Author Topic: NEWS: Anthony Scroggins Named BattleTech Art Director  (Read 1167 times)

Cubby

• Communications
  • Lieutenant
  • Back in Black
NEWS: Anthony Scroggins Named BattleTech Art Director
« on: 26 March 2018, 20:47:46 »
Catalyst Game Labs Names Anthony Scroggins as BattleTech Art Director

Lake Stevens, WA (March 26, 2018) – Catalyst Game Labs has appointed Anthony Scroggins to the position of Art Director for the BattleTech tabletop game, the company announced today.

Scroggins is a longtime contributor to the BattleTech tabletop property, and his fan-favorite artwork has defined the game’s look in recent years.

In addition to contributing cover art to key sourcebooks, Scroggins was instrumental in redefining and updating the look of the BattleMech miniatures included in the game’s upcoming new boxed sets.

“I've been a fan of BattleTech for a long time, and have greatly enjoyed working on the game and with the fans,” Scroggins said. “I'm looking forward to my run as art director, and hope to oversee lots of pretty artwork for the community to enjoy.”

Former BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans now serves as line developer for the game; he remains overall Art Director for Catalyst Game Labs’ full portfolio of products.

“As Catalyst continues to expand its game lines, this move will ensure BattleTech receives the attention it deserves,” Evans said. “Plus it marks a creative shift as new blood comes in to lend their vision to a resurgent BattleTech universe and product line.”

Scroggins’ first BattleTech freelance assignment came in 2011. Since then, he has provided illustrations and miniatures work for nearly two dozen BattleTech products and approximately 30 miniatures.

Scroggins’ newest work can be found in the upcoming BattleTech Beginner Box and BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat boxed sets, due out in late summer.

Check out Anthony's amazing cover art for the upcoming sourcebook Shattered Fortress below! You can see more of his work at his DeviantArt page here.

« Last Edit: 26 March 2018, 20:54:28 by Cubby »
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleMech Manual  l  Second Succession War  l  Campaign Operations   l  Combat Manual: Kurita  l  First Succession War  l  Combat Manual: Mercenaries  l Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman  l  Interstellar Operations  l  Technical Readout: 3145   l  BattleCorps Stories: Legacy Anthology: Earthbound  l  Permanent Losses  l  Save What You Can

Empyrus

• Major
Re: NEWS: Anthony Scroggins Named BattleTech Art Director
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2018, 20:53:40 »
Ah, the Malice looks so damn great!

Congrats to Scroggins!

ChrystalNiNja88

• Private
  • THE WORD, THE WORD, THE WORD....
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2018, 20:57:06 »
Muh Malice!!!  :D
Socket to me! -Robot Nixon

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2018, 21:40:22 »
Congrats!

Now can we see round two of the Classic updates please?

brathac3108

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
    • Solaris7.pl
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2018, 03:07:03 »
Finally  ;)

Congrats!!
http://battletech.spec-host.com/forum/index.php - BattleTech in Poland
Catalyst Demo Agent #465

marauder648

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2018, 03:49:34 »
Well done Shimmering Sword!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2018, 03:51:42 »
A great candidate ascendant.  Glad to see he got the nod.
Hayden

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #7 on: 27 March 2018, 05:01:02 »
Good job! Congratulations!

BattleCorps Author: Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken, Legacy Anthology 'The Forgotten Places'

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: 27 March 2018, 08:26:43 »
Absolutely brilliant news.  Congratulations to Anthony on this well-earned posting.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Juodas Varnas

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: 27 March 2018, 08:55:23 »
AWESOME!
Congratulations, Shimmy!

Can't wait to see what comes of this!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #10 on: 27 March 2018, 09:02:04 »
Congrats !!!
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

500 is the number of Warships Now. 500 looks like it will stay for a long time.

Maingunnery

• Major
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #12 on: 27 March 2018, 12:34:17 »

Congrats Anthony, looking forward to what is to come.  :thumbsup:
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Recklessfireball1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 27 March 2018, 14:44:47 »
 :thumbsup:Great choice- he's the best BattleTech artist you guys have ever had on the payroll. 

sadlerbw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 28 March 2018, 14:01:58 »
:thumbsup:Great choice- he's the best BattleTech artist you guys have ever had on the payroll.

My Gunsmith (by David White) fetish won't allow me to fully echo that statement, but I would agree Shimmy is one of the top-tier BT artists, and I am nothing but excited that he has signed on as the official art director. I can't think of any of his BT work I've seen that I didn't think was fantastic. Congratulations all around, and I look forward to seeing the art to come!

Oh, and that Malice...so does that mean the previous cover art teaser we had is being reserved for Book 2 of the IlClan set? You know, the one with the savage wolf and the Atlas II fighting in what appeared to be a circle of equals?

marauder648

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2018, 14:09:54 »
It was also a very specific Atlas II, it was Stone's.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Cubby

• Communications
  • Lieutenant
  • Back in Black
« Reply #16 on: 28 March 2018, 14:11:37 »
Oh, and that Malice...so does that mean the previous cover art teaser we had is being reserved for Book 2 of the IlClan set? You know, the one with the savage wolf and the Atlas II fighting in what appeared to be a circle of equals?

That piece won't be the cover for "Shattered Fortress," no. I can't speak to its use beyond that.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleMech Manual  l  Second Succession War  l  Campaign Operations   l  Combat Manual: Kurita  l  First Succession War  l  Combat Manual: Mercenaries  l Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman  l  Interstellar Operations  l  Technical Readout: 3145   l  BattleCorps Stories: Legacy Anthology: Earthbound  l  Permanent Losses  l  Save What You Can

Tyrchon

• Private
« Reply #17 on: 02 April 2018, 15:48:48 »
Wow! Congratulations to Anthony "Shimmering Sword" Scroggins on the position.  His art has always been impressive so he knows what to look for and will definitely be an asset for putting great art into future publications.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #18 on: 02 April 2018, 20:23:54 »
Congrats on your appointment!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

McKenna

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Sergeant
  • Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
    • Kalisto Barques
« Reply #19 on: 13 April 2018, 11:43:34 »
Anthony... Always been a great fan of your art. It is awesome and you have done a great deal to rebrand the image of Battletech. Congrats. I look forward to the amazing times ahead.