Author Topic: The Anime M@sterthread - Platinum is a Full Metal Panic Edition  (Read 167477 times)

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
Re: The Anime M@sterthread - Platinum is a Full Metal Panic Edition
« Reply #660 on: 28 November 2018, 07:30:43 »
YEs, but for content only available in Japan the options are japanse with japanese subtitles. :D

I only see it because I'm on a japanse IP#.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #661 on: 28 November 2018, 08:16:24 »
Got an email this morning about a 10 DVD mystery bundle from Crunchyroll for $22. Figure this is probably mostly filled with the stuff they can't sell but could still be worth it??

Doesn't offer much about what exactly it has. Are they mostly movies? Partial seasons? Full seasons??? Anyone know?

kato

• Captain
« Reply #662 on: 28 November 2018, 11:40:56 »
In the past it seems to have been mostly a random mix of multiple series where if you were really, really lucky you'd get more than one volume (as in 4 eps) of the same series. Last year they apparently also threw a bunch of OVAs they couldn't sell into it.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #663 on: 28 November 2018, 11:55:53 »
In the past it seems to have been mostly a random mix of multiple series where if you were really, really lucky you'd get more than one volume (as in 4 eps) of the same series. Last year they apparently also threw a bunch of OVAs they couldn't sell into it.
Soo... Loot boxes?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #664 on: 28 November 2018, 12:01:30 »
I think Crunchyroll may die within year given how all their source of media are turning make their own services.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #665 on: 28 November 2018, 12:25:17 »
By the way, Live-Action Cowboy Bebop is happening on NetFlix.

10 episodes order, no sign what it going look like. It could be good, could be rehasing, or it could be bad.
I'm not fan of this sort treatment of my treasured animes.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #666 on: 28 November 2018, 12:32:42 »
People wanted anime to go mainstream.  This is exactly what happens.  If it wasn't we wouldn't have gotten the other live action movies like Dragonball, GitS, or Alita.

These things were pipe dreams in the 80s and 90s. Fans should have been careful what they wished for .

By the way, Live-Action Cowboy Bebop is happening on NetFlix.

10 episodes order, no sign what it going look like. It could be good, could be rehasing, or it could be bad.
I'm not fan of this sort treatment of my treasured animes.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #667 on: 28 November 2018, 12:39:05 »
*insert netflix adaptation meme*

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #668 on: 28 November 2018, 12:40:25 »
This sounds horrible.

I'm going to listen to Yokko Kano music until the bad images go away.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #669 on: 28 November 2018, 15:08:11 »
What may not sound horrible is Gundam NT. ANN just posted a promo video that's region locked to Japan but their able show the trailer.

I'm still not keen on the design, sorry seems to be continuation of Gundam Unicorn.  Third Unicorn. Though i wonder (without trying find the special) if this is the same third Unicorn that was in cameoed in a special for Gundam Reconguista in G: From the Past to the Future.  This link to MAHQ profile for the Phenex which is same name as the one in Gundam NT. i think they are infact the same machine.  There mode where it does not have those chain things running down it's booster.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #670 on: 28 November 2018, 19:19:02 »
i think they are infact the same machine.  There mode where it does not have those chain things running down it's booster.

They are - there's only one RX-0-03 Unicorn Gundam, nicknamed "Fenex". The 03 denotes that it is the third unit in the Unicorn line, after the original & the Banshee. This is not the first work it's appeared in, also appearing in a manga-series in addition to a pair of CG films created for Bandai's Gundam Center in Odaiba. The one appearing in the G-Reco short is a new unit based on the original blueprints.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #671 on: 28 November 2018, 20:12:06 »
Bunny Girl Senpai continues to deliver excellent episodes!  :thumbsup:
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #672 on: 29 November 2018, 15:24:21 »
Bunny Girl Senpai continues to deliver excellent episodes!  :thumbsup:
I understand it has a high school girl going invisible when she does bunny girl cosplay. But what is genre? If comedy, is it as good as Uzamaid?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

kato

• Captain
« Reply #673 on: 29 November 2018, 15:36:18 »
But what is genre?
Dialogue-heavy teen drama with some requisite romance.

The bunny suit is just an initial hook to the main plot device, and isn't really relevant to it.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #674 on: 29 November 2018, 16:10:40 »
Shad has made a video about Goblin Slayer. WARNING! Comments on the page may have something that violates forum rules, not like I have read all 3000+ of them :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGNbiTZp8s8

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #675 on: 29 November 2018, 17:28:43 »
Shad has made a video about Goblin Slayer. WARNING! Comments on the page may have something that violates forum rules, not like I have read all 3000+ of them :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGNbiTZp8s8
saw that yesterday. very good commentary.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #676 on: 01 December 2018, 13:04:19 »
Episode #9 wraps up Goblin Slayer's Water Town arc.
What's in my pocket?
Crunchyroll has couple interesting and bit funny articles about Goblin Slayer. I recommend fans over here to read them. WARNING! Some screen captures have gore and user comments don't meet this forum's rules!
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2018/11/29/goblin-slayer-is-just-like-your-first-dd-game
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2018/11/21/goblin-slayer-is-gross-and-we-love-it

More than anything, the central party of Goblin Slayer screams "amateur D&D group." Two players have inevitably selected an elf and a dwarf, and come to the unspoken agreement of carrying on their proud tradition of endless quarreling. The odd player player that enjoys strange monster races and even stranger prestige classes whose idea of roleplaying is speaking in unhelpful riddles. The newest player who's opted on playing a rookie to reflect their own inexperience, and has admirably filled the role of group healer. Then, there’s that guy who has min-maxed the heck out of his character and is very transparently metagaming, since they value experience points over memorable roleplaying experience.
Then there’s everyone try to get a rise out of Goblin Slayer and his ardent refusal to roleplay.
Goblin Slayer is supposed to be dark fantasy, but I got some good laughs of it today. More so than from many supposed comedies ;D :D

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #677 on: 01 December 2018, 15:23:14 »
New "Lelouch of the Resurrection" Trailer is up via Funimation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeiBsQkdUMM&t=0s

Looks interesting
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #678 on: 01 December 2018, 21:49:13 »
Regarding Goblin Slayer Ep9. Not my idea but i saw it in the comments and though it was both funny and on point:

From AvalonsCode -
"For being a slightly edgy show it does have its wonderfully wholesome moments. I don't know how he's gonna do it but he is gonna figure out how to use ice cream to kill goblins."
  ;D
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #679 on: 01 December 2018, 23:55:10 »
New "Lelouch of the Resurrection" Trailer is up via Funimation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeiBsQkdUMM&t=0s

Looks interesting

Immediately interested! When I heard they were doing a sequel, I was worried that they were going to have Lelouch get off completely scot-free after the BS he pulled at the end of R2, but it's clear here that C.C. still has her code and that Lelouch, if & when he appears, will have to be brought back some other way/likely won't be the central focus! I'm very intriqued! Sasuga Goro Tanaguchi-kantoku!

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #680 on: 02 December 2018, 02:53:37 »
Immediately interested! When I heard they were doing a sequel, I was worried that they were going to have Lelouch get off completely scot-free after the BS he pulled at the end of R2, but it's clear here that C.C. still has her code and that Lelouch, if & when he appears, will have to be brought back some other way/likely won't be the central focus! I'm very intriqued! Sasuga Goro Tanaguchi-kantoku!
Scott free? Didnt he die?

On a side note: Im really digging season 2 of Castlevania. Pity it only has 8 episodes.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #681 on: 02 December 2018, 03:01:59 »

One thing IIRC though, its based on the Code Geass movie compilations. Which changed a few things, some characters dying, some not dying, sorta things.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #682 on: 02 December 2018, 09:30:03 »
Scott free? Didnt he die?

Yeah, but some said he didn't & I was worried that with a sequel they were going to eliminate that.

One thing IIRC though, its based on the Code Geass movie compilations. Which changed a few things, some characters dying, some not dying, sorta things.

That's fine. I'll get around to watching those eventually.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #683 on: 02 December 2018, 14:23:32 »
Tell me when a goblin does something positive or sympathetic, won't you?
Guess what?

The true main antagonists of The Lord of the Rings were corrupted & compromised men like Saruman, not Orcs or Sauron himself.
Guess what? Anime places that scene in different place and makes changes to it.

You think Goblin Slayer hasn't taken cues from Dungeons and Dragons?
He's too busy slaying goblins to play D&D or anything else for that matter ::)
I spoke too soon ::)

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #684 on: 02 December 2018, 14:39:43 »
Guess what?

Not getting any context, sorry.

Guess what? Anime places that scene in different place and makes changes to it.

I'm not seeing any LOTR parallels here, either, sorry. Kinda lost on what you're trying to show me here!  :-\

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #685 on: 02 December 2018, 15:11:20 »
Speaking of Space Combat, Volume 6 of Space Battleship Yamato 2202 just released a clip from upcoming Volume 6 of the series. Don't bloody watch it if you don't want spoilers, though this is just combat in general nothing plot revealing.

I so want it,  i wish no-Funimation would update what they got posted. They only have up to episode 13.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #686 on: 02 December 2018, 15:20:39 »
Not getting any context, sorry.
Yeaah, first thing I SHOULD have typed in that post is it's about Goblin Slayer. I overlooked it, sorry ::)
Page is from Goblin Slayer Side Story: Year One, prequel series to Goblin Slayer. Goblin in the page says he saved the kid. Good deed that, isn't it? He (the goblin teacher) appears in anime too in flashback scenes.

[edit]
So Goblin Slayer in his childhood was saved by a goblin, and that goblin trained him to slay goblins. You didn't see that coming, did you? I sure didn't.
[/edit]

I'm not seeing any LOTR parallels here, either, sorry. Kinda lost on what you're trying to show me here!  :-\
In that page appears a corrupt & compromised man, mastermind behind the local goblin outbreak. Anime replaces him with some skeleton priest performing sacrifice ritual. Neither gets much of screen time.

Goblin Slayer has its focus in protagonist, his party, and their lives which has much more to it besides slaying goblins.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2018, 15:23:58 by Matti »

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #687 on: 02 December 2018, 15:42:05 »
So Goblin Slayer in his childhood was saved by a goblin, and that goblin trained him to slay goblins. You didn't see that coming, did you? I sure didn't.

Vaguely interesting. I'd definitely want to know more about that goblin, & what his angle was.

In that page appears a corrupt & compromised man, mastermind behind the local goblin outbreak.

Oh, wow. He was so ugly in that one image I mistook him for a goblin himself!  ;D

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #688 on: 02 December 2018, 16:56:49 »
Some pages back there is mentioned a magic scroll used in Goblin Slayer which derailed to discussion about spells and RPG rules. When it comes to Goblin Slayer, magic scrolls are rare and valuable lostech which aren't made anymore. Goblin Slayer got teleportation scroll to his hands and he wanted to get use of it to kill goblins. It isn't about having the most powerful or the most cost effective stuff, but making the best use of what is available and at hand. This should be obvious to those BattleTech and MechWarrior players who have played campaigns with limited resources, salvage, and repair rules: I don't have spare AC/10 to replace broken one in my CN9-A, I can't convert 'Mech to CN9-AL, so should I install AC/5 and maybe second LRM 10?

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #689 on: 02 December 2018, 19:56:16 »
Yeaah, first thing I SHOULD have typed in that post is it's about Goblin Slayer. I overlooked it, sorry ::)
Page is from Goblin Slayer Side Story: Year One, prequel series to Goblin Slayer. Goblin in the page says he saved the kid. Good deed that, isn't it? He (the goblin teacher) appears in anime too in flashback scenes.

[edit]
[/edit]
In that page appears a corrupt & compromised man, mastermind behind the local goblin outbreak. Anime replaces him with some skeleton priest performing sacrifice ritual. Neither gets much of screen time.

Goblin Slayer has its focus in protagonist, his party, and their lives which has much more to it besides slaying goblins.
I thought he was a halfling, an old halfling rogue/thief. Actually now that I looked at the flashback scene, he look more of a ratfolk/wererat than anything, Anime version at least.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2018, 19:59:34 by HobbesHurlbut »
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!