Author Topic: Dervish DV-8M (Turner)  (Read 1276 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Dervish DV-8M (Turner)
« on: 04 June 2018, 20:17:15 »
Anyone else read the entry in CM Mercs that all they did was replace the SHS in the engine with DHS?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: Dervish DV-8M (Turner)
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2018, 20:53:36 »
looks to be a bit more drastic than that. the structure value decreases indicating an XL and the armor goes up. damage goes up too so there might be bigger lrm racks or more lasers?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Dervish DV-8M (Turner)
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2018, 21:43:30 »
Yeah, I was wondering about XL when it included engine . . . damage increasing- well I do not know the AS formula but being able to fire more consistently strikes me as a way to increase damage.  Hmm, a XL engine does let you get the 99% armor and increase the LRMs to 15s . . . of course, I would prefer to trade 1t of the SRM ammo for more LRM.  So 95% armor, 3t of ammo on the LRMs and 1t SRMs . . .

Just wondering what people thought, I mean we are behind enough for 3145 RS so a offhand statement in CM Mercs? lol
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register