Author Topic: Foward for the Confederation! - 2nd Tikonov Guards Alpha Strike project  (Read 9347 times)

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
so using Simple Green. figure i'll do the first scrubbing later today. just wish the plastic mechs didn't float

Tie a heavy nut to them by a piece of string and floating isn't an issue

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
eh, it isn't that bad.. it is mostly just the stilt legs, the Unseen marauder was pretty big too.

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
Maybe so, though my Unseen Marauders aren't half again taller than my Cyclopes. ;)

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
Maybe so, though my Unseen Marauders aren't half again taller than my Cyclopes. ;)
no, but they do have nearly half again as much volume.. marauders are big, no matter how you cut it.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel

managed to get some priming down today. that's 8 of 24 figures.

went with the Scout and Striker lances first because i still need to do some cleanup on the others.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
Good news, I finally have what I need to base my tanks and my battle armor, so I will be able to return to this soon and work on the other lances as well as finishing up the recon and strikers.

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
Where is the "I love this!" button?
ho, well, gonna add a homer
 [drool]
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
and in my excitement over getting the small rectangles of wood i need to base my smaller stuff, i forgot that the weather is well below freezing, and is going to stay that way for several weeks from the forecast. :(

no way i can primer in these conditions.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Brush-on? I'm afraid it's years since I spray primered.

Just make sure it's not too thick - find a brand, add a little water if needed, use a broad brush (1/4"or so).

I have sort of the opposite issue - it's not often too hard to do the matt sealing, but it can often be too wet. My wife is sick of me saying "Looks like good varnishing weather today" ... ;)

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
Eagerly awaiting more.
Hayden

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
finally got around to this again. found a paint mix that is closer to the color i needed, so now it looks closer to what it should be. got the Pursuit Lance base painted, and the BA based.

with the pending point value changes i will probably have to adjust the total points and some of the variants around, but at this point i figure i'll not stretch too far from this unit makeup.. i'll probably just bring the points up from 600PV to 800 and stick in some extra skill boosts or maybe some extra vehicle lances. (i haven't run the full numbers, but i estimate the unit to have gone from 599pv to about 650 or so.)

the weather looks fairly clear for the next few days, so i'll try to get the other lances primed and base coasted before long.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
and because the file size limits are annoying

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
so with the new PV's i had to fiddle with the unit roster a bit.. thankfully the only change i made that effects the mini's was to drop the Vedettes.. in favor of a pair of Partisan AA Vehicles. which are the same PV as vedettes, and more or less the same stats, but certainly make the force feel more "dark age" (even though i'm not happy how huge the MWDA figures i have are compared to the mechs)

but i was able to upgrade the Fa-Shih to the LRR version, which ought to be more useful (due to having a 1/1/- damage profile.. much better than a 2/-/- of the other regular Fa-Shih types). i also was able to upgrade the Catapults to -C5 models (for slightly better durability) and the Cicada's to -3MA's, a definite improvement over the -3M's (even if they do lose a touch of range.)
i also boosted the skills to a bunch of units.. Cadre from the CCAF and experienced campaigners left over from the original founding. i tried to leave plenty of regulars though to reflect newer troops. (couldn't bring myself to use green crews..)

final PV works out to 797.. if my math works out right. i grabbed the latest version of the rulebook PDF's just to be on the safe side.
« Last Edit: 24 August 2018, 02:01:09 by glitterboy2098 »

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
If it weren't for requiring some pinning, you could cut out a portion of each leg to shorten it a bit on that MAD.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
i don't mind it. it is actually not that different in size from the old 3rd ed plastic marauders. marauders have always been a bit on the big size for their tonnage.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
with the new numbers in the MUL, went through and used the force builder to double check my work, and made a few tweaks to the skills.

Code: [Select]
Model Name Type Size BasePV Skill AdjPV Role Formation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CP-11-A-DC Cyclops BM 4 38 3 46 Sniper Fire Support Lance
MAD-5L Marauder BM 3 42 1 66 Sniper Fire Support Lance
CPLT-C5 Catapult BM 3 42 3 50 Missile Boat Fire Support Lance
CPLT-C5 Catapult BM 3 42 3 50 Missile Boat Fire Support Lance
(Standard) Partisan AAV CV 2 16 3 19 Sniper Fire Support Lance
(Standard) Partisan AAV CV 2 16 3 19 Sniper Fire Support Lance
(250)

VND-3Lr Vindicator BM 2 26 3 31 Brawler Battle Lance
TDR-7M Thunderbolt BM 3 39 4 39 Brawler Battle Lance
[LRR] Fa-Shih BA 1 16 3 19 Ambusher
(186)

LCT-1Vb Locust BM 1 23 4 23 Striker Striker Lance
LCT-1Vb Locust BM 1 23 4 23 Striker Striker Lance
CDA-3MA Cicada BM 2 35 4 35 Striker Striker Lance
CDA-3MA Cicada BM 2 35 4 35 Striker Striker Lance
(154)

YHC-3E Yinghuochong BM 1 26 1 41 Striker Recon Lance
TR1 Wraith BM 2 41 2 57 Skirmisher Recon Lance
RVN-4L Raven BM 1 31 3 37 Scout Recon Lance
RVN-4L Raven BM 1 31 3 37 Scout Recon Lance
(210)

gonna have to come up with a nice bit of personalization on that Marauder. thinking i'll fluff it as a former Republic Knight, or a transfer from some prestigious capcon unit there to act as Cadre. maybe add some gold trim and a nice water slide decal choice.

edit: my next force has just been assembled.. a 200PV "supplementary" force from Bannson's Raiders. a lance of mechs (mostly the oddballs that don't fit thematically well into any of my other planned forces), a half a dozen light vehicles, and some gray death battle armor. the skills generally suck (regular pilots, green BA, and 'deadmeat walking' novice for most of the vehicles, which are mainly there as ablative scouting/hazing. so about normal for Wyld's Jokers..
« Last Edit: 25 August 2018, 08:37:41 by glitterboy2098 »

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
ooh, please tell me that you're going to paint up the Jokers too
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
i need to check to see if they have any special paint schemes, and to be honest, even if they don't i'll probably throw a fair bit of customization onto the mech schemes for them beyond the standard bannson's raiders. but i'm afraid my skills aren't up to free handing the logo.

i picked the bannson's raiders because they had Capellan ties in the fiction, and went with the jokers because in order to fit what i wanted in to 200pv, i had to skimp on the skills, which seemed a match to that unit.

mostly i wanted to be able to add a small force that could bring the cappellans up to 1000pv.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Bannson's Raiders use a scheme of Turquoise and Beige. The amount of each color as well as placement is at the discretion of the pilot. Warriors sometimes paint trim or entire sections of their equipment in burgundy to signify kills or elite status.

There yo go!

More references: http://www.warrenborn.com/Search.php?FACTION=Bannson%27s%20Raiders
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
knew about the main colors.. used to have a bunch of Bannson's mechs for the clixgame. rarely used them because frankly, i had better options, but had them. didn't know about the burgandy thing.. i don't think that was a part of the clix figures (or at least, the ones i had)

i do have some waterslide transfers from my warhammer 40K days i might dig out. the chaos ones (can't remember how i got them) have some suitably piratical logos for them.

Register