Author Topic: Foward for the Confederation! - 2nd Tikonov Guards Alpha Strike project  (Read 2658 times)

Black_Knyght

• Lieutenant
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
so using Simple Green. figure i'll do the first scrubbing later today. just wish the plastic mechs didn't float

Tie a heavy nut to them by a piece of string and floating isn't an issue

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
eh, it isn't that bad.. it is mostly just the stilt legs, the Unseen marauder was pretty big too.

Black_Knyght

• Lieutenant
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
Maybe so, though my Unseen Marauders aren't half again taller than my Cyclopes. ;)

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
Maybe so, though my Unseen Marauders aren't half again taller than my Cyclopes. ;)
no, but they do have nearly half again as much volume.. marauders are big, no matter how you cut it.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel

managed to get some priming down today. that's 8 of 24 figures.

went with the Scout and Striker lances first because i still need to do some cleanup on the others.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
Good news, I finally have what I need to base my tanks and my battle armor, so I will be able to return to this soon and work on the other lances as well as finishing up the recon and strikers.

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
Where is the "I love this!" button?
ho, well, gonna add a homer
 [drool]
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
and in my excitement over getting the small rectangles of wood i need to base my smaller stuff, i forgot that the weather is well below freezing, and is going to stay that way for several weeks from the forecast. :(

no way i can primer in these conditions.

worktroll

• Oldest and fatherless
  • Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Brush-on? I'm afraid it's years since I spray primered.

Just make sure it's not too thick - find a brand, add a little water if needed, use a broad brush (1/4"or so).

I have sort of the opposite issue - it's not often too hard to do the matt sealing, but it can often be too wet. My wife is sick of me saying "Looks like good varnishing weather today" ... ;)

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
Eagerly awaiting more.
Hayden