022, 19:52:19 »
Should the alternate ammunitions be included for TW scale?

I only ask because there were already alternate ammunitions for small arms that never got a conversion to total warfare scale, like AP, HE, Flechette, or incendiary, though I haven't looked if alternate ammunitions for small arms are prohibited from calculation or not.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #781 on: 22 March 2022, 20:02:25 »
We don’t have the ability to switch ammo on infantry weapons without making a version of weapon firing it. I’ve done that to limited extent with these.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #782 on: 23 March 2022, 00:45:23 »
We don’t have the ability to switch ammo on infantry weapons without making a version of weapon firing it. I’ve done that to limited extent with these.

Sure, and it'd be a mess that would basically force you to something like quintuple the size of the small arms list, but I'm specifically referring to this reference in the rules:

AToW Companion page 169:
In all of the cases described here, presume that the weapon is using its default ammunition type. If the weapon uses Ordnance, these same rules apply, but an extra step will need to be incorporated into the process, as indicated under Converting Damage for Ordnance-Using Weapons (below).

Wouldn't that ruling apply to all non-ordnance weapons, including the shrapnel guns with their own special alternate ammunition?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #783 on: 23 March 2022, 03:36:41 »
Looks like the right rounding formula.

Also, don't forget that the 0.6 limit only applies to primary weapons.  Using those Bartons as secondary weapons means they do their full damage.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #784 on: 23 March 2022, 09:18:29 »
Sure, and it'd be a mess that would basically force you to something like quintuple the size of the small arms list, but I'm specifically referring to this reference in the rules:

AToW Companion page 169:
In all of the cases described here, presume that the weapon is using its default ammunition type. If the weapon uses Ordnance, these same rules apply, but an extra step will need to be incorporated into the process, as indicated under Converting Damage for Ordnance-Using Weapons (below).

Wouldn't that ruling apply to all non-ordnance weapons, including the shrapnel guns with their own special alternate ammunition?

At this time we have no plans to support it, the weapons where converted based on stats. Some weapons that where given alternate ammo (i.e. AP rounds for the Barton) got added as a separate weapon type like we've done with the other weapons.

Looks like the right rounding formula.

Also, don't forget that the 0.6 limit only applies to primary weapons.  Using those Bartons as secondary weapons means they do their full damage.

We handle that via code not in the weapon stats.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #785 on: 23 March 2022, 09:36:29 »
Hmmm...  I might have to see if I have the PDF of Shrapnel with the Barton to reference because I would find it odd that a Sniper Rifle would be classed as an Ordinance using weapon and thus subject to that rule.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #786 on: 23 March 2022, 09:43:33 »
Hmmm...  I might have to see if I have the PDF of Shrapnel with the Barton to reference because I would find it odd that a Sniper Rifle would be classed as an Ordinance using weapon and thus subject to that rule.
The Barton as listed in Shrapnel has "Standard Rounds" and a "Anti-Armor Rounds" so they got added as

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #787 on: 23 March 2022, 09:46:04 »
As if Infantry could get any messier, CGL finds a way.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #788 on: 23 March 2022, 09:58:27 »
I can appreciate all the interest in the new weapons and all the questions. But we've added them as best we can within the limitations of the current code.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #789 on: 23 March 2022, 10:01:55 »
Hammer and MegaMek team do not get me wrong.  I am not blaming you in anyway shape or form.  If anything this just highlights how badly Infantry have been in need of a sanity overhaul for a long time and CGL seems intent on making it worse before making it better.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #790 on: 23 March 2022, 10:09:29 »
While not a perfect implementation, playing with these I do find infantry more fun. I hope they continue to expand the infantry weapon lists further in Shrapnel.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #791 on: 23 March 2022, 12:52:08 »
At this time we have no plans to support it, the weapons where converted based on stats. Some weapons that where given alternate ammo (i.e. AP rounds for the Barton) got added as a separate weapon type like we've done with the other weapons.

But... the conversion rules say assume the weapon uses default ammo. So alternate ammos aren't supposed to be used at the total warfare scale at all.

To be completely rules compliant, there shouldn't be an option to select, for example, a barton with AP rounds at all.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #792 on: 23 March 2022, 18:10:32 »
Shrapnel is what listed the two as separate entries.  Ask trboturtle if you want to know why (he wrote the article).

And yes, having infantry with reasonable range is awesome!  :thumbsup:

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #793 on: 23 March 2022, 18:15:29 »
Shrapnel is what listed the two as separate entries.  Ask trboturtle if you want to know why (he wrote the article).

Still, it's not actually any different from any of the other alternate ammunition options, aside from being more effective than any of them. There's nothing in the text to indicate they would function any differently than other small arms at the TW scale.

At the very least I feel like the alternate ammos should at least be moved to the unofficial category.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #794 on: 26 March 2022, 22:10:18 »
Very early in development. No ETA

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #795 on: 27 March 2022, 06:10:42 »
A Hunchback rebuilt by Quickcell ;D
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
« Reply #796 on: 28 March 2022, 01:07:25 »
I figure it is just part of testing but what is standard that is listed there twice? 
I would assume standard armor, which would be fun to see it fall off in sheets cause it was just crazy glued on to the mech cause of lack of time and tools  :o

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #797 on: 28 March 2022, 13:39:59 »
So, you might just say it's... jury rigged.   ^-^
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #798 on: 13 April 2022, 19:17:34 »
Coming soon to MekHQ: Death Module and Random Death
MegaMek Developer - MekHQ, Personnel, and Internal Focus
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube.
« Reply #799 on: 13 April 2022, 20:40:05 »
Love it!

I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube. That person is a hateful person that does not represent the spirit of Buckaroo Banzai nor its fandom.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #800 on: 14 April 2022, 10:39:39 »
Oh... poor male personnel. But it can't be hepled since male person actually have slightly higher death rate over female person in the reality and female person has higher average lifespan than male person.  :'(  :'(

I don't think that it would be followed soon, but are you have any plan for implement the mental degrading of EI/DNI with the death module? With this the personnel is not expected to live longer, after all.

Also it would be possible that hard work may raise the chance slightly, such as overwork of technical staffs, but is it also planned as well?

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #801 on: 14 April 2022, 21:29:56 »
The Death Module has been merged for 0.49.8.

@PuppyLikesLaserPointers
I'm only planning on bugfixes and data adjustments for the near future, unless I've missed something obvious or easy.

Further, I've got no plans for increasing the code for anything related to IOptions (SPAs, Edge, Implants, Quirks, Legacy Preferences, Client Settings). It's a setup we need to simplify, and I don't want to increase the work to do so.

Finally, Overwork isn't happening, way too specific.
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #802 on: 14 April 2022, 23:38:32 »
Well, I know that you don't have to listen every single suggestion. Your work through years are already amazing, and making it too complex is usually not worth the effort either.

By the way, were the ancestors added on the next version? Else it is still on develop? Since I am manually hire the person, edit the profile, making the family relations manually via xml editor, then make the personnel retire each time whrn I want to make the relationship, I can't wait for this.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #803 on: 21 April 2022, 12:34:10 »
Coming soon to MegaMek and the Lab.

Improved BV calculations and cost calculations. Also have improved output to HTML and Text.

Sample of BV Calculations output.
Code: [Select]
Battle Value Calculations For BattleMaster BLR-1G
-------------------------------------------------

Defensive Battle Rating Calculation:
   Total Armor HD (9) x 1.0                                                                             9.0
   Total Armor CT (51) x 1.0                                                                           51.0
   Total Armor RT (36) x 1.0                                                                           36.0
   Total Armor LT (36) x 1.0                                                                           36.0
   Total Armor RA (24) x 1.0                                                                           24.0
   Total Armor LA (24) x 1.0                                                                           24.0
   Total Armor RL (26) x 1.0                                                                           26.0
   Total Armor LL (26) x 1.0                                                                           26.0
   Total modified armor BV x 2.5                                                                    = 580.0
   Total I.S. Points x IS Multipler x 1.5 x Engine Multipler   130 x 1.0 x 1.5 x 1.0                = 195.0
   Weight x Gyro Multipler                                     85.0 x 0.5                            = 42.5
   Defensive Equipment:                                                                                   
   Total BV of all Defensive Equipment                                                                = 0.0
   Explosive Weapons/Equipment Penalty                                                              = -45.0
                                                                                                  ---------
                                                                                                      772.5
   Run MP                                                                                                 6
   Target Movement Modifier For Run                                                                       2
   Target Movement Modifier for Jumping                                                                   0
   Target Movement Modifier For UMUs                                                                      0
   Target Movement Modifier                                                                             2.0
   Multiply by Defensive Movement Factor of                    1.2                                    x 1.2
                                                                                                  ---------
   Defensive Battle Value                                                                           = 927.0

Offensive Battle Rating Calculation:
   Base Heat Efficiency                                        24                                         
    - Run Heat                                                  - 2                                       
                                                                                                       = 22
   Unmodified Weapon BV:                                                                                   
   Machine Gun                                                                                          5.0
   Machine Gun                                                                                          5.0
   PPC                                                                                                176.0
   SRM 6                                                                                               59.0
   Medium Laser                                                                                        46.0
   Medium Laser                                                                                        46.0
   Medium Laser (R)                                                                                    46.0
   Medium Laser (R)                                                                                    46.0
   Unmodified Front BV:                                                                               429.0
   Unmodified Rear BV:                                                                                 92.0
   Unmodfied Turret BV:                                                                                 0.0
   Total Unmodfied BV:                                                                                521.0
   Unmodified Front non-arm BV:                                                                       243.0
   Unmodfied Rear non-arm BV:                                                                          92.0
   Weapon Heat:                                                                                           
   Machine Gun                                                                                        + 0.0
   Machine Gun                                                                                        + 0.0
   PPC                                                                                               + 10.0
   SRM 6                                                                                              + 4.0
   Medium Laser                                                                                       + 3.0
   Medium Laser                                                                                       + 3.0
                                                                                                  ---------
   Total Heat:                                                                                       = 32.0
   Weapons with no heat at full BV:                                                                       
   Heat Modified Weapons BV:                                                                               
   (Heat Exceeds Mech Heat Efficiency)                                                                     
   PPC                                                         Heat efficiency reached,               176.0
   Heat count:                                                 10.0                                       
   SRM 6                                                       Heat efficiency reached,                59.0
   Heat count:                                                 14.0                                       
   Medium Laser                                                Heat efficiency reached,                46.0
   Heat count:                                                 17.0                                       
   Medium Laser                                                Heat efficiency reached,                46.0
   Heat count:                                                 20.0                                       
   Heat count:                                                 23.0                                       
   Medium Laser                                                Heat efficiency reached, half BV        23.0
   Heat count:                                                 26.0                                       
   Medium Laser(R)                                             Heat efficiency reached, half BV        11.5
   Heat count:                                                 29.0                                       
   Medium Laser(R)                                             Heat efficiency reached, half BV        11.5
   Heat count:                                                 32.0                                       
                                                                                                  ---------
   Total Weapons BV Adjusted For Heat:                                                                429.0
   Misc Offensive Equipment:                                                                               
   Total Misc Offensive Equipment BV:                                                                   0.0
   Total Ammo BV:                                                                                      15.0
   Add weight                                                                                        + 85.0
   Final Speed Factor:                                                                                 1.12
   Weapons BV * Speed Factor                                   529.0 x 1.12                        = 592.48
   Offensive BV + Defensive BV                                 927.0 + 592.48                     = 1519.48
   Total BV * Cockpit Modifier                                 1519.48 x 1.0                       = 1519.0
                                                                                                  ---------
   Final BV                                                                                          1519.0

Sample of cost output (this can be configured for dry costs or loaded costs)
Cost Calculations For BattleMaster BLR-1G
-----------------------------------------
   Cockpit                              200,000
   Life Support                          50,000
   Sensors                              170,000
   Myomer                               170,000
   Structure                             34,000
   Actuators                             98,600
   Engine                         1,926,666.667
   Gyro                               1,200,000
   Jump Jets                                N/A
   Heatsinks                             16,000
   Full Head Ejection System                N/A
   Armored System Components                N/A
   Armor                                145,000
   1 PPC                                200,000
   6 Medium Laser                       240,000
   2 Machine Gun                         10,000
   1 SRM 6                               80,000
   Conversion Equipment                     N/A
   Quirk Multiplier                         N/A
   Omni Multiplier                          N/A
   Weight Multiplier                     x 1.85
                                  -------------
   Total Cost:                        8,399,493

Cost Calculations For Sovetskii Soyuz Heavy Cruiser (Dire Wolf) (2845)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Bridge                                                    8,500,000
   Computer                                                    200,000
   Life Support                                              1,665,000
   Sensors                                                      80,000
   FCS                                                         100,000
   Gunnery Control Systems                                      70,000
   Structural Integrity                                      8,000,000
   Drive Unit                                                8,300,000
   Engine                                                   99,600,000
   Engine Control Unit                                           1,000
   KF Drive                                              9,317,625,000
   KF Drive Support System                               2,660,000,000
   Attitude Thrusters                                           25,000
   Docking Collars                                             600,000
   Fuel Tanks                                                  285,600
   Armor                                                    31,875,000
   Heat Sinks                                                6,450,000
   Life Boats/Escape Pods                                      100,000
   Grav Decks                                               10,000,000
   Bays                                                        567,000
   Quarters                                                        N/A
   1 Mobile Hyperpulse Generators (Mobile HPG)           1,000,000,000
   1 Killer Whale Ammo                                          20,000
   8 Naval PPC (Medium)                                     26,000,000
   4 NAC/20 Ammo                                               240,000
   12 Naval Autocannon (NAC/20)                             60,000,000
   4 Capital Missile Launcher (Barracuda)                      360,000
   2 Capital Missile Launcher (Killer Whale)                   300,000
   6 Naval Laser 45                                          5,100,000
   4 Barracuda Ammo                                             32,000
   Weapons/Equipment                                     1,092,052,000
   Weight Multiplier                                               x 2
                                                        --------------
   Total Cost:                                          26,492,191,200

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
« Reply #804 on: 04 May 2022, 08:36:57 »
In regards to Infantry, couldn't Alt. Ammo Types as well as Support Weapons, be coded like Mechs?

If you shoot the main weapon, you choose the ammo type like you would regarding regular Alt. Ammo types from Bins. Support Weapons couldn't be fired unless the Movement of the unit was limited.
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #805 on: 04 May 2022, 09:24:43 »
In regards to Infantry, couldn't Alt. Ammo Types as well as Support Weapons, be coded like Mechs?

If you shoot the main weapon, you choose the ammo type like you would regarding regular Alt. Ammo types from Bins. Support Weapons couldn't be fired unless the Movement of the unit was limited.
Not without an extensive code rework.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #806 on: 06 June 2022, 06:26:23 »
Was anyone working on beast mounted infantry?

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #807 on: 06 June 2022, 06:42:21 »
Was anyone working on beast mounted infantry?
No
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #808 on: 19 June 2022, 12:12:08 »
One of our new contributors (Pakfront) is working on an improvement to the Unit Display General Tab. No ETA but going to be a big improvement!

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #809 on: 19 June 2022, 14:29:49 »
Ooh, nifty!
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."